BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #45
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Not me. It still isn't fast enough to outrun it's ugliness
haha well said
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #46
ching
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Price be damned, I love this car. What an exhaust note.
      01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #47
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Agreed. I am not a fan of Lexus, but damn I appreciate their engineering marvel here and give them lots of credit for their hardwork and proper focus to get it right. I love the fact that Lexus went insane with the high-revving concept and made it rev to nearly 10,000 rpm in only 0.6 seconds. No BMW ever produced for the public comes close.

I know of no Ferrari that even sounds nearly as good as the LF-A. The flat plane crank V8 sounds like utter garbage when I hear in real life the sound echo off downtown walls unless it is over 7000 rpm where it begins to come together a bit. The Ferrari 599 GTB V12 sounds much better, but still not as good as the LF-A:

The only thing that sounds close to this is the Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini LP560 or the Pagani Zonda.

So what if the car is priced too high? Lexus is not stupid and did not produce this car to get lots of sales out of it. It is all about brand image and to create a halo car with a "because we can afford to" attitude and nothing more. Lexus is pricing it at $375,000 because they know all 500 will sell over 5 years. The price could be radically less if Lexus decided to produce around a 1000, but they decided to go for exclusivity. Already 35 of the total 5 year allocation in North America of 150 have been spoken for. Lexus has been hand picking the buyers itself rather than any joe blow with lots of money who can afford to buy one.

In a nutshell, for Lexus sales is the last thing they are worried about. All the people making the fuss about the price are the people who cannot even afford a car that is even 1/4 the car Lexus LF-A is.

It already has proven its pure sporting credentials through winning 24-hour races in its class and unofficially running 7:24 around the Nurburgring, which is only beaten by the Viper ACR SRT-10 that is not even a production car, but a track car without any kind of luxuries whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
lol coming from a guy who has owned 1 rotaries... youre crazy

but this thread is so funny. "if i had to choose between a 300k ferrari and a 300k lexus, or course i would choose the lexus"

do you guys really think a person who is being asked to buy a LF-A and can afford to do one really needs to think about prices and choices? "i can only have one of these so i better make a good choice"? anyone who can afford a 599GTB or a Carrera GT can afford and probably owns multiple cars. were talking millionaires that can buy whatever they want. if you have to ask how much you cant afford it.... lol

btw i remember when pagoni came out with the zonda, konisseigg came out, gumpert made the apollo, heck even the nsx... everyone said the same shit. "why would i buy that over a ferarri???"

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-06-2010 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #48
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

This actually reminds me of the Veyron. Yes I know it's fast and has amazing tech, easy to drive etc bla bla. However, if bang for buck is your issue, you can get same performance out of other cheaper cars. The other thing is looks are subjective. I find the Veyron ugly to be honest. At least in pics. I love the LF-A and I will probably like the Veyron in real-life too haha.

I actually have no problem with a Lexus badge on a car of that price. The fact is it isnt exactly a Hyundai. The car has been developed in such an amazing way and thoroughly tested over the years. Man they made the thing out of aluminium and decided it was too heavy! That V10 sounds amazing too. I think it's a great car. Wouldnt buy one, but it is still a great car even though it is more of a collector's piece at that price. Kinda like the Veyron.
      01-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #49
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
lol coming from a guy who has owned 1 rotaries... youre crazy

but this thread is so funny. "if i had to choose between a 300k ferrari and a 300k lexus, or course i would choose the lexus"

do you guys really think a person who is being asked to buy a LF-A and can afford to do one really needs to think about prices and choices? "i can only have one of these so i better make a good choice"? anyone who can afford a 599GTB or a Carrera GT can afford and probably owns multiple cars. were talking millionaires that can buy whatever they want. if you have to ask how much you cant afford it.... lol

btw i remember when pagoni came out with the zonda, konisseigg came out, gumpert made the apollo, heck even the nsx... everyone said the same shit. "why would i buy that over a ferarri???"
no i'm not talking about your rotary lol. I'm talking about this one
. the downshift is intoxicating, the sound is unique, scream big time, rough idle, nothing sounds like it IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #50
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
I just want to see some of the technology trickle down to its "normal" cars.
      01-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #51
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
exhaust note?

01-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #52
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo4u2 View Post
exhaust note?

Are you fucking kidding me?? I swear, I would've thought those were F1 cars for a fact if I only heard the video

01-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #53
Googie
Irish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 2016 X5, Jeep JKU

Speedo

Is there any speedo as cool as this? I would probably crash the car from being distracted by the speedo.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #54
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Are you fucking kidding me?? I swear, I would've thought those were F1 cars for a fact if I only heard the video

no joke...i cant stop listening...from what I read, honda had to detune the engine a bit to keep within the 500hp limit for the circuit as well....

heres a 10 min clip of it running around the track

01-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #55
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post

I know of no Ferrari that even sounds nearly as good as the LF-A.
I am a fan of the LFA but you cannot say it sounds better than every Ferrari out there.

Ferrari F50 GT, would completely destroy the LFA in every category.

Only 3 in the world.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #56
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
no i'm not talking about your rotary lol. I'm talking about this one
. the downshift is intoxicating, the sound is unique, scream big time, rough idle, nothing sounds like it IMO.
scoot 4 rotor rx7

Appreciate 0