BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #23
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
In 40-50k combined miles, my M3's have needed oil changed and a diff bolt tightened.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #24
jimmec
Private
Rep
Drives: not a bus :D

woot this thread is gold for seattle BMW owners!

Thanks guys! And I'd be happy to mention you as a referral too if you PM me.

New M3 owner here too. Hope to see you all around as well.
      05-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #25
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Kd motorsports. Kevin is a very good driver/coach for proformance racing and pro3 champ. Also check out truline bellevue for alignment and tire mounting just down street from kd byron and Pete always very helpful only ones I trust with my car.
I've sent KD a couple emails through his website over the last week or so, but haven't received a response. Is this the type of garage where if you're lucky enough to get an appointment at some point you take it, then maybe you're in after that, but until then his shop is sort of members only? Or, does he want the business? Perhaps he's been busy. Is it a one-man show?

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #26
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffstocover View Post
I've sent KD a couple emails through his website over the last week or so, but haven't received a response. Is this the type of garage where if you're lucky enough to get an appointment at some point you take it, then maybe you're in after that, but until then his shop is sort of members only? Or, does he want the business? Perhaps he's been busy. Is it a one-man show?

Thoughts?
Try calling. Think he wants the business. Told him about the referral and he was happy I mentioned him.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #27
Rassilon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

I called him at least 10 times last week, and nobody answered. I guess I had to leave a voice mail?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Not sure I use his cell. Try voice mail. What are you wanting to get done and your name? I can text him.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #29
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'll respond, even though I think your post replied to Edward.

I really want to sit down with KD, or another expert, for 15 or 30 mintutes, go through the service records for my car, let them kick the tires, and then formulate a plan for what needs to be done and when. Although the car just rolled past 25,000 miles, it is an '08, and now that it's a daily driver, I'm thinking it could use fluids (diff, trans, coolant) and it is about due for an oil change. Maybe spark plugs, too. Who knows. I just want a true expert to tell me what they think, and we can go from there. And, I can't do the stuff myself. I'm Dave, BTW.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 12:57 AM   #30
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Not sure I use his cell. Try voice mail. What are you wanting to get done and your name? I can text him.
Not sure if you saw my response by I forgot to tag u
      05-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #31
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

So still no luck with voice mail?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #32
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So still no luck with voice mail?
I'm the one who inquired via KD's website Contact portal.
      05-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #33
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Try calling and leaving voice mail to the effect mentioned above
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 07:27 AM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Did you guys get ahold of him. I was actually on track with him yesterday and drove his new chump car and he drove mine. Totally forgot to mention this sutuation!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:49 PM   #35
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you guys get ahold of him. I was actually on track with him yesterday and drove his new chump car and he drove mine. Totally forgot to mention this sutuation!
I haven't. He hasn't replied to my emails, but I haven't sent any more nor have I called. My wife is out of town for the week and I've got a 2 year old to look after....by myself....
      05-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #36
matsayswhat
Rep
Drives: '68 2002 & '16 S3

First, OP, congrats on the car! I've been starting to M3 shop and saw yours come up a few weeks ago (it was in Shoreline/Northgate, right?). It being a white manual sedan immediately caught my eye, I'm glad it went to a good home!

I remember the rear bumper being described... How bad is it? Are you going to have the bumper repainted?

Quote:
Kevin Doyle in bellevue and Noah at cohesive garage in seattle
For Kevin Doyle, I've heard he gets pretty busy. Just last night I was reading another thread on a different forum where an e30 owner was chasing an issue and another poster recommended going to KD to which the OP responded "I think he's busy because I've been e-mailing and calling to no avail".

I'm glad to hear good things about Noah @ Cohesive though since he's in West Seattle and near my 2002 mechanic. I'd seen the good reviews on Yelp, but I don't know that I trust Yelp a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSHAM3 View Post
These are my recommendations based off personal experience:
Strictly BMW in Bellevue is a good indy shop.
Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah is a good indy shop.
Haury's in Lake City is a good body shop.
The local 2002 guys had some pretty harsh things to say about Haury's so I'd be careful there. See here and the works like "never, ever again": http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/1313...ecommendation/

Now, granted those are cars that were probably getting full resprays with single stage so maybe they have an area of expertise and classics isn't it, but I'd still be wary as so far the FAQ has never steered me wrong with advice and recommendations.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #37
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yep noah is solid also and have used him as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #38
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsayswhat
First, OP, congrats on the car! I've been starting to M3 shop and saw yours come up a few weeks ago (it was in Shoreline/Northgate, right?). It being a white manual sedan immediately caught my eye, I'm glad it went to a good home!

I remember the rear bumper being described... How bad is it? Are you going to have the bumper repainted?

Quote:
Kevin Doyle in bellevue and Noah at cohesive garage in seattle
For Kevin Doyle, I've heard he gets pretty busy. Just last night I was reading another thread on a different forum where an e30 owner was chasing an issue and another poster recommended going to KD to which the OP responded "I think he's busy because I've been e-mailing and calling to no avail".

I'm glad to hear good things about Noah @ Cohesive though since he's in West Seattle and near my 2002 mechanic. I'd seen the good reviews on Yelp, but I don't know that I trust Yelp a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSHAM3 View Post
These are my recommendations based off personal experience:
Strictly BMW in Bellevue is a good indy shop.
Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah is a good indy shop.
Haury's in Lake City is a good body shop.
The local 2002 guys had some pretty harsh things to say about Haury's so I'd be careful there. See here and the works like "never, ever again": http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/1313...ecommendation/" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.bmw2002fa...mendation/</a>

Now, granted those are cars that were probably getting full resprays with single stage so maybe they have an area of expertise and classics isn't it, but I'd still be wary as so far the FAQ has never steered me wrong with advice and recommendations.
Hey, thanks man. I don't know if I bought the car you're thinking of. Actually, I doubt it, but the similarities to another AW e90 6MT recently posted on the main forum are spooky. I bought mine in mid March from a cool dude in Paulsbo who bought it from the original owner just last August, then dropped some $$$ on some Dinan upgrades, tint, tires and so forth, then got transferred overseas. Found on Craigslist. Go figure. And, 22k miles. I almost wet myself. It's got a bumper scrape. I don't know if the other one I reference above has the same issue, but the new owner of that car said he travelled from IDaho to Seattle to buy.

Oh, and thanks for the infor. Appreciated.
      06-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #39
Flea7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT/F48 X1/F430/F12

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
2005 Ferrari F430  [0.00]
2014 Ferrari F12 Be ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsayswhat View Post

The local 2002 guys had some pretty harsh things to say about Haury's so I'd be careful there. See here and the works like "never, ever again": http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/1313...ecommendation/
I too will never take my car to Haury's again ....never, ever again!
      06-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #40
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 vert, B5 S4

Quote:
That's great to hear. Thanks. I'll give him a call when I need work. PM me if you'd like me to mention your referral.
Sorry for the late reply! Feel free to mention my name, Lindsay (creative screen name huh?!). I doubt there are too many chicks in the area with an E92 M3, E30 vert and an E70 X5 (all alpine white) so he should know who I am

Quote:

Thoughts?
Kevin is usually super good at responding via all forms - Phone, email, text, etc. He may be super busy and if that's the case, he'd normally be up front about his schedule (and lack of time to get you in) and would then refer you to another shop. He truly is a great guy and his attentive response/customer service was the sole reason i chose him in the first place and have never looked back.

Kevin Doyle / KD Motorsports
Cell: 425-351-6401 (call/text/voicemail)
Email: kd.motorsports@yahoo.com
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #41
buffstocover
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
Sorry for the late reply! Feel free to mention my name, Lindsay (creative screen name huh?!). I doubt there are too many chicks in the area with an E92 M3, E30 vert and an E70 X5 (all alpine white) so he should know who I am

Kevin is usually super good at responding via all forms - Phone, email, text, etc. He may be super busy and if that's the case, he'd normally be up front about his schedule (and lack of time to get you in) and would then refer you to another shop. He truly is a great guy and his attentive response/customer service was the sole reason i chose him in the first place and have never looked back.

Kevin Doyle / KD Motorsports
Cell: 425-351-6401 (call/text/voicemail)
Email: kd.motorsports@yahoo.com
Great info. Thank you. I ended up making an appt with Seattle BMW for an oil service and coolant change next week because i never heard back from KD. Oh well. I'm sure he's busy. plus, this time of year I can't blame someone for maybe opting to do less work and spent a little more time outside!

I wonder if you're the only chick on the forum? Can't be too many--just a bunch of dudes geeking out on cars.
      06-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #42
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea7 View Post
I too will never take my car to Haury's again ....never, ever again!
Can you please expand on that a bit? I was considering taking our MINI there for a bumper and front end respray due to rock-chips.

You can PM me if you wish as well.

Thanks!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #43
Flea7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT/F48 X1/F430/F12

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
2005 Ferrari F430  [0.00]
2014 Ferrari F12 Be ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Can you please expand on that a bit? I was considering taking our MINI there for a bumper and front end respray due to rock-chips.

You can PM me if you wish as well.

Thanks!
I had the drivers rear quarter panel and new bumper done on my 328i sapphire black. It was due to someone hitting me and not staying around to say sorry. It wasn't that bad. just a little dent on the rear but the bumper was toast.

They were shady on the quote it ended up being about $1,200 more than quoted and I didn't know until I was there to pick the car up. They also didn't make the due date.

I didn't get a chance to look at it closely due to it being night time when i picked it up but the next day I found that there was overspray on the hood and glass. The paint matched well but during the polishing stage to match the finish they burned the paint on 3 areas to the primer. (corner areas)
Also, scratches on the trunk lid ...buff swirl marks on the new painted bumper.

I called the next day and told them my concerns but it didn't seem like they really cared. They offered to fix it but I decided to take the hit and not get fucked by them again. The main guy there ...I can't remember his name.... but he was kind of a dick. I don't need to go there again...ever.

They came highly recommended but i'm not impressed. There's been others that had bad experiences with them as well.
      06-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #44
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea7 View Post
I had the drivers rear quarter panel and new bumper done on my 328i sapphire black. It was due to someone hitting me and not staying around to say sorry. It wasn't that bad. just a little dent on the rear but the bumper was toast.

They were shady on the quote it ended up being about $1,200 more than quoted and I didn't know until I was there to pick the car up. They also didn't make the due date.

I didn't get a chance to look at it closely due to it being night time when i picked it up but the next day I found that there was overspray on the hood and glass. The paint matched well but during the polishing stage to match the finish they burned the paint on 3 areas to the primer. (corner areas)
Also, scratches on the trunk lid ...buff swirl marks on the new painted bumper.

I called the next day and told them my concerns but it didn't seem like they really cared. They offered to fix it but I decided to take the hit and not get fucked by them again. The main guy there ...I can't remember his name.... but he was kind of a dick. I don't need to go there again...ever.

They came highly recommended but i'm not impressed. There's been others that had bad experiences with them as well.
Thank you. Sounds like they are just insurance repair type of a place. I am too much of a nut to get screwed by shops who don't care about quality and customer service.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0