BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Bought new BMW M3!

Hello everyone!

I'd been lurking around here for about 3 weeks now but well heres my first post!

I purchased my first M3 on October 31 from New Century BMW. Great service over there. Anyways I just received my production number yesterday and when I called the 1800 number the automated response said the car is completed and is waiting for a boat to ship. But obsessed and eager as I am I called again this morning and its at the paint shop. What is with that? Completetion due on November 16. I am assuming there will be a one month+ boat trip for my M3 so I hope I will receive it no later than December. Is there also a way to track the car online with a list of what is completed when? I searched and found the "Ultimate Tracking Guide" and the ownerscircle doesnt work.

Ok to the main point. What should I know upon receiving my new M3? What should I watch out for? Any professional detailers around Southern California around the Orange County/San Deigo area? The ones around my house look real ghetto. Btw I probably wont be driving it much till around June because I go to some military academy. Thus I should over inflate the tires, cover it in the garage, and full gas tank? <-- found this when I searched storing.

Sorry for this long first post but thank you if you read it all and anyhelp I would greatly appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
3urger328i
White E92 328i White on Black
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i White on Black

cuz that's where I bought my first car and I'd like to hear some answers for those good questions. Congrats and welcome here. It's a great place to learn a whole lot. Make sure to post some specs of your new M3. And don't forget to post pics uppon recieval!!!
      11-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

congrats and welcome
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: R56 Cooper S

Congrats! Check out the detailing forum as there are several top notch detailers in there based in SoCal.

You should bring your car by our shop once it's in too!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Thanks for the information I will check it out. Well I am expecting arrival of the M3 late December! Very very excited
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Sherwin@ActiveAutowerke
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various BMWs

Welcome to the Forum Huang, I am sure you will find it very helpful and I cant wait to see your new baby!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Well sorry for digging this old thread I made up.. just thought it was better than making a new one but....

I am picking up my new M3 at 1pm today
I will post some pics asap before the day ends hopefully
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

Cool, same last name!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

How much did you pay for it?

Do you get the technology package?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Congrats, enjoy the sh!t out of it!!

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
exciting day!
      12-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Caution: Story below.. prepare popcorn!

Well guys today had its up and downs. When I drove in to pick up my M3 today I could say.. time felt very slow.. As I pulled into the dealership, I saw my M looking right at me! I knew it was mine as all the other M around it were black hah! Well the dealer was very enthusiastic about everything but yet it felt like he was pushing us really fast. I talked to him about throwing in some gifts and he agreed but when I was there. The paper showed only carpets My impression was.. eh.. who cares! I get my M! but my family insisted that I ask for more.. So I received a carbon fiber M keychain, Black M plate frame, and New Century BMW Cup. So after the long paperwork I went out, clicked the unlock button on the remote and the four gorgeous ring lit up. I stepped on the clutch, and pressed the Start Button. From there, the roar of the V8 came alive. The sound was beautiful. Btw.. I was amazed by the BMW car scratching wash It was so deep when I run my nail over them I could feel my finger bumping! Please any detailer if you read this PM me a quote for new car prep near Orange County, preferably I drive to you and keep my M there. Driving home was a pain... traffic on the 710 and 5.. couldnt drive faster than 20.. Many people turned and stared which is a plus. After the traffic cleared I did find myself accidentally going to 5k rpm which i think dealer recommend 3k for break in? So eh.. the sound was just amazing! Worst thing that happened to me was when I first parked in the garage.. I had the front in.. but it didnt felt right. I wanted the M to be looking out when I open the garage so I can see its beauty So I reversed and while backing up into the garage.. I scraped the bottom! I nearly bursted into tears I hate my house now Well after I got out of the M my fat ass hit the door and I was bending down to pick up my phone and it hit this table.. leaving a small paint chip... how much more can go wrong! anyways I am very excited and happy to receive my M

All I had on my M is Premium, Smartphone, and 19" wheels.
Wanted to keep it as stock as possible.. the smartphone was a must or else I wouldnt of gotten premium.. I wanted the comfort access.. but you must have tech package and nav is a nono for me

Well I hope you all have fun reading this and I will post some pictures tomorrow when it is bright outside. Here is a crappy iPhone pic for all of you to look at (someone took my camera )
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Congrats, enjoy the sh!t out of it!!
Seriously!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

oh no.. u miss out the technology package... =(
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
ocgasman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Huang,
First, congrats on the M. I love my car and I'm not even out of break in yet. Second, I know this is your new baby, but EVERYONE scrapes their bottom eventually...you just got that one out of the way early. Recommended break in is 5500 and some people drive the crap out of it right from the dealer without any problems so you're fine to rev it occasionally. About the new car prep, my detailer does fantastic work and is located in HB, but is mobile. PM if you want his info.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #16
M-Tuned
JOY IS BMW.
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW/FR E92 M3 & 2018 X5

congrats!! I was gonna get my M3 from New Century but they never return my phone call.. oh well.... but at least they gave you a set of carpet, keychain, and license plate frame for FREE!!! They only gave a set of carpet.. I had to buy the keychain and icense plate frame myself....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 02:55 AM   #17
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
oh no.. u miss out the technology package... =(
Yeah.. I liked every bit of it except the Nav.. I dont know why but Nav kills it for me for sport cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #18
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Tuned View Post
congrats!! I was gonna get my M3 from New Century but they never return my phone call.. oh well.... but at least they gave you a set of carpet, keychain, and license plate frame for FREE!!! They only gave a set of carpet.. I had to buy the keychain and icense plate frame myself....
I had to kind of convince them to. It isnt a cheapo car.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

Who was your CA at NC?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
M-Tuned
JOY IS BMW.
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW/FR E92 M3 & 2018 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
Michael Chang.. but everytime we see him he pushes us away for other customers and have his partner Alex Ji take over. After the sale Alex Ji kept telling me to give him a score of 5 and everything else as positive for the survey BMW is going to send me in the next few days.
because their salary and bonus is based on your survey. but honestly you don't have to score a 5 for him if you don't feel that satisfied..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

I know they will get some benefit if I give them a better score but they way they were pushing it.. it felt as if I owe him the score of 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Tuned View Post
because their salary and bonus is based on your survey. but honestly you don't have to score a 5 for him if you don't feel that satisfied..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
chd2
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
Caution: Story below.. prepare popcorn!

Well guys today had its up and downs. When I drove in to pick up my M3 today I could say.. time felt very slow.. As I pulled into the dealership, I saw my M looking right at me! I knew it was mine as all the other M around it were black hah! Well the dealer was very enthusiastic about everything but yet it felt like he was pushing us really fast. I talked to him about throwing in some gifts and he agreed but when I was there. The paper showed only carpets My impression was.. eh.. who cares! I get my M! but my family insisted that I ask for more.. So I received a carbon fiber M keychain, Black M plate frame, and New Century BMW Cup. So after the long paperwork I went out, clicked the unlock button on the remote and the four gorgeous ring lit up. I stepped on the clutch, and pressed the Start Button. From there, the roar of the V8 came alive. The sound was beautiful. Btw.. I was amazed by the BMW car scratching wash It was so deep when I run my nail over them I could feel my finger bumping! Please any detailer if you read this PM me a quote for new car prep near Orange County, preferably I drive to you and keep my M there. Driving home was a pain... traffic on the 710 and 5.. couldnt drive faster than 20.. Many people turned and stared which is a plus. After the traffic cleared I did find myself accidentally going to 5k rpm which i think dealer recommend 3k for break in? So eh.. the sound was just amazing! Worst thing that happened to me was when I first parked in the garage.. I had the front in.. but it didnt felt right. I wanted the M to be looking out when I open the garage so I can see its beauty So I reversed and while backing up into the garage.. I scraped the bottom! I nearly bursted into tears I hate my house now Well after I got out of the M my fat ass hit the door and I was bending down to pick up my phone and it hit this table.. leaving a small paint chip... how much more can go wrong! anyways I am very excited and happy to receive my M

All I had on my M is Premium, Smartphone, and 19" wheels.
Wanted to keep it as stock as possible.. the smartphone was a must or else I wouldnt of gotten premium.. I wanted the comfort access.. but you must have tech package and nav is a nono for me

Well I hope you all have fun reading this and I will post some pictures tomorrow when it is bright outside. Here is a crappy iPhone pic for all of you to look at (someone took my camera )
Sounds like a day in my life...seems I must scuff up anything new! I hit a pothole and scarred up my rim, I was so upset. But, remember, we are only human, and things can be fixed! Enjoy the new car!!!
Appreciate 0