BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

03-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #23
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

Swap the bulbs... have the inspection and ticket signed off.

Then, reinstall LUX.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #24
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu English View Post
I don't really care, but.

If you are asking for help in getting out of a ticket, I think whether or not you deserve it is actually the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of the case.

It's actually irrelevant whether or not it's your personal taste, if your personal taste is illegal.
That's a fair call mate, no hard feelings, I appreciate all advice nevertheless
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M__3__R__A__G__E View Post
oi calm down, if you can't say anything nice, keep it to yourself. I am asking for help in regards to not getting the ticket, whether I deserve it or not is completely irrelevant. I couldn't care less if you or anybody else doesn't like it, it's my personal taste
Your personal taste is irrelevant, laws are not optional for you, when it comes to the safety of others. You should be removed from the roads for intentionally disobeying SAFETY laws. You sound like your maturity is at teenager level.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #26
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Ricer. Gives M3 guys a bad name. Probably still have parents pay bills
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #27
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
Ricer. Gives M3 guys a bad name. Probably still have parents pay bills
Nah man, I am not a ricer, I hate street racers, I hardly speed, and I baby the car like it is an actual baby. I just liked the look of the headlights because it matched the paint and the exhaust tips I have. My parents, although great, would never pay the bills on this car Sorry if I gave off a bad impression
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #28
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Your personal taste is irrelevant, laws are not optional for you, when it comes to the safety of others. You should be removed from the roads for intentionally disobeying SAFETY laws. You sound like your maturity is at teenager level.
wow....op when you are buying after market parts you are most likely going to draw more attention to yourself as well as taking a chance of getting a fix-it ticket...but this is the price you must pay when changing parts on your car from OEM to aftermarket.... the officer that most likely pulled you over was a motor officer...he/she is paid to strictly enforce traffic violations...they are not there for "call for service" so all day their job is traffic and thats all unless a emergency is involved.... most of the time they are enforcing the law the person receiving the ticket will always view them as a p$%ck so unfortunately they expect this and will most likely start off things in a hard manor.... i hope you are able to sort out your issue but expect to be put in the same position again...most of the time you will have an option to pay a fine instead of trying to fix the issue and have it inspected..... but depends on the violation and city/county you received it in....

to member SUNSWEET i really hope you obey all laws 100% of the time with those responses you are giving to op...meaning you dont speed, come to complete stop at stop signs, always use your turn signal and wait until the lane change has been completed,always use hands free devices, no texting and on top of it all hope your M3 is 100% stock!!!!! the point is none of us follow the letter of the law but usually we follow the spirit of the law.... i realize op really had no complaint as far as to receiving the ticket or his interaction to the officer trying to do his/her job...

but when it comes down to it we all cross the line from time to time....why else would you buy the ultimate driving machine...
      04-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
wow....op when you are buying after market parts you are most likely going to draw more attention to yourself as well as taking a chance of getting a fix-it ticket...but this is the price you must pay when changing parts on your car from OEM to aftermarket.... the officer that most likely pulled you over was a motor officer...he/she is paid to strictly enforce traffic violations...they are not there for "call for service" so all day their job is traffic and thats all unless a emergency is involved.... most of the time they are enforcing the law the person receiving the ticket will always view them as a p$%ck so unfortunately they expect this and will most likely start off things in a hard manor.... i hope you are able to sort out your issue but expect to be put in the same position again...most of the time you will have an option to pay a fine instead of trying to fix the issue and have it inspected..... but depends on the violation and city/county you received it in....

to member SUNSWEET i really hope you obey all laws 100% of the time with those responses you are giving to op...meaning you dont speed, come to complete stop at stop signs, always use your turn signal and wait until the lane change has been completed,always use hands free devices, no texting and on top of it all hope your M3 is 100% stock!!!!! the point is none of us follow the letter of the law but usually we follow the spirit of the law.... i realize op really had no complaint as far as to receiving the ticket or his interaction to the officer trying to do his/her job...

but when it comes down to it we all cross the line from time to time....why else would you buy the ultimate driving machine...
that was a fantastic response mate, I completely agree with you. It is the price I pay for having those aftermarket parts. What I do now is keep the angel eyes off during times that I am on the road, and for car shows and what not, I turn them on when the car is parked for visual enhancement.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #30
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that was a fantastic response mate, I completely agree with you. It is the price I pay for having those aftermarket parts. What I do now is keep the angel eyes off during times that I am on the road, and for car shows and what not, I turn them on when the car is parked for visual enhancement.
hey we all do it...difference is some of us get caught and some dont...but i have always had run-ins w/ frisco officers...and never in m M3...they are an aquired taste i guess
      04-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #31
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
hey we all do it...difference is some of us get caught and some dont...but i have always had run-ins w/ frisco officers...and never in m M3...they are an aquired taste i guess
I was wondering if you could help me out with something. Ever since I got these LUX H8 V4's installed, I noticed that I can't turn them off with the Idrive system, why is that? Like if i select daylight running lamps "off" they will only switch off if I use the main switch on the left of the steering wheel and turn all lights off. If the main headlight switch is on auto or on, the day lamps will stay on all the time no matter what my setting is on Idrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering if you could help me out with something. Ever since I got these LUX H8 V4's installed, I noticed that I can't turn them off with the Idrive system, why is that? Like if i select daylight running lamps "off" they will only switch off if I use the main switch on the left of the steering wheel and turn all lights off. If the main headlight switch is on auto or on, the day lamps will stay on all the time no matter what my setting is on Idrive.
why dont you just have your car inspected with the DRL on...most likle they wont know the difference.... as a matter of fact i would be willing to bet they will look at your oem headlights and write them off.....mst of the time they have no idea what the angel eyes are all about...
      04-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #33
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
why dont you just have your car inspected with the DRL on...most likle they wont know the difference.... as a matter of fact i would be willing to bet they will look at your oem headlights and write them off.....mst of the time they have no idea what the angel eyes are all about...
I passed the inspection, the bulbs are colour adjustable, but what I am wondering is why I can't turn the DRLs off...like at night, if the headlights are on, so are the DRLs even if I select the off setting on iDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #34
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
I passed the inspection, the bulbs are colour adjustable, but what I am wondering is why I can't turn the DRLs off...like at night, if the headlights are on, so are the DRLs even if I select the off setting on iDrive
Because the DRL's are directly linked to the switch even if you have your settings on your Idrive turned off. Once you manually turn on your headlights the parking lights/DRL comes on with it. So there's really no way around that.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #35
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718 View Post
Because the DRL's are directly linked to the switch even if you have your settings on your Idrive turned off. Once you manually turn on your headlights the parking lights/DRL comes on with it. So there's really no way around that.
thanks for the help mate, I appreciate it
Appreciate 0