BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

02-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
acbtx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Pricing for M perf exhaust?

For those of you who've bought the exhaust, my dealer said his cost is 3,100. Seems about right - anybody heard something different? Pricing from bmw has been dropped to 4k now.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

everyone is different... and usually dealer will lie about the cost price... LOL... dont believe everything they say... but if you really want a good price.. contact GOLFR sorry i forgot hes SN...

but i suggest look for a different exhaust option... most of the people that i know or bought this exhaust regret buying it... just saying.
      02-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
That is a good price.

But like Sean said, PM GOLFFRR for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
That's the lowest I think I've seen posted on here....

+1 to what Sean said. IMO there are soo many other options out there for less. If you have 3k to spend on a exhaust I don't see any point in doing something that you won't see any performance increase from. There are a lot of great exhausts out there, if your concerned about possible warranty issues the Dinan Pipes sound great and your still covered. If you just want a cat back with little more aggressive sound I'd still consider other options and use the money you saved for extra mods

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
everyone is different... and usually dealer will lie about the cost price... LOL... dont believe everything they say... but if you really want a good price.. contact GOLFR sorry i forgot hes SN...

but i suggest look for a different exhaust option... most of the people that i know or bought this exhaust regret buying it... just saying.

COST LIST
--- -------- --------
1 18-30-2-184-198 M PERFORMANCE MUFFL

Looks like the guy from the dealership Isnt LYING!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post
COST LIST
--- -------- --------
1 18-30-2-184-198 M PERFORMANCE MUFFL

Looks like the guy from the dealership Isnt LYING!
then get it...

FYI though.... most people that owned the performance arent happy in the long run... most switch to AKRA slip on / or other exhaust

but if the dealer is selling it at cost price... hey whatever floats your boat... if you really like it get it... with the price at cost never seen one at that price... even GOLFFRR might not be able to match that... they are all about making money at one point. well good luck

im not sure if you have seen one installed from the back it looks like 2 overgrown balls hanging...
      02-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
then get it...

FYI though.... most people that owned the performance arent happy in the long run... most switch to AKRA slip on / or other exhaust

but if the dealer is selling it at cost price... hey whatever floats your boat... if you really like it get it... with the price at cost never seen one at that price... even GOLFFRR might not be able to match that... they are all about making money at one point. well good luck

im not sure if you have seen one installed from the back it looks like 2 overgrown balls hanging...

HAHAHAHAHA overgrown balls. Coudln't have described that any better.......
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

That most people regret it is something that doesn't jive from my reading here. Most people seem to like it and a good many have switched from it to something else and back again. Thats outside of the usual quantity with any car, this one included, that get a more aggressive exhaust first and then after time decide that it was too much for them in the grind and switch to something milder like the OEM performance exhaust.

Gotta agree about the droop factor though, what were they thinking? To say nothing of the fact that its good to leave the diff cover exposed as its a nice piece. I have been thinking of the getting the AE performance exhaust. Seems like it gets good reviews from the daily driver crowd and its quite a bit cheaper. To be truthful it is no easy thing to pick an exhaust out particularly if you want a daily driver setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

For anyone looking for a new exhaust system and are not on lease, I highly recommand OEM exhaust mod. At least in BMW meetings, listen to it to see if you like it. I don't think anyone has done the mod and regret it after

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia
For anyone looking for a new exhaust system and are not on lease, I highly recommand OEM exhaust mod. At least in BMW meetings, listen to it to see if you like it. I don't think anyone has done the mod and regret it after
+1 was skeptical, curious, tried it, then was blown away by it. Try the OEM exhaust mod first.
      02-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
+1 was skeptical, curious, tried it, then was blown away by it. Try the OEM exhaust mod first.
+2 best $500 I ever spent..save $thousands and just do the OEM Exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

https://www.sonicms.net/index.php?ro...&product_id=59

Now that's money well spent. Full exhaust for just $2,750 and it sounds like hell is breaking loose through a tunnel even when you are out in the open lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
I Suggest this... OEM exhaust mod is the 1st MOD i did to the car.. i was so happy and excited due to me paying $350 for the MOD its a night and day difference. FYI there are 3 type of OEM EXHAUST MOD...

1. cover small perforated pipes = LOUD
2. cover all 4 pipes... = LOUDEST
3. and the other is the newest, dont want to explain but its in the MOD section... = FAWKING LOUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
+2 best $500 I ever spent..save $thousands and just do the OEM Exhaust mod.
Exactly best MOD...

But to OP if your looking for looks and quality get the AKRA...
      02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I don't think that most people that have the BMW performance regret it. I haven't read one account of this happening actually.

But buy what you want.

It is expensive, but buying exhausts is an exercise in compromises across the board. There is no perfect exhaust. Cost, sound, performance, drone, looks, weight, quality, etc. I say again, there is no perfect solution. For me the BMW Performance exhaust is close to perfection.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
uplusd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
I Suggest this... OEM exhaust mod is the 1st MOD i did to the car.. i was so happy and excited due to me paying $350 for the MOD its a night and day difference. FYI there are 3 type of OEM EXHAUST MOD...

3. and the other is the newest, dont want to explain but its in the MOD section... = FAWKING LOUD

Exactly best MOD...

+1, did option 2, painted can black, added black chrome tips

love it, heres a quick video of cold start:

Last edited by uplusd; 02-02-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
I don't think that most people that have the BMW performance regret it. I haven't read one account of this happening actually.

But buy what you want.

It is expensive, but buying exhausts is an exercise in compromises across the board. There is no perfect exhaust. Cost, sound, performance, drone, looks, weight, quality, etc. I say again, there is no perfect solution. For me the BMW Performance exhaust is close to perfection.
yea no one wants to admit... i know 4 people so far, not naming names cause one way or another it was at the for sale section..... not all but couple of them were...

Here is the thing when most people find flaws to what they bought they wont say its bad... most of them say... going in a different route... = TO FAWK THIS SUCKS.. lol JK BUT YOU GET THE POINT.... EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTE

im not saying it sucks its just for the price they dont look attractive and thats what most people are after making the M3 looK nice... OR SOME PEOPLE YEA I HAVE THIS IM A BALLER (YES WE HAVE A LOT OF COCKY PEOPLE HERE) NOT GOING TO POST MY OLD THREAD THE DOUCHE BAG THREAD... ) lol

second people are after HP and some looks ..... when the performance exhaust came out everyone was so FREAKIN EXCITED.. well of course for those who had an exhaust already werent so excited.. specially AKRA owners... LOL not bias... FOR 4K EXHAUST you can buy an entire xpipe and exhaust and get the best bang for your buck...OR heck you can buy a full used evo exhaust for the same price or 300 bucks cheaper.... then we had issue on the paint that is peeling off. which is fawked up for a 4k exhaust.

so overall most part i agree with yout but talking about close to perfection THERE IS NOTHING BUT AKRAPOVIC THAT WOULD FIT THAT DESCRIPTION... well made and well built... not sure if you have seen the performance up close the welds are just fawked up for a 4k exhaust.. i dont know maybe its just me..

BUT LIKE YOU SAID...

There is no perfect exhaust. Cost, sound, performance, drone, looks, weight, quality, etc.

The reason why i agreed to this statement is because of the cost some people just could not justify spending 3-4k on an exhaust if it can be done for 1k.

some will argue on sound, performance, drone, looks, weight and of course quality is what everyone is after. well quality is $$$$$$$$$$$$
      02-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 m3

Quote:

Exactly best MOD...

I went with Option 3 and had ACM do it. Painted the can and tips matte black. Love the sound and the jury is still out of the matte black tips. I like the look, but I might want to add some gloss effect to it (not sure yet).
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

It's pricey but mine saved me money in the long run. It put a hault to my wasting money on going from exhaust to exhaust looking for the right one. It really compliments the M3 on sound and looks, build quality is top shelf. It's the "just right" exhaust to me, I love mine!

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
It's pricey but mine saved me money in the long run. It put a hault to my wasting money on going from exhaust to exhaust looking for the right one. It really compliments the M3 on sound and looks, build quality is top shelf. It's the "just right" exhaust to me, I love mine!

it is and no doubt bro... yours looks sick... without the black paint...

i would do this as well but with my mods it doesnt look right... but it sure and does looks and sound better then the OEM..
      02-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

This is my OEM exhaust mod

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
https://www.sonicms.net/index.php?ro...&product_id=59

Now that's money well spent. Full exhaust for just $2,750 and it sounds like hell is breaking loose through a tunnel even when you are out in the open lol.
+1 if u want to go the full exhaust route.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

I have seen OEM M exhaust on sale for 3500 shipped.

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0