BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
r3zon8
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 AW

[Video Review] OEM Exhaust Mod

While I save up to pickup the MPE I was really interested in the exhaust mod as a stop gap and I started working on it on Saturday. Not wanting to ruin my stock part 'just in case' I picked up a used OEM unit locally for $200. I planned to find a local shop familiar with the mod that knew welding/fabrication and wouldnt charge an arm and a leg.

I called up at the big name shops here in South FL area and no one knew or had attempted it plus they were 'too busy' for a one off job and flat out told me it would be too expensive. However they were not too busy to suggest I buy something. </rant>

My OEM Exhaust mod based on Periokids method with the variation of using stainless steel pipe welded over both perforated pipes in the absorption chamber of the OEM Exhaust. I came across PsychoChrome in Broward and though they primarily work on custom sport bikes but the owner is a BMW enthusiast and was familiar with the mod. I dropped off the exhaust on Sunday (he even opened on Sunday just to take in my part) and had it back Tuesday. I reversed the car onto a set of rhino ramps and using the guide in the DIY section i swapped the units. These videos are the result.

Cold Start Video:

Driving Inside cabin(windows UP):

Driving Inside Cabin(windows DOWN):

Revving in Neutral/Park:

Hard/Fast Start:

Last edited by r3zon8; 06-14-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Thanks for the comprehensive write up, very helpful for those of us wanting to do the mod

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Boxed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

I just did this mod today, Wow what a differnece in sound. It's only maybe 10% louder but well worth it. Also changed out the rolled factory tips for single wall ones.....still not sure about the looks since the tips looks smaller but it was only 265$ mod + tips and labor. I think I got a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
r3zon8
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed View Post
I just did this mod today, Wow what a differnece in sound. It's only maybe 10% louder but well worth it. Also changed out the rolled factory tips for single wall ones.....still not sure about the looks since the tips looks smaller but it was only 265$ mod + tips and labor. I think I got a great deal.
nice, what tips did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
Boxed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

I went with single wall 3" tips that the muffler shop had laying around for 20$....which is abit on the smaller side compare to the stock ones. I'm trying to source some 80mm pipes to cut and make my own. the ones ebay and vendors that sells are way overpriced.

heres my video https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...87601354179945
Appreciate 0