BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-31-2007, 01:32 AM   #45
kujo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
I came to a sad realization today

I don't think I'll be able to afford the new M3. On a positive side hopefully within the next month or two my (new) wife and I will be closing escrow on a house here in Studio City, CA. Anyone familiar with CA home prices let alone Studio City can probably guess that our monthly mortgage will be THROUGH THE ROOF

As much as I'd love the new M3, paying likley above $900 or $1000 per month to lease it just won't make sense

Range Rover Sport here I come
Come on spence......suck it up.... ;- )

ahhh, S4 love.......
///M baby........ ///M
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 01:34 AM   #46
kujo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFavourite View Post
get a second hand RS4
And have an Understeering, front heavy Pig..... why ?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 01:36 AM   #47
kujo
Major
Rep

Get a 335i.
PROcede, ehxuast, CO's and you'll walk RS4s all day long (been proven) and almost run with a new e9x M3 bro.

But, it just won't be an M.

Can't wait to take Euro Del. of my new M3......
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #48
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
I do feel you but being a Rover owner myself I can tell you that RRS lease payments will NEVER be $700 plus/month......that's freakin' 335i territory.... The cheaper LR3 is $800-850/month.. However if you must have an RRS then I suggest you look on Leasetrader.com for a good deal at taking over payments or at a Pre-Owned one on Autotrader. I would also strongly suggest renting one for a day at Beverly Hills rent a car.....Why?............

well......I have an S4 as well and I think you might be surprised to see after spending a day with it that it's not quite up to being the great SUV you think it is......especially after being used to the fit and finish of the S4..... Anyways, just my 2 cents.........
Point well taken. For one I doubt I'll get the RR Sport in the low $700 range, espacilaly since it looks like leases are being done at around $900 today. I guess I was just optomistic that I could get one for about $100 a month less than the S4. I would still imagine that in a year from now you can probably find them somewhere in the 8's.

Secondly, I 100% agree with you. Going from a pretty high performance sports sedan like an S4 to a heavy as $hit SUV will be a major jump. Though I do enjoy driving SUV's and like I said before, do not plan on driving the RR Sport for more than 1-2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujo View Post
Come on spence......suck it up.... ;- )

ahhh, S4 love.......
///M baby........ ///M
When did you get the 335i Kujo? Geez last time I saw you I think you just got the GTI and moved up to Valencia. Plus we were comparing Rolex Submariners and talking about the Daytona. Since then I’ve got my hands on the Submariner LV and a white dial Daytona.

You know what mortgage payments are like here in L.A. Just getting started out and leasing a car for $1K plus doesn’t make too much sense. We should get together at Brendans place and watch the next F1 race.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #49
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You have to rub it in don't you:finger:
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #50
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:

what made you decide to take euro delivery of the M3, since they don't offer the ED discount on M cars?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #51
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Maybe stability was the wrong word, solidity, sturdiness; basically she feels safe.
ahh, that might be what you need to convince her not to go for an SUV. they are not safe at all. your chances of flipping one over at 40+ mph are drastically higher than a sports car--even during simple evasive action on the highway. you can find footage of tests done with range rovers in such scenarios. they flip so easily, and the visuals make a dramatic impact on the audience.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #52
kujo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
what made you decide to take euro delivery of the M3, since they don't offer the ED discount on M cars?
connections baby, connections.....
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 08:39 PM   #53
kujo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Point well taken. For one I doubt I'll get the RR Sport in the low $700 range, espacilaly since it looks like leases are being done at around $900 today. I guess I was just optomistic that I could get one for about $100 a month less than the S4. I would still imagine that in a year from now you can probably find them somewhere in the 8's.

Secondly, I 100% agree with you. Going from a pretty high performance sports sedan like an S4 to a heavy as $hit SUV will be a major jump. Though I do enjoy driving SUV's and like I said before, do not plan on driving the RR Sport for more than 1-2 years.

When did you get the 335i Kujo? Geez last time I saw you I think you just got the GTI and moved up to Valencia. Plus we were comparing Rolex Submariners and talking about the Daytona. Since then I’ve got my hands on the Submariner LV and a white dial Daytona.

You know what mortgage payments are like here in L.A. Just getting started out and leasing a car for $1K plus doesn’t make too much sense. We should get together at Brendans place and watch the next F1 race.
Yeah, got the 335i in December.
Bought the big house up in Valencia in December as well.
The new GTI just wasn't for me. Too Boy Racer........

This whole Fuel Pump issue might just have me in a nicely used 06 M3ZCP for 2 years until I get the new M.

Still got the 50th Ann. Sub, but don't wear it much.
I got a 1950 Flyback Chrono ( Panny ), so that monopolizes most of my wrist time.

kj
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #54
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
I came to a sad realization today

I don't think I'll be able to afford the new M3. On a positive side hopefully within the next month or two my (new) wife and I will be closing escrow on a house here in Studio City, CA. Anyone familiar with CA home prices let alone Studio City can probably guess that our monthly mortgage will be THROUGH THE ROOF

As much as I'd love the new M3, paying likley above $900 or $1000 per month to lease it just won't make sense

Range Rover Sport here I come
i get a 8 year loan over a Range Rover Sport. the build Q is not that great. Get a cayenne S if you must have a SUV.

-Raja
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #55
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
One word: autobahn!

Seriously - European delivery is huge fun. It would be even more fun in an M3. The other thing I would do if getting an M3 new again would be to do PCD. And you can combine ED and PCD now so its the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #56
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
ahh, that might be what you need to convince her not to go for an SUV. they are not safe at all. your chances of flipping one over at 40+ mph are drastically higher than a sports car--even during simple evasive action on the highway. you can find footage of tests done with range rovers in such scenarios. they flip so easily, and the visuals make a dramatic impact on the audience.
Obviously they are more prone to flip than cars, but in an normal accident, head on, rear ended, side, etc there’s no doubt that it’s safer being in a big SUV. I do realize that many cars score very highly on crash tests (in fact I think my S4/A4 just tested highest), but I don’t know about you I typically feel a little safer while riding in SUV’s, sans taking corners at 70mph.

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #57
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Obviously they are more prone to flip than cars, but in an normal accident, head on, rear ended, side, etc there’s no doubt that it’s safer being in a big SUV. I do realize that many cars score very highly on crash tests (in fact I think my S4/A4 just tested highest), but I don’t know about you I typically feel a little safer while riding in SUV’s, sans taking corners at 70mph.
I don't know. Low speed crashes can bang people up, but they usually will not kill. My thinking is that high speed crashes are really the ones responsible for the mortality rates although I have no data to back that up. In a high speed crash, if you are in an SUV: 1) you are more likely to flip; 2) less likely to be able to steer clear of the "issue"; 3) carry more momentum and therefore have more energy to get rid of-->higher acceleration during impact. Anyway, I'll leave it at that since I'm going off topic here...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #58
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't know. Low speed crashes can bang people up, but they usually will not kill. My thinking is that high speed crashes are really the ones responsible for the mortality rates although I have no data to back that up. In a high speed crash, if you are in an SUV: 1) you are more likely to flip; 2) less likely to be able to steer clear of the "issue"; 3) carry more momentum and therefore have more energy to get rid of-->higher acceleration during impact. Anyway, I'll leave it at that since I'm going off topic here...
I agree with you.I think ytou do see many side impact fatalities, but like you said we've gone OT, and unfortunately on a scary issue. Just drive safe and be safe on the road and you'll be fine.

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #59
Caravello
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

I don't think a base price of $55K means anything b/c by the time you are out the door you will be close to $70K. I am fully banking on it being a $70K total expenditure. My 2004 M3 OTD was $64K or thereabouts, so you figure another $6K for time and the V8.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #60
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Beating the horse

Quote:
Get a 335i.
PROcede, ehxuast, CO's and you'll walk RS4s all day long (been proven) and almost run with a new e9x M3 bro.
It surely has been beaten to death ... but ... it will take A TON more than a PROcede to run with an M3 in anything other than drag races.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #61
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Spence, I think both Bert & Ernie would want you to go for the "M".......
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #62
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Spence, I think both Bert & Ernie would want you to go for the "M".......
That and a rubber ducky

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 12:29 AM   #63
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

rubber ducky might put you over $70k these days...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #64
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

on the ED thing? how do you guys go about getting the car back over? how much does it cost to ship your car stateside? anyone have the hookup?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #65
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
rubber ducky might put you over $70k these days...

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:21 AM   #66
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
on the ED thing? how do you guys go about getting the car back over? how much does it cost to ship your car stateside? anyone have the hookup?
BMW takes care of everything. Search and read in this forum:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Bimmerfest also has a good ED forum.
Appreciate 0