BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #23
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 IB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapesape View Post
My salesperson at N. Scottsdale was Stuart. Very professional, no pressure. Not like your typical salesman. 12 years there. I have to say this was the best car buying experience I've ever had. I will still be getting my car serviced at Chapman on Camelback because it's closer and the fact that you always get a BMW loaner car. The Costco deal may not be as good for coupes (I have a sedan) because of supply and demand. I actually ended up leasing the car for $600 under invoice. But then I added tint and floor mats. With the Costco deal, they show you the invoice and then the Costco price ($$$ over invoice). There's no haggling, unless you're like me and ask for a lower price. Just give him a call. Just got mine 3 weeks ago.
I got mine and maintain my current BMW at Chapman BMW in Chandler. I used Giuseppe Ferrara. Great guy known him awhile now as I got my 550I from him too. I got mine slightly under invoice when it was all said and done and got Tints and floor mats so fairly the same. Chapman is better with the loaner cars and maintenance and their Chandler facility is just amazing. I went to BMW of North Scottsdale to compare and they basically said "We don't really compete with Chapman and can't really beat the prices you were quotes." I was not very impressed.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerB View Post
Hey 737, I just traded my AW '08 335i (was tuned) for an '11 E90 M3 on Saturday and asked my SA to give me till Monday to pick a color. Just called my SA and told him I'm going with Interlagos Blue. The wifey wanted Melbourne Red, but I didnt have enough balls to go with Red. My friend said it best, ///M looks good on any color so which ever color you choose u wont go wrong.
I went with Interlagos Blue. I thought it looked really great in person when I saw it. Melbourne Red is good looking in person too.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
737Drvr
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR/M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMFAN27 View Post
I went with Interlagos Blue. I thought it looked really great in person when I saw it. Melbourne Red is good looking in person too.
Good to see so many Phoenix area guys on here! I think I'm pretty well decided on an Interlagos Blue coupe myself. I think the Chapman BMW facility down here in Chandler/Ahwatukee is great myself. The sales guy I've been working with is Ryan Dorfman. No pressure, very professional, and just a cool person to deal with. He has earned my business when I decide to order a M3.

Thanks for the compliment on the Lambo! It's a great weekend toy and just a blast to drive. If you or any of the other Phoenix area forum members are car junkies like me, we have a cars and coffee the 1st Saturday of each month at Doubletree Ranch Rd. and Scottsdale (you may already know this but thought I'd check). All kinds of cars show up and it is generally a good time. We start at 7:30 in the summer and adjust it later as the winter months come. I'll probably be there on the 4th of Sept. Always good to meet those you talk with on the forum.

P.S. Thanks for the input on Chapman BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #26
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737Drvr View Post
Good to see so many Phoenix area guys on here! I think I'm pretty well decided on an Interlagos Blue coupe myself. I think the Chapman BMW facility down here in Chandler/Ahwatukee is great myself. The sales guy I've been working with is Ryan Dorfman. No pressure, very professional, and just a cool person to deal with. He has earned my business when I decide to order a M3.

Thanks for the compliment on the Lambo! It's a great weekend toy and just a blast to drive. If you or any of the other Phoenix area forum members are car junkies like me, we have a cars and coffee the 1st Saturday of each month at Doubletree Ranch Rd. and Scottsdale (you may already know this but thought I'd check). All kinds of cars show up and it is generally a good time. We start at 7:30 in the summer and adjust it later as the winter months come. I'll probably be there on the 4th of Sept. Always good to meet those you talk with on the forum.

P.S. Thanks for the input on Chapman BMW.
Nice i can't believe I never noticed that before. I live about 2 blocks away from there. Thats right by the Paradise Bakery and the McCormick and Schmicks right? Maybe ill show up as soon as I pick up my Vert M3. It is at the preparation center now!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
737Drvr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nice i can't believe I never noticed that before. I live about 2 blocks away from there. Thats right by the Paradise Bakery and the McCormick and Schmicks right? Maybe ill show up as soon as I pick up my Vert M3. It is at the preparation center now!
Yeah, it's just south of Doubletree Ranch Rd. on Scottsdale. East side of the road. Come on out!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #28
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, it's just south of Doubletree Ranch Rd. on Scottsdale. East side of the road. Come on out!
Sounds good, If I am in town for Labor Day weekend I will stop by, but there is a good chance I am out of town. If I don't make it then I will make it a point to be there the following one in October.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #29
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
lets see pics of the tibby next to the superleggera so we know you are not pullin' our leg
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #30
scm6079
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Garage List
Very curious to hear what your lease deal at Costco was. I was at Chapman the other week looking at a sedan - $71750 MSRP, 36 month lease 15k miles per year.

$14,585 total due at signing with $999 per month payment.

Seemed a bit high, even as a starting point, vs. where Audi and Lexus were willing to play.

-Scott
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #31
Grapesape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mineral white m4

Unhappy costco deal

Wow, those guys must be high! My salesperson at N. Scottsdale was great, his name is Stuart. My sedan sticker was $73880. The money factor was .0018. I forgot what the residual was. You can get the current rates by googling it or Edmunds. I only needed 12k miles. The Costco deal was $700 over invoice. But I got them to go to $600 under invoice. But then I paid extra for the floor mats and tint. Nothing at signing except first month's payment. $1167/month. Hope that helps! I don't think they have any sedan at the moment though.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #32
Grapesape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mineral white m4

Forgot to mention 36 month lease. Also, N. Scottsdale can trade cars with Chapman Chandler, but not Chapman Camelback.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #33
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I'd go with the wife on this one and choose the Space Grey.
      08-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #34
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

I vote for ZCP and space grey bro. your wife color choice is spot on.

i'm not too impress on the m3 IB color. i think the IB on the z4m coupe is much better looking.

Quote:
I test drove the 335is and M3 back to back yesterday. I am not overly familiar with BMW's but here goes. Both were DCT. I drove the 335is first and then the M3. The 335is seemed just slightly quicker off of the line but we did not launch the M3 hard. The 335is pulled really well until 5700-6000rpm until its torque curve flattened out. At that RPM, the M3 was just coming into its own. From there it was all M3. The first difference I noticed when I switched cars were the seats and interior quality. I have to say that I think the M3 has some of the most comfortable/supportive seats I've ever seen in car. The Novillo leather was definitely a step above as well.
On to handling. The 335is handles very well. It handles much better than a Mustang 5.0 a friend and I drove a couple of weeks ago. Very little lean and changes lanes with cat-like reflexes. Where doe this put the M3? In a different league IMO. The salesman I had encouraged me to let the car have it and I gladly accepted the offer. The M3 corners flat, has nicely weighted steering and just encourages you to push its limits. It is a sublime jekyl/hyde car. The M parts truly make a difference! And we probably were only driving at a 3/10th's of the car's capabilities. I now must check with the boss (aka wife) and figure out when we might order one.
For me, it was a great experience. The salesman at Chapman BMW was probably the best I've ever come across. And that's saying a lot as I've had my share of the both the good and the bad. The car spoke for itself. I plan on ordering one with a 6spd (I just like the interaction of driving a three pedal car), ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 220 wheels, carbon fiber splitters, carbon fiber mirrors, and a few of the other goodies offered by BMW. As far as color, I'm torn. I really like Interlagos Blue but the Melbourne Red looks sweet too. My wife likes Space Gray. I guess I'll make the choice when the time comes. Any other input from owners is still appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:06 AM   #35
737Drvr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I'd go with the wife on this one and choose the Space Grey.
Marriage is about compromise, isn't it. Space Grey is still on the table but I sure like the Interlagos Blue. It will have the ZCP and 6psd for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #36
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Marriage is about compromise, isn't it. Space Grey is still on the table but I sure like the Interlagos Blue. It will have the ZCP and 6psd for sure.
Interlagos Blue! I am a bit biased though. Space Grey is very popular in these forums and, in fact, just saw one driving around in Scottsdale this morning. IB is a bit more unique and an exclusive M color. Besides women are fickle, they like one color this year and another the next, get what you like!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #37
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just got an update from my dealership. They said to come pick it up tomorrow! A month less than what they told me it would take, sweet!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #38
Spdrcrj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 Honda Civic (paid for DD)

I was just in Scottsdale two weeks ago at the BMW dealership. They had a black M3 loaded with the ZCP and black BBS Motorsport CH-R wheels. If they had one of those in white with those wheels......I'd be driving it right now. lol Beautiful SL!!! I start a new job in three weeks and thinking about picking up one of those (or a '10/'11 M3 and putting a AA supercharger on it) next year this time. I have a bunch of links to some subtle but stunning upgrades if your interested (wheels, tires, splitters/spoilers, AA supercharger, full Gintani exhaust, brakes, interior CF kit that replaces the CF leather, sportster CS seats.....ummmm....that's all for now).

Im finding it extordinarily hard to hold off buying this M3 for the SL next year.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item2eaf4acccc

Oh....I'm with you on the DD. I have a '10 Civic. But it's good on gas, reliable, cheap to own, and paid for.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
737Drvr
Private
Rep

Quote:
I just got an update from my dealership. They said to come pick it up tomorrow! A month less than what they told me it would take, sweet!
Awesome. That is great customer service. Always better to under promise and over deliver. Can't wait to see it!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #40
737Drvr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdrcrj View Post
I was just in Scottsdale two weeks ago at the BMW dealership. They had a black M3 loaded with the ZCP and black BBS Motorsport CH-R wheels. If they had one of those in white with those wheels......I'd be driving it right now. lol Beautiful SL!!! I start a new job in three weeks and thinking about picking up one of those (or a '10/'11 M3 and putting a AA supercharger on it) next year this time. I have a bunch of links to some subtle but stunning upgrades if your interested (wheels, tires, splitters/spoilers, AA supercharger, full Gintani exhaust, brakes, interior CF kit that replaces the CF leather, sportster CS seats.....ummmm....that's all for now).

Im finding it extordinarily hard to hold off buying this M3 for the SL next year.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item2eaf4acccc

Oh....I'm with you on the DD. I have a '10 Civic. But it's good on gas, reliable, cheap to own, and paid for.

Yeah, the Tib is paid for, has a great warranty, and is reliable. I'm out of town for work a lot, so the car sits at the airport outside. I just couldn't do that to an M3, Porsche, Lambo, etc. The SL is an awesome machine. It is not the fastest exotic out there but sure an attention getter. But that's cool. It's fun to talk to people about it and their cars. I respect all types of cars from a civic (like the SI) all the way up to a Pagani or Veyron. I've really taken a liking to the new 997.2 turbo. Much improved handling, very fast (faster than the SL without a doubt), and you can get a 6spd manual in one! Good luck with your choice. You can not go wrong either way. I do not feel one is better than another just different!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #41
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
This car looks awesome in these two colors. I must say women love the Melbourne though!! White and SG get boring fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #42
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sorry I could not make it out to Cars and Coffee this morning. I flew to Vegas last night for the long weekend and just getting up now. Hopefully October. Like I said it is about 3-4 blocks from me so I am sure i will make it out soon. Anyways happy motoring and 737 keep us posted on what you decide in terms of the M3!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #43
737Drvr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I could not make it out to Cars and Coffee this morning. I flew to Vegas last night for the long weekend and just getting up now. Hopefully October. Like I said it is about 3-4 blocks from me so I am sure i will make it out soon. Anyways happy motoring and 737 keep us posted on what you decide in terms of the M3!
Hope you had a good time in Vegas. The car is still in the running. I'm kind of waiting to see what they do with next year's model. I'm hoping they'll put the 4.4 V8 from the euro spec track model in this car. I know I'm probably dreaming but we'll see. I can't say enough of how well Chapman has treated me. Ryan has earned my business (provided the price is right, which I'm sure he can do) when I decide to get one. Pretty much decided on Interlagos Blue. Our next cars and coffee is on Oct. 2. Come on out if you're in town.
Appreciate 0