BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Scrappy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Need some advise

Ok guys I am more than a little pissed right now and want some opinions on what to do and please no OMG what are you complaining about posts please. I got my 09 E92 Dec 15 I posted pics of the car being covered in road salt since it came to FL from a dealership in IL. Well the car arrived at 10pm instead of 3 pm like it was supposed to. Ok no problem so I got the car and washed it the next morning where I found a scew in my tire. The first time I drove it was to pull it into and back out of my garage 10 ft maybe. The dealership only paid for 1/2 of the tire I was mad but oh well I have the car. Well today my Sirius stops I am like WTF call them and my service expired so I call the dealership I bought it from and they tell me oh you had a year from the inservice date not the day you bought the car. I was told by the person I bought it from since it was a demo I would get the full year now thats not true. What would you guys do this is really pissing me off.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
mgx
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 

sirius is not that serious... just buy another subscription. you won't get another year free. the year "free" is hardware based and would require a unit replacement.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

I would let it go and move on.
      01-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
jwg133
it's my dog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 (ordered)

Life's too short to sweat the little things....
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Scrappy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I already paid for the new subscription. I am just mad that I was lied to.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

I don't blame you for being mad. I'd just take it as a good lesson learned on the extent some dealers will go to get a deal. One way to look at it is at least it wasn't something more serious.
      01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Ask to make an appointment to speak with the manager -- do it in person, not over the phone. Go in and explain what happened and tell him you are frustrated with the service you've got. If there's an alternate dealership nearby, suggest that you'll at least look into the opinion of taking your car there for service isntead.

If they do nothing, you may only left feeling more angry; but at least you'll have tried to reason with them and can feel comfortable knowing they are just pricks.
      01-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Let it go before it gets worse. The only thing worse than being screwed, is being screwed and then the responsible party does nothing to correct it. By ramping this problem up by complaining, letter writing, and phone conversations, you are placing ever more importance on ultimately being satisfied, which may not happen. Does it sound like I've been down this road?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #9
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Let it go before it gets worse. The only thing worse than being screwed, is being screwed and then the responsible party does nothing to correct it. By ramping this problem up by complaining, letter writing, and phone conversations, you are placing ever more importance on ultimately being satisfied, which may not happen. Does it sound like I've been down this road?
Seriously man! You should be able to fight and lose without it being the end of the world. I'm sure it's just a personality thing, but it eats me up more not even trying to change things than it does not getting what I want. Sorta along the lines of that cliche -- leave it all on the field.

Regardless, the point is well taken. OP, you have just purchased one of the very best cars in the world. Don't let the stupid little things make you forget that; go out and drive!
      01-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep
Drives: 540 M Sport; 330; 135

Regarding the screw: Why didn't you just get the tire patched? Unless it is a monster size screw or bolt, it's not a big deal. (They are not RFT's so there is no prohibition against patching them). BTW did you bother to check the tire warranty that come with the car? Several of the OE manufacturers warranty their tires against road hazards.

Regarding the Sirius: Seriously? You bought a 2 model year old car from an out of state dealer, presumably because you got a smoking deal. Are you really going to get that bent out of shape about the satellite radio issue?

I would be MUCH more concerned about your warranty. If the Sirius subscription started a year ago because the car was "punched" at the dealer, did your warranty start then, too? I would be on the phone to BMWUSA right away to verify that the length of your remaining warranty matches your expectations.

I would also go to great pains to verify that the car was in fact a demo,and not a lemon buy-back or trade assist.

See: the Sirius issue doesn't seem all that important now, does it?
2008 135i
Appreciate 0