BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue E92 M3

Talking ISS FORGED FM-10 19x9, 19x11 For Sale in Private section

Dear Forum Members

I have officially ordered my wheels from VJ through ISS forged. So far I have had an extremely great experience with VJ and the ordering process. He has done a great job in recommend wheel sizes and fitment. I expressed to him that I wanted something with a deep dish. He recommended me the FM-10 and told me that they can do a 3" lip in the front and a 4.5' in the rear. This set up with a flush stance will not rub and I will not need to roll my fenders. I am told I can run a Hankook V12 255/35/19 up front and a 305/30/19 in the rear ( nothing like a nice meaty tire on the M3). I have debated going back and forth between 20" and 19", but I live in Chicago and I would like a little more meat on my tires considering the roads her are very poor condition.

My Order:
19" ISS Forged FM-10
Gloss Black Lips (inner/outer)
Matte Black Centers
Stainless Steel rivets
3" Lip in front/4.5" Lip in the rear

As of right now my car consists of Kw v3 w/edc, Meisterschaft GT2 exhaust (rear section only), and I have my grills, gills, and reflector covers on the way.

I will be posting further updates along the way and I will post the photos ISS Forged as soon as they send them to me.

I would like to say Thank you to VJ and ISS Forged for a wonderful experience so far and I would recommend anyone ordering from them. I couldn't be happier and I have no worries at the moment

Any question on how you can get a hold of VJ please private message me

For Higher Quality Photos please visit my Flickr Page @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/lmbm3/

Thanks
Kyle.

UPDATE: MORE PICTURES TO COME
Attached Images

Last edited by HoOdRiCh///M3; 12-29-2012 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: posting pictures of my wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Please don't mind the dirty car, I know I need to wash it!! Just encase anyone points that out :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fresh Centers of the Lathe and Ready for CNC

I am getting super excited!!!!

I love how VJ is very consistent with sending follow up pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Any reason you got these copies instead of the BBS LM?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I wanted to customize my wheels that's all and the fact that BBS LM cost almost $5k
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoOdRiCh///M3 View Post
I wanted to customize my wheels that's all and the fact that BBS LM cost almost $5k
So what do these "forged" wheels cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Unfortunately I cannot put out a price on the forums but I can give you VJ contact information and he will be more than welcome to discuss pricing information! Let me know if u want me to PM his number to you!

Kyle
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately I cannot put out a price on the forums but I can give you VJ contact information and he will be more than welcome to discuss pricing information! Let me know if u want me to PM his number to you!

Kyle
Nah, I don't wanna buy a set. Just wondering what these supposed forged wheels cost that they are such a good deal in comparison to the wheels that are being copied. No biggie. Enjoy your wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What can u be any more negative, iss forged wheels have had a great reputation on being a great wheel and not having any issues with them! I would research them
On the boards before you go accusing a company of not being a forged wheel! There is a simple phone call that can be made to VJ and he will explain how and what they are made from! Adv 1 has had a bad rap with with wheels; I saw ur other post but just because they do nt make an honest product doesn't mean iss forged, please do ur research for accusing companies of not using forged products. Thanks hve a great day and I will enjoy my wheels!

Kyle
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What can u be any more negative, iss forged wheels have had a great reputation on being a great wheel and not having any issues with them! I would research them
On the boards before you go accusing a company of not being a forged wheel! There is a simple phone call that can be made to VJ and he will explain how and what they are made from! Adv 1 has had a bad rap with with wheels; I saw ur other post but just because they do nt make an honest product doesn't mean iss forged, please do ur research for accusing companies of not using forged products. Thanks hve a great day and I will enjoy my wheels!

Kyle
Not accusing them of anything. Just saying that you were complaining about BBS being too expensive yet you are clearly buying a cheaper copy of it. Seems like just another "forged" wheel company that popped up out of nowhere. Like I said, enjoy your wheels. No need to get hurt about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Not hurt just being respectable! It u think there cheap call him up and ask him! Now please I would like to get back to the topic at hand which is the review of the wheels I purchased! If u have any other question I would be glad to answer them!

Kyle
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post pics when you get them, and a video of that beautiful exhaust

Hope to see you at some meets this year!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I will definitely post pics throughout the process and would love to know about any upcoming Meets in the upcoming summer. And I will also thrown in some exhaust pics as well :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update: Centers have been CNC'd and Painted :-))))

VJ has sent me new gifts in my email today. Just a little update on the progress of my order. I found the picture of the Centers being CNC'd very kool. The other pictures are of the centers unpainted and then the centers painted matte black. The barrels are painted black but not sure if the are gloss black yet. I am still extremely happy with VJ and ISS Forged, there customer service is second to none. I cannot be excited enough to get these wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Wow, I thought more people would want to know about the quality of iss forged! Everyone talks about some of the othe wheels companies making crappy products!! ISS forged makes great products for a great price and make all the products in house!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yes it is a sad post, because it sounds like people only buy where the popular market is! So far the customer service has completely amazed me! so I can only imagine what my wheels will look like! TOP NOTCH (HOPEFULLY)!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Yes it is a sad post, because it sounds like people only buy where the popular market is! So far the customer service has completely amazed me! so I can only imagine what my wheels will look like! TOP NOTCH (HOPEFULLY)!!
It seems there are people on this site who feel their opinion of wheels is what you must buy. The fact that someone calls these wheels inferior to another wheel without ever owning a set is just stupid.

As for the customer service that is top notch that is why nobody is commenting it appears people only want to comment negatively about wheels other than a couple companies.

I'd like to see any of the "big companies" send you pics of your wheels being made.

Did you get chrome fastners or black?

Congratulations on your purchase with the warm weather you can get them on as soon as you get them. Looking forward to pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I actually got stainless steel fasteners they just look a little shinier cause of the flash on the camera lol

Thanks for the positive comments and yes I feel like a lot of comments on this board are negative. But then I don't blame those people who have had ba experiences with companies I just wish people would learn from others mistakes but it doesn't look like that happens.

I love how I don't have to really ask VJ for pictures and even if I do, boom, he takes a couple and then sends them to me!! I did my wheel research and the only reason I went with iss forged because I established business relationship with VJ in the first place! Some other companies either had bad reps or bad customer service so I stayed away!

I had a buddy who had iss forged for his g35 and he loves them and has had nothing wrong with them! I have also not found one bad thing about this company in my research but I did find some positive review on the company and the wheels

Wheels are a huge expense and should be bought with caution!!

Kyle
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
db71
Private
Rep

I have not heard much about ISS outside of Florida. Do the advertise somewhere or is your friend located there? I have one of their postcard flyer things with the white GTR on it their styles look good.

On the negative comment thing lots of people are haters for no reason. Just like the comments about these being inferior to bbs with no real world experience.

Are you buying them with tires or you gonna get tires locally??
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
db71
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I don't care what wheels other people buy... why would I? And I don't think any one called them inferior. I just made light of the fact that the OP seemed a little bummed out due to the lack of responses.

I know it's probably hard for you to understand but I was not talking about you or to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My buddy lives around here and has a set of 20" step-lip similar to my setup and I kinda copied it because I thought the gloss black lip with the matte black face looked bad-ass.

They don't do a lot of crazy advertising like some of the other wheels companies but then again I don't think they feel they have too. I feel that they know their product and know what their selling. From what they have told me they take pride in their work and do everything in house and I like that. Especially knowing its all made in the UNITED STATES. I will text VJ monday and find out if I can give out his number for people who have any questions about there products.

They advertise on facebook and have two websites
www.issforged.com/wheels/
www.issforged.com/wp/

I am getting my tires put on here cause one of my buddies gets decent deals on Michelin super sports but if you ask them to put tires on, I am sure they would.

Kyle

PS please no arguing on this Thread I am just trying to do a review about the wheels I ordered. Thanks much appreciated.
Appreciate 0