BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

02-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Lightbulb BMW Convertibles Needed at MotoGP Austin

Hello, All.

I've been asked to help recruit additional BMW convertibles for the Parade Lap at the MotoGP races on 13 April 2014.

This is at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) track in Southeast Austin, the purpose-built awesome Formula-One grade roadcourse now in its second year of operating.

This request is through official channels of the Circuit of the Americas as I've been corresponding with one of their representatives.

The MotoGP race in Austin is one of the dozen-plus stops around the world of the world's fastest motorcycle racers in the world, with bikes capable of hitting 210 mph. It is just loads of fun. Friday's schedule is warm-ups and time trials. Saturday is time trials, and part one races of the smaller machines; and then on Sunday is the primary races. The top-class, MotoGp, begins with a Parade Lap, where 12 BMW convertibles will each shuttle two riders around the 30,000 - 50,000 spectators, as they ride in the back (towels okay to protect seats). The COTA prefers that a participant purchase three-day tickets. Unlike the Formula One races, the MotoGP races give spectators a chance to see and touch motorcycles from various manufacturers (Honda, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Honda) and see/buy gear.

I can send more details to anyone that sends a Private Message to me. Don't wait!

Oh, and let's see a good showing of M3 cabriolets!

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Bump

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0