BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

06-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #67
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

All of you should just pay for it, especially the guy that spent a lot of money on a woman anyway. It never is worth it, mate.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #68
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
I dated this girl for about a year. When it was close to our 1 year anniversary she stopped calling me and would avoid my calls. After a day or so she calls and says that "we need to talk". She goes on and says that she just needs time to herself and that there was nothing wrong with me that it was her blah blah blah. So I ask her flat out if she was breaking up with me and she said "Yes". For the next few months I was pretty broken up over it. I was a month or so away of graduating the police academy and that last month was super rough. Well, after that 3 month mark I started going out with all my friends again who I ditched because of her. I started kicking it with my family again whom again I didn't spend much time with. I just realized over-all how truly miserable I was when I was with her.

One night I am at the bar for my cousin's b-day bash and I see this girl across the way. I am infatuated with her and I was hammered. At the end of the night and a couple of more shots, I go up to her and let her know that I thought she was gorgeous and handed her a rose that my cousin had bought and told me to hold for her. And I tucked my tail and ran. When I was on my way home I realized I probably blew it and would never see her again. Well, my friend told me to sign up on MySpace and I did. Lo and behold I found her on there. I messaged her back and forth for a while.. a month later we went on our first date.. and now we have been together for over 3 years..

The irony of it is that my GF worked per diem at my ex's work. She MySpaced my name and saw a pic of us two up and all of a sudden she was trying to call me, text me, and e-mailing me asking for me back. I ended up telling her no and that I was happy. She ended up quitting her job and moved to So. Cal.. serves her right... I treated her like a freaking queen. I guess some people don't know what they have until they lost it...
true that
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #69
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
All of you should just pay for it, especially the guy that spent a lot of money on a woman anyway. It never is worth it, mate.
Everybody pays for it, in one form or another.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #70
HappyG
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i / 6SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Does that mean that you'd rather spend money on gents?

________
Yamaha motif

Last edited by HappyG; 03-08-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #71
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
She realized you were running out of cash...
Running out of cash??

I wish that was the reason, at least then I'd be able to sleep at night knowing she was only after the $$....

She was not religious, neither was I, but her parents were VERY religious, and my parents are NOT at all religious. She was too influenced by her parents and would always do what they said....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #72
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
Running out of cash??

I wish that was the reason, at least then I'd be able to sleep at night knowing she was only after the $$....

She was not religious, neither was I, but her parents were VERY religious, and my parents are NOT at all religious. She was too influenced by her parents and would always do what they said....
let me ask is her parent muslim or some serious religion where they would kill their daughter for not obeying? maybe she scared of them and couldn't do any better?

we had case in canada where a indian parents killed their daughter because of similar issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #73
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

^^ You made a post exactly 12 hours after the previous. pretty cool.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #74
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
let me ask is her parent muslim or some serious religion where they would kill their daughter for not obeying? maybe she scared of them and couldn't do any better?

we had case in canada where a indian parents killed their daughter because of similar issue.
yea theyre mad strict. i knew sooo many muslims in my high school who totally disobeyed their religion. so many things their parents didnt know, hearts broken, all of it. tough stuff

one of my friends from college, shes not muslim but shes indian and her parents are kinda strict with her having boyfriends...she got a boyfriend, theyve been together for over a year now and they live like theyre married, its insane! they introduced each other to their ENTIRE family and they pretty much know theyll be together for life. the parents couldnt stop it. ill tell you this, if your heart is broken, you DO NOT go near them itll only kill you from their happiness

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #75
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 09' E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post

To me honest i met a girl who i thought was my twin, we were very similar(which now i know is not a good thing)
Why is that a bad thing?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #76
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4iw4n3zx View Post
Why is that a bad thing?
sometimes its bad if their personality is the same and they might have issues on certain things like if they were to argue over a fry, one might be like "oh no its my fry i bought it" and the other would be like "but i drove you there and i ordered it"...itll never end, theyre both defensive LOL that was dumb

havent you ever heard of opposites attract

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #77
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
Man I escaped a pretty tricky situation there.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #78
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 09' E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
sometimes its bad if their personality is the same and they might have issues on certain things like if they were to argue over a fry, one might be like "oh no its my fry i bought it" and the other would be like "but i drove you there and i ordered it"...itll never end, theyre both defensive LOL that was dumb

havent you ever heard of opposites attract
Haha, at first I thought you were talking about a "frying pan". Made no sense, at first xD.

But yeah, I see what you mean. Although, one could argue that if you knew yourself well enough, you'd know how to bypass all your own defensives, thus, you could get whatever you wanted from her.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #79
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4iw4n3zx View Post
Haha, at first I thought you were talking about a "frying pan". Made no sense, at first xD.

But yeah, I see what you mean. Although, one could argue that if you knew yourself well enough, you'd know how to bypass all your own defensives, thus, you could get whatever you wanted from her.
hahaha now thats how you handle yourself LOL

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #80
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Ok, the majority of my relationships terminate by a-me being a drunk moron or b-me being a moron. But here are two that stand out.

I am now 23, for reference. I was 16, she was 16, going out with this gorgeous really nice girl for a few months. I stop by her house one day to surprise her. I got the surprise. Her older sister told me she met a guy and was visiting him. Turns out he played in the NFL for the Bills, I am not going to name any names. Same girl, we get back together, hell it's highschool, not like I'm gonna marry the chick. This time I got dumped for a Vanderbilt heir... I mean, if you have to get dumped for somebody, at least it was a pro athlete and a billionaire. By the way she is now a model.

Player B. Went out with this girl for three years during college, we're in love, all that good stuff. One day she calls me over for a 'talk' she blindsides me and dumps me. My friends, both bartenders, that night at the bar we get the genius idea to go to Atlantic City to help get my mind off things. Went with the shirts on our backs, straight from the bar, at 2am. We have a blast, and 36 some odd hours later when we get back to town, my friend goes to drop me off. My front door is kicked in. I walk in and my fearless guard dog, a dachshund, is in the corner shaking. I plug my dead phone in to call the cops. The charger is upstairs. I was not prepared for what I walked into. There was human feces, blood, vomit, and medical trash everywhere, all emanating from the bathroom. There were shattered disposable razors and a bathtub filled with bloody water. I flipped out. My phone had about 20 voicemails. Apparently my ex girlfriend freaked out when I didn't answer my phone and came over. I forgot to get my key from her when she dumped me. After a day or so she had a breakdown, and tried to slit her wrist in my bathtub. She panicked called 911, and the ambulance and cops kicked in my front door. I got ahold of her sister and I was warned to stay away. She moved back to Jersey apparently, haven't heard from or tried to get ahold of her since.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #81
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep

^ wtf she should be warned to stay away from YOU not the other way around

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #82
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Some of you guys are being too nice, letting women walk all over you.

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get respect from women. It works.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #83
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
Pursued this girl for 1 year, she blew me off, played w/ my mind, flirted with other guys in front of me etc. Finally, after a year she gave in and dated me only b/c she said I obviously really liked her, wasn't a typical guy trying to get some. Girl has never had a bf, never even kissed etc.

So after 3-4 years we went everywhere together, traveled the world...I really wanted to prove to her how much I loved her. In 2008 alone, I dropped 15k on travels for the two of us, again just wanted to give her everything, show her the world. Spent mad cash on her, even at one point parted out the 335 to stop spending $$ on mods and save for a house etc. Our families met (not just immediate families, but distant) started to make wedding plans etc etc.

Engaged in February with 45 days before our wedding date, b/c of some small issues btw our families she talks to her parents and they along with her decide it wont work out (Religious issues and she said I was stubborn). Bare in mind with ~ 1 month remaining to get hitched, I had already spent 12k on a ring, 10k on a venue, 5k on a caterer, 2500 on a deposit for a photographer. I had even ordered the wedding invitations which are sitting under my bed.

So I'm short roughly 30k, lose the girl I thought I would marry (and still love). Fcuk the money, but I never saw this coming, nor did anybody else. I got the ring back, but cant return it...The deposits I left are all non refundable, already tried speaking to an attorney. A month after she'd still call me, saying it was too hard, she cant handle it etc etc. Then she started speaking to my ex...and after that she never called again.

I can't say I hate women, but I'll be damned if I ever trust one ever again. I already had trust issues w/ girls b4 I dated her, and I actually trusted her with my life, so imagine trying to trust another female after all this. Im 29 BTW, so I've had a experience, not a 19 yr old.

All of my friends, and even her friends/cousins say she will regret it some day, just a matter of time. Her parents apparently believe she will marry a tall, handsome, wealthy, religious guy who comes from a good family.

This is all fairly recent (3-4 months) so Im still a bit fcuked up, but I think its a pretty bad way to get dumped... I'm no Bill Gates, but I have a good career and do well

Worst part about it, for 3 years she just said 'I want true love, nothing else, no money nothing'. After it was over, she said 'Love is just not enough...'
      06-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #84
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Some of you guys are being too nice, letting women walk all over you.

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get respect from women. It works.
+1000000000000

nice guys finish last!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #85
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

what can i say, the penis is a cruel master
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #86
alq80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i have a messed up story... my first "official" girlfriend was when i was 17 and she was 16. we dated for 10 months and shit was great... (i was in kuwait so i couldnt afford to let me parents find out- different culture, some will understand- but her parents were cool with me being her bf).
after 10 months of doing everything together, she invites me to a party where she wanted to piss me off, and took a guy into the laundry room of this girls house (where the party was) and so i told her to fuck off... it was my last week in kuwait before going to the US for college, and i was pissed off as fuck. i was devastated and all the other good stuff!
well... there was a girl in kuwait who i met two nights before i left to the us who kept in touch with me online and waited for me to come back in the winter to get with me (since im in the US she knew she wouldnt need to commit and i didnt care ) and also to my surprise, when i got back, my ex wanted to apologise and all the other good stuff.. i told her i want to too, and during a party she invited me to go to, i just got the other girl along with me i never felt so empowered, but my ex was crying for a while so although it felt powerful i felt sorry for her.