BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Exclamation Meisterschaft GT fits with a diffuser? Can anyone please confirm?

Am on the verge of ordering this exhaust but there are some posts about the GT being too close to the OEM bumper and therefore doesn't have enough room to clear a diffuser? I am not sure if the folks with this issue were not installing the exhaust correctly or is this really an issue?

Can anyone please confirm if they are successfully running a Meister GT with a diffuser, preferably post a picture. I have a Vorsteiner Type II diffuser on my E90 and don't want to ep ordering the GT only to find out that it touches the diffuser.

Please help
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Look at the diffuser thread http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792651 ... Most of those cars have non-OEM exhausts, and should give you an idea of what you're facing. Searching that same forum might also yield an answer for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Am on the verge of ordering this exhaust but there are some posts about the GT being too close to the OEM bumper and therefore doesn't have enough room to clear a diffuser? I am not sure if the folks with this issue were not installing the exhaust correctly or is this really an issue?

Can anyone please confirm if they are successfully running a Meister GT with a diffuser, preferably post a picture. I have a Vorsteiner Type II diffuser on my E90 and don't want to ep ordering the GT only to find out that it touches the diffuser.

Please help
I;ve seen the GTC Meisterschaft with a diffuser and it fit/looked great. I had the GT2 originally and sold it for another exhaust because the tips looked recessed when it was paired with a diffuser. I dont think it actually makes contact with the diffuser, but it does not look good because the tips dont come out far enough. To this day I still am unsure how that guy's GTC Meiseterschaft looked perfect with a diffusor, maybe they cut the xpipe in a different place for the xpipe? Not sure. I know the car was an AutoCouture build and had an ess vt2-625 on it. I'm sure if you PM'ed Sal he would be able to send you some pics and tell you how that guy got his exhaust to look perfect under there !
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:

Please help
I had a GT2 with Vorsteiner diffuser on my E90....no problem.

Pics here - I miss it

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568047
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

So after talking extensively with GT Haus I finally ordered the GT for the E90. Turns out that their newest version of the GT has the same exhaust across the board for a E90/92/93. They all use the same cannnister and are the same size as far as the body of the exhaust goes, the only difference is the tip length which is 3cm longer for the coupes and convertible. No more different canisters (barbell/indented, etc), they all have the same cannnister now.

Will post feedback on fitment once I get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I had a GT2 with Vorsteiner diffuser on my E90....no problem.

Pics here - I miss it

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568047
Thanks. Just saw your exhaust. Looks really good. I think you may have had a E92 one.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Thanks. Just saw your exhaust. Looks really good. I think you may have had a E92 one.
It was an E90/E92 one. They had made one to fit both, but it looked a bit long on the E90.
Appreciate 0