BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

01-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Any Maserati Quattroporte owners?

An acquaintance of mine with a '06 Quattroporte requested that I reach out to the 'forum people' (his words - not mine) regarding an issue he has:

Some douche bashed in two of his rear windows over the holidays and he'd rather get the damage fixed without jacking up his insurance premiums. What is the best course of action for him?

Any OEM retailers you could recommend where he could buy the window glass?

I'm guessing that it's not going to be that easy to find one of these cars in a junkyard for stripping
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow

I believe the damage should be covered under his comprehensive coverage and shouldn't affect his insurance premium. You should have him ask his insurance agent just to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Your friend can contact his insurance company and talk with them about it without making it an official claim for damage. If they say that claiming it on his insurance doesn't effect his premiums, then he can go that route. If they tell him it does, then he can saythat he'd rather handle the situation himself. At that point his insurance company would tell him ok, have a great day, and their "level of care" just dropped to zero as soon as the phone is hung up.

The amount of damage may not even be enough to be covered by his insurance. Depending on his deductable, he may not need to go to his insurance at all. However, I would still contact them, because they may have a list of certified repair facilities for that vehicle and they will give him information on where he can get his car fixed.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
An acquaintance of mine with a '06 Quattroporte requested that I reach out to the 'forum people' (his words - not mine) regarding an issue he has:

Some douche bashed in two of his rear windows over the holidays and he'd rather get the damage fixed without jacking up his insurance premiums. What is the best course of action for him?

Any OEM retailers you could recommend where he could buy the window glass?

I'm guessing that it's not going to be that easy to find one of these cars in a junkyard for stripping
Here is an exotic car recycler used by folks on a Maserati forum.
http://exoticautorecycling.com/
      01-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Is the car still in production? Yes. Is it a 'rare' car? No.

I don't see what the relevance is of it being a Maserati Quattroporte. If he doesn't want premiums getting jacked up then just go to a glass repair shop, google is your friend on that one. Also, I'm not sure if the US is like the UK but over there if you had not had an accident in 3 years you would start earning a 'no claims bonus' which in turn meant you could also claim upto TWICE a year without worrying about premiums and still continuing to earn the no claims bonus. I know I don't get this in Canada but like I said I'm not sure about the US..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcube View Post
Here is an exotic car recycler used by folks on a Maserati forum.
http://exoticautorecycling.com/
Thanks. I've forwarded the link. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Is the car still in production? Yes. Is it a 'rare' car? No.

I don't see what the relevance is of it being a Maserati Quattroporte. If he doesn't want premiums getting jacked up then just go to a glass repair shop, google is your friend on that one. Also, I'm not sure if the US is like the UK but over there if you had not had an accident in 3 years you would start earning a 'no claims bonus' which in turn meant you could also claim upto TWICE a year without worrying about premiums and still continuing to earn the no claims bonus. I know I don't get this in Canada but like I said I'm not sure about the US..

Is your post adding anything to this discussion? No. Are you coming off as a bit of a jerk? Yes.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Most glass claims are non-deductible and will not jack up your premium. Worst case, just buy new windows. He drives a Maserati...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

So I'm sorry to do this, but your friend owns a $150,000 car and he's worried about his insurance premiums going up? Really? Any chance he might understand that vandalism is covered under comprehensive coverage and will not increase his premium and he will only have to pay the deductible.
Appreciate 0