BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

View Poll Results: Meisterschaft or Gintani?
Meisterschaft 38 34.55%
Gintani 72 65.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

02-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #67
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
^ Is Riss even around still? Last I heard was some fucked up story..

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #68
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
I've never heard either exhaust in person, but I would go Gintani. I say this because it seems that everyone likes theirs, and I still remember the whole Eisenhaus scam with the Eisenmann Meisterschaft series of exhausts in the E9X 335i community when I was looking at getting a E92 335xi. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you can find plenty of threads, but basically people were ordering Eisenmann exhausts and some people got them and some people got what they now call Meisterschaft exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #69
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
Thank you! If you didn't post it, I would've!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #70
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
Exhaust: Meisterschaft or Gintani?

I'm making my final decision what do you think, Meisterschaft or Gintani?

I want something stupid loud but still a classy noise. I have a daily driver so I don't care about it.. the louder the better.

lol...

Good luck with that!
      02-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #71
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Guys as much as you don't like to hear it. BRDHNTR has a valid point.

Here is a photo of the Eisenmann Z8 Race system that was relesaed in 2001-

Here is a photo of the Meisterschaft Z8 system that was released in 2008-

Same design but one is shiny and came out years later
Once again, who cares? I buy an exhaust for the sound, not how it looks and who or where it's made. I can say that the Gintani looks like the Borla, the Magnaflo, and the Remus because they're all just two cans and some connecting pipes, yet no one calls out any of them for having the same style design.

We all know the beef that IND and Eisenhaus have with eachother, but that's the past. If a company makes a good sounding exhaust now, there's no point in knocking it down.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #72
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Once again, who cares? I buy an exhaust for the sound, not how it looks and who or where it's made. I can say that the Gintani looks like the Borla, the Magnaflo, and the Remus because they're all just two cans and some connecting pipes, yet no one calls out any of them for having the same style design.

We all know the beef that IND and Eisenhaus have with eachother, but that's the past. If a company makes a good sounding exhaust now, there's no point in knocking it down.
Whoa dude calm down. It's obvious you don't care because you have the meisterschaft, but it's still a pretty shady thing for a company to do. No one calls out any other brand because they didn't sell fake exhausts. I don't know if you know about the eisenhaus mishap, but Eisenhaus was making FAKE Eisenmann exhausts and selling them for a huge profit I'm sure..just sayin.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #73
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Whoa dude calm down. It's obvious you don't care because you have the meisterschaft, but it's still a pretty shady thing for a company to do. No one calls out any other brand because they didn't sell fake exhausts. I don't know if you know about the eisenhaus mishap, but Eisenhaus was making FAKE Eisenmann exhausts and selling them for a huge profit I'm sure..just sayin.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #74
Alias
dork
Rep
Drives: //M

There is deep hate between Ind and GTHAUS which goes way deeper than this
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #75
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
There is deep hate between Ind and GTHAUS which goes way deeper than this
that should be kept between them, if most people on this forum know about the incident then why do we have to keep reading about it over and over

this discussion was about choosing either a Gintani muffler or a Meisterschaft muffler...IND doesnt even need to be in this thread...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #76
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
that should be kept between them, if most people on this forum know about the incident then why do we have to keep reading about it over and over

this discussion was about choosing either a Gintani muffler or a Meisterschaft muffler...IND doesnt even need to be in this thread...
Point taken. I removed my post.
      03-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #77
Monster335is
Waking up from hybernation
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

+1 for Gintani. Amazing sound. Great Quality.
Appreciate 0