BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

05-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #111
BrooklynG87
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s REX  [10.00]
2021 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
2018 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Compet ...  [10.00]
1999 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzykk View Post
What a beautiful combination. Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
Wow that rear spoiler and difusser look incredible, I know you dont want to drop it due to NYC streets but would look so much agressive lowered, cant wait to order my frozen black M4
Thank you guys so much! The rear spoiler and diffuser are from the guys at Mode Carbon. Incredible quality. I'm super impressed. Looks so awesome in person!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #112
edu09
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2, 2022 GT3, 2022 SF90

Garage List
2022 FERRARI SF90  [10.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2022 PORSCHE 992 GT3  [10.00]
for those hard to remove stains on frozen paints (hard water stains, fuel spills) I found that Dr Beasley's matte final finish works better than the cleaner itself, I had these stains on my bumper and couldn't remove them with any of the cleaners available for matte paints, I tried Dr Beasley's, Swissvax and BMW matte cleaner and none of them did the job, the matte final finish removed them right away, just wanted to share this tip with other frozen paint owners, see some before and after pictures
Attached Images

05-20-2015, 01:27 AM   #113
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

I have been using the Chemical Guys meticulous matte detailer with nice results … thought i would share!

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3
Appreciate 1
E92M3GT101.00
      05-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #114
krzykk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like a sissy

Week 1/2015 of DDying my frosty finished with a double bath (Chemical Guys).
Love the way car looks. Matte paint brings up car curves so well.
      10-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #115
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

2012 frosted silver e92 checking in --- NJ

Bringing this back up from May. Running with Dr Beasley matte spray products and chemical guys matte wash.

The e92 m3 already has so much going for it. Then you spray on a satin frozen finish. Then you make a limited production run. Then you let one find its way into my possession. Very lucky to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #116
Titan_br
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 with AA Stage 3 SC

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am here!

Black Frozen.

I have been using SwissVax Products.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #117
blade87
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 Sapphire Black Metallic

Frozen Black owner here.

Tried BMW and Chemical Guys . Awaiting DR Beasley`s kit to arrive to test.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #118
Rey Gunn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Found this old thread after doing a search about frozen dark grey vs frozen grey. I have read that frozen grey is space grey metallic with a certain clear coat to give it that frozen finish. My question to all of you is with the new M4 GTS coming in frozen "dark" grey, is it different than the regular frozen grey? If it is, what color is it underneath the special clear coat? Reason I'm asking is I have a project truck that I want to paint in that color and just wanted to make sure. Appreciate anyone's info and help.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #119
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

frozen blue here. using the BMW matte paint shampoo and cleaner. thinking about trying Swissvax or chemical guys as well since it's a bit cheaper. this is probably the easiest paint to keep clean
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
FMLYSDN1179.50
E92M3GT101.00
      04-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #120
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09
for those hard to remove stains on frozen paints (hard water stains, fuel spills) I found that Dr Beasley's matte final finish works better than the cleaner itself, I had these stains on my bumper and couldn't remove them with any of the cleaners available for matte paints, I tried Dr Beasley's, Swissvax and BMW matte cleaner and none of them did the job, the matte final finish removed them right away, just wanted to share this tip with other frozen paint owners, see some before and after pictures
are you also using their wax?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:48 PM   #121
uncle_sam
Private
Philippines
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 30d Sophisto Gray

Chiming in from Manila, Philippines. Here's the only Frozen Red Metallic M3 in the country. Got it b/n last yr as the last e92 m3. I must say it wasn't love at first sight if not for the huge discount with new f80 already available. But hey, it has grown on me and loving it more everyday! So far, it's not really a pain to wash and yeah, no waxing needed. I use DB's matte final finish to clean off grime, dirt, bugs, etc. Will be appling the DB paint protection soon.

I really think the matte or frozen finish brings out the sexy lines and creases of the e92 much better than gloss. Must be the illusion from the sheen look. See for yourself.

Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1179.50
      04-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #122
ccdre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW 135i, '13 Frozen M3

Great looking examples! I've never seen red or blue in person .

I use the chemical guys shampoo and sealant on my frozen white, seems to work great and it's easy to apply. I haven't tried Dr Beasley or BMW stuff so can't really compare.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #123
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
I am interested to hear from Owners who gave those hard to remove marks on the paint. Having tracked my car I have a few marks which I assume are from tires chunks. I am currently using the Swissvax line and they have not been able to remove these marks. I did a test spot with clay bar and it seemed to help, unfortunately I would not recommend it as there is too much rubbing involved. Fortunately 70% of my car is covered in Xpel Stealth.

What is everyone else using for those hard to remove spots?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:33 AM   #124
ccdre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
I am interested to hear from Owners who gave those hard to remove marks on the paint. Having tracked my car I have a few marks which I assume are from tires chunks. I am currently using the Swissvax line and they have not been able to remove these marks. I did a test spot with clay bar and it seemed to help, unfortunately I would not recommend it as there is too much rubbing involved. Fortunately 70% of my car is covered in Xpel Stealth.

FMLYSDN, where and how do you place your track day number on your frozen car? Do you go with the standard blue tape or a vinyl decal?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #125
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdre View Post
Quote:

FMLYSDN, where and how do you place your track day number on your frozen car? Do you go with the standard blue tape or a vinyl decal?
Currently using painters tape on the window. I have a set of magnetic numbers coming that I will be placing on the front doors. I will ensure that they are cleaned before placing them on.

There is a number of people I see using electrical tape in their paint. I cringe everyone I see this. Or the gentleman who owns a Ferrari 488 and cleans his car by wiping the paint after every session with a cloth. I can only imagine how bad that is for the paint when he is rubbing brake dust into the clearcoat.

Yikes
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #126
ccdre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Currently using painters tape on the window. I have a set of magnetic numbers coming that I will be placing on the front doors. I will ensure that they are cleaned before placing them on.

There is a number of people I see using electrical tape in their paint. I cringe everyone I see this. Or the gentleman who owns a Ferrari 488 and cleans his car by wiping the paint after every session with a cloth. I can only imagine how bad that is for the paint when he is rubbing brake dust into the clearcoat.

Yikes
Ok, painters tape on window sounds like the least intrusive and safest way. I'm considering getting a set of vinyl decals for the small windows.

Do you think the magnetic numbers might scratch the paint underneath?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #127
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yikes
Ok, painters tape on window sounds like the least intrusive and safest way. I'm considering getting a set of vinyl decals for the small windows.

Do you think the magnetic numbers might scratch the paint underneath?
I don't think they would. As long as the surface is clean.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 12:35 AM   #128
Gazorpazorpfield
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Freshly ceramic coated with Opti-Coat Pro.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #129
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazorpazorpfield View Post
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Freshly ceramic coated with Opti-Coat Pro.
Interesting. Didn't know that was recommended for the Frozen paint. Did you do it yourself or did a detailer?

More details would be great.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #130
Gazorpazorpfield
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. Didn't know that was recommended for the Frozen paint. Did you do it yourself or did a detailer?

It was professionally done by Rebirth Detailing, a well known local detailing shop here in Winnipeg. They've done multiple frozen paint finished Ms as well as matte finished AMGs. They meticulously prepped the car before hand to remove as much contaminants as possible before applying the ceramic coating. The nice thing about the ceramic coating is that it filled in some of the fine scratches.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #131
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazorpazorpfield View Post
Quote:

It was professionally done by Rebirth Detailing, a well known local detailing shop here in Winnipeg. They've done multiple frozen paint finished Ms as well as matte finished AMGs. They meticulously prepped the car before hand to remove as much contaminants as possible before applying the ceramic coating. The nice thing about the ceramic coating is that it filled in some of the fine scratches.
What is the method for removing contaminants?

Products such as TarX and IronX? I would imagine that a clay bar is used?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #132
Gazorpazorpfield
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What is the method for removing contaminants?

Products such as TarX and IronX? I would imagine that a clay bar is used?
I'm not sure of the specifics of what was used to actually prep the car. I don't think he used a clay bar. There was road paint specs on the rear of the car and they removed each single paint spec with no rinse as lubrication and their finger nails as they found that as the safest method for removal.
Appreciate 0