BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

11-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

Anyone in Houston familiar with a black M3 @ Momentum?

I've been negotiating on a 2011 M3 Sedan, but I live in San Antonio and haven't seen the car in person yet. The car was built last November and was at the dealership and PDI'd by January. It hasn't sold yet and I was wondering if anyone's seen it there. How is it dealing with Momentum?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
I've been negotiating on a 2011 M3 Sedan, but I live in San Antonio and haven't seen the car in person yet. The car was built last November and was at the dealership and PDI'd by January. It hasn't sold yet and I was wondering if anyone's seen it there. How is it dealing with Momentum?
Which dealership.....S/W or I-10................Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
I was there a couple of months ago and I think I saw that car. wasn't interested in a sedan, so didnt give it much thought. I do remember the sticker price being a lill too much.

I have had a couple of friends purchase BMW's from Momentum and they didn't have any major complaints, just the usual stuff, haggling for the price, etc. But no major headaches as far as I can remember. But they do kind of tend to jack up the sticker price a bit, considering that they are one of the more popular BMW dealers in town.

My personal experience though was less than ideal , by a long shot. They told me they had a coupe for me to check out. 30mins later, when I show up at the dealership, the rep/CA there informed me that it was already sold!!!! I guess they figured out that I wasnt an immediate buyer and hence I got the cold shoulder. Happens, but it pissed me off, not so much the "if you are not buying now, we are not interested" attitude, but the way the rep/CA was almost borderline standoffish.

I am sure there are better CA/reps working there than the one that I dealt with.

Another thing I noticed was, they didnt seem to be too knowledgeable about M cars. They couldnt even tell me the extended warranty/maintenance packages for the M3 and were not even sure if the M3 had these as options. Needless to say, I walked out.

If I were you, I would probably go there in person to get a feel for it, ask for a test drive or atleast get the VIN from the car and run a full carfax report before even going in, even though its new, you still want to check the history if its been at the dealer lot for so long ('cause Houston's a pretty popular market for M3s). Another thing I would suggest is to have the car turned on and note the number of miles on it........I would shy away from anything that has more than 100-150 miles on it - that just means it was test driven by a bunch of people over the time it has been sitting there.

On another note, if you want an M3 and want to build it to your spec talk to Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. I have since moved to Oklahoma , but after looking around, I figured that I am gonna have to order the car to my specs anyways. And its been so far so good with Ryan. Pretty no nonsense, to the point and haggle free experience. PLus very knowledgeable about the M's in general. I must say that the comfort level has been very high in dealing with him. Another person on this forum is DAvid Aviles. Both of them come very highly recommended on this forum. I would give them a try to........

Sorry for the long post, but hope this helps..........
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep

It's got 67 miles, they sent me a picture of the odometer yesterday. Carfax and Autocheck show no record. The warranty has not been punched.
I've emailed Ryan, it's too late to order a sedan and the only one he has has $5k in paint. Ryan's deal is good if you want to do PCD or live near him, but by the time I would add on shipping or travel and lost work time expense, it's not really worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
It's got 67 miles, they sent me a picture of the odometer yesterday. Carfax and Autocheck show no record. The warranty has not been punched.
I've emailed Ryan, it's too late to order a sedan and the only one he has has $5k in paint. Ryan's deal is good if you want to do PCD or live near him, but by the time I would add on shipping or travel and lost work time expense, it's not really worth it.
hmmmmm.....seems like you are stuck with whatever is available on dealer lots if it is a sedan that you want!!!!!!! but good luck to you........ u will want to haggle the price down with momentum as much as you can though!!!!!!!!! definitely nothing more than a 1000 over invoice.......u r already paying on the higher end with this, anything over and it negates any value it may have to buying local.............
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep

Found another one at Advantage mid-town, MSRP much higher (71k). Will see what they'll do on that one.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep

Able to get a fair price at Advantage, anyone know Frank there? So far, no runaround or high pressure like the guy at Momentum.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dont know Frank, but i did buy 2 cars from them in the past year. My CA is Charles Cannon.

I can get you his contact if needed.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
Dont know Frank, but i did buy 2 cars from them in the past year. My CA is Charles Cannon.

I can get you his contact if needed.
Thanks, but Frank's already spent some time on this and has returned emails promptly and has been easy to work with. With dealer rebate and loyalty discount, about $1k under invoice. As he puts it, this car is "fresh", produced 8/29, arrived there 10/9. Still has the plastic wrapper on the seats.
It's has some options I don't need, but will be glad to have competition package, comfort access and some of the other goodies.
The other dealer found a similar car, but this guy's price is better and I feel better about things in general.
Thanks for all of your help, we're planning on a nice evening in Houston and seeing the king tut exhibit. Any recs on hotels? Thinking about the Four Seasons, but open to suggestions, somewhere my car will be safe
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

congrats...1k under is awesome!
Not too familiar with houston hotels, but the four seasons is in the middle of downtown, and i think underground parking and less than a mile from the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
orion565
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

I live by the four seasons and you won't be disappointed, I would trust my car there, a little expensive but its about 1 mile from that dealer

Quote:
Thanks, but Frank's already spent some time on this and has returned emails promptly and has been easy to work with. With dealer rebate and loyalty discount, about $1k under invoice. As he puts it, this car is "fresh", produced 8/29, arrived there 10/9. Still has the plastic wrapper on the seats.
It's has some options I don't need, but will be glad to have competition package, comfort access and some of the other goodies.
The other dealer found a similar car, but this guy's price is better and I feel better about things in general.
Thanks for all of your help, we're planning on a nice evening in Houston and seeing the king tut exhibit. Any recs on hotels? Thinking about the Four Seasons, but open to suggestions, somewhere my car will be safe
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

Reinforcing what others have said, Momentum is a pain in the ass to deal with. I live in Houston and have purchased 6 BMWs over the last 10 years or so and a total of zero of them was purchased from Momentum. I have actually tried to purchase a car from them on a couple of occassions, once when they had the exact car I wanted. They are pretty conveniently located to me, but it just became too painful - I went elsewhere and ordered. They are the kind of operation that gives BMW a bad name.

Their service dept has always seemed OK, although dealing with their automaqted appointment "feature" is also a PIA for something simple.

I now use Advantage for service, and may give them a try for sales the next go round. Advantage just seems like a nicer place to do business.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Details sent via PM............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0