BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

lowered + spacers

Hey guys,
Ive searched around and sort of confirmed that there wont be any rubbing issue, and decided on eibach springs + macht schnell spacers front 15mm and rear 12mm.

Im sitting on stock zcp rims with factory conti tires, but on a full lock/turn, my tires rub against the inner wheel housing. Is this normal?

Also, after the install, i also got brake fluid flush. After all the work, when i start turning (like the initial half/one full turn) the steering wheel, i hear a squeak sound from the steering column. Never had this happen nor heard any squeak from my steering since new. What could have gone wrong? I dont think its because of cold weather...

Any thoughts?
      01-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Very interesting. Im on the KW Sleeve Kit and im pretty low with an 18/15 macht schnell setup with the same wheel and tire combo as you and I do not rub whatsoever. Full lock, bumps, etc.
Granted I've not tried the eibachs but with my more aggressive spacer set up and being lowered with no rubbing at all, I would say your situation is not normal.
Maybe an alignment would help?
Best of luck in figuring it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim
Hey guys,
Ive searched around and sort of confirmed that there wont be any rubbing issue, and decided on eibach springs + macht schnell spacers front 15mm and rear 12mm.

Im sitting on stock zcp rims with factory conti tires, but on a full lock/turn, my tires rub against the inner wheel housing. Is this normal?

Also, after the install, i also got brake fluid flush. After all the work, when i start turning (like the initial half/one full turn) the steering wheel, i hear a squeak sound from the steering column. Never had this happen nor heard any squeak from my steering since new. What could have gone wrong? I dont think its because of cold weather...

Any thoughts?
That's odd. I'm on full coils pretty low with 15/12 setup and don't rub
Attached Images

01-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

I ran this same set up with ACS springs and 15/12 MS Spacers. No rubbing. Are you sure the squeak is coming from the steering column? Could it be the rear diff issue a lot of us have had?
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep

well that's pretty odd to me

Car is stock, never been in accident, never modded before, springs + spacers were brand new (not used parts), ZCP rims are stock with factory conti tires, installation was done at a reputable BMW shop

could it be due to alignment not done? I wanted to drive the car some time so that spring can sit and do alignment.
      01-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #6
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

I'm sure it's because you didn't do the alignment.
I'm running 18x9.5F w/265 w/no spacers and i get no rub because of the alignment. And it really shouldn't matter on waiting to let the springs settle? But what you should be concerned is uneven tire wear because of not doing a alignment.
And most likely you will have to re-adjust your headlight level, because of changing springs! (Most shops forget about it) But don't worry about that! Its super easy to DIY.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyis300 View Post
I'm sure it's because you didn't do the alignment.
I'm running 18x9.5F w/265 w/no spacers and i get no rub because of the alignment. And it really shouldn't matter on waiting to let the springs settle? But what you should be concerned is uneven tire wear because of not doing a alignment.
And most likely you will have to re-adjust your headlight level, because of changing springs! (Most shops forget about it) But don't worry about that! Its super easy to DIY.
yea today when I was driving, there was no noise at all, no rub in full lock/turn too.
I'm guessing after driving a bit more and getting an alignment will solve the issue.
I was just curious because I really didn't expect any noise from these mods, they are not "aggressive" modifications to any suspension or tires.
thanks for the input!