BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #45
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

nice!!
      07-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #46
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3onTwomps View Post
Nurburgring Negro
am I the only one laughing about this? lol

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 01:07 AM   #47
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Pics vs. IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I agree that the new E92 M3 isn't exactly a stunner. I am really not a fan of what BMW has done to the appearance of their cars in the last major redesign--but then who is? However, the new M3 and the other E92s look much better than the E90s. I think the M3 could actually be a stunner if the front end was different--the lights, the grill, tip of the hood, and where the fenders meet the bumper and the lights. The strange curves seem all wrong to me; it needs sharper and straighter lines. The rear end looks pretty good although the bumper could be positioned a bit lower (gotta cover that muffler somehow!). The proportions look good on the sides. The CF roof looks great with light colors...
I think the 335i is a stunner actually but only in person. If the "delta" comparing the E92 M3 in person is anywhere as large as the delta (pics to in person) of the 335i I think it will truly be a stunner. Of course .. eye of the beholder on most looks issues. Do you think it may work the same for you? Do you like the 335i you see around?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #48
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
I really like the red. The orange tint might be from over exposure of the film. But swamp2 is right the red will be a ticket magnet.

Steved can you post some close up of the RS4 as well? So we can compare
The 'second' picture above (on Page 2) was exactly how it looked to the naked eye when I first saw it approaching, and I thought it looked stunning, whereas sometimes it looked dull and rather flat. It is really difficult to judge given how bright the sun was shining, but I think its a bit like Interlagos where it changes hue depending on the sun. It never looks boring, that's for sure, and nothing like the Indi Red on the M5 which is a truly awful colour.

After living with it for 2 days I would 'hit it', maybe not as my first choice, but it is the best metallic-red I have ever seen in the BMW range.

Here are two more pictures, one showing both cars together and the other just of the RS4 when I stopped for a break in northern Spain.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:18 AM   #49
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: B7 Audi RS4

If there is one thing that a like about the RS4 is that it has some great colors.
Candy Blue, Bright Red, Ferrari Yellow etc. M colors have a tendency to be a bit controversial and an aquired taste. Anyhoo, looks-wise the RS4 is ahead of the M3. The M to me looks like a regular 3er whos owner dug deep into the accessories catalogue. Everything looks tacked on, rather then the E46 , where it looked as if that car was designed as the M3 first and regular 3 series after.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #50
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
If there is one thing that a like about the RS4 is that it has some great colors.
Candy Blue, Bright Red, Ferrari Yellow etc. M colors have a tendency to be a bit controversial and an aquired taste. Anyhoo, looks-wise the RS4 is ahead of the M3. The M to me looks like a regular 3er whos owner dug deep into the accessories catalogue. Everything looks tacked on, rather then the E46 , where it looked as if that car was designed as the M3 first and regular 3 series after.
Yup
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #51
moss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

Agreed
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #52
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
Why did you choose "mouse grey" (your own words) then?

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #53
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
The 'second' picture above (on Page 2) was exactly how it looked to the naked eye when I first saw it approaching, and I thought it looked stunning, whereas sometimes it looked dull and rather flat. It is really difficult to judge given how bright the sun was shining, but I think its a bit like Interlagos where it changes hue depending on the sun. It never looks boring, that's for sure, and nothing like the Indi Red on the M5 which is a truly awful colour.
Thank you. The 2nd picture of the M3 from the original post is definitely
money and I like the RS4's red as well. The M3's paint looks a more glossy from the photos.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #54
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I think the 335i is a stunner actually but only in person. If the "delta" comparing the E92 M3 in person is anywhere as large as the delta (pics to in person) of the 335i I think it will truly be a stunner. Of course .. eye of the beholder on most looks issues. Do you think it may work the same for you? Do you like the 335i you see around?
I like the 335i coupe when I see it around. I agree that it looks better in person. I am not sure I would call it a stunner though although it is definetely a good looking car. But my comments about the front end apply to it as well. I think the sedans barely look OK. This is a matter of opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #55
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...10/bmw_m3.html
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #56
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

Thnx
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #57
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #58
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Even tho its those same red car/cars, great pictures nonetheless thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #59
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:

Nice work Steve, now I know why all of the journalists only got 11.6mpg, it doesn't move very far when both wheels are lit up and redlined.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #60
Rascasse
Too Many Cars!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Silver Gray/Charcoal

Garage List
Great article and pics!
Ferrari 348 SS/March/Cosworth Indycar www.VelocePerformance.com
Appreciate 0