BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
aranjha
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Starbucks FREE Drink Coupons

Okay this is really off topic, but I was browsing through eBay just now for gift certificates to Starbucks for my sister's birthday (shes a hardcore frappichino lover) and noticed that there's tonns of coupons for free drinks that are basically a booklet of 25 coupons each. Do a completed search listing "starbucks coupons." These are selling for like $50 each. This got me interested because I run an ebay business and so I looked under the various seller's ID's and found that they all have like 200 positive feedback just from selling these coupons! I was like DAMN this is too good to be true?! They say they are 100% genuine and legal, etc. and customers obviously are able to use them because of the high feedback score. The question in my mind is where the hell do they get so many legitimate coupons to make a business out of them??! If anyone knows, I'd seriously pay anyone to know the source lol because you're talking serious profits for a small, part-time business!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
aranjha
Private
Rep

lol PM me if you know and want to sell me the source :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Maybe they work there and they steal them? lol

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
aranjha
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Maybe they work there and they steal them? lol
lol possible but u'd think they'd get caught?!....?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

aranjha - not sure how they obtained so many of those coupons but I can assure you that those coupons are indeed real. I got one through the mail (not sure how Starbucks got my address) for a free drink - specifically one of their newer tangerine blended drinks.

They might have received them through corporate promotions.
      07-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
MG_2006325i_KG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Alpine White

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
STARBUCKS Free Drink Coupons
25 COUPONS up to $6.00 each

AUTHENTIC COUPONS GOOD FOR ANY DRINK, ANY SIZE, AND NO EXPIRATION DATE

COUPONS ARE BRAND NEW

GOOD LUCK BIDDING!!!

Redeemable only at participating Starbucks Coffee Stores in the continental U.S. , Canada and the United Kingdom. No cash value.

Item will be shipped within (1) business day upon receipt of payment via USPS First Class with delivery confirmation. Shipping insurance is optional. Combined shipping is available.

I bought these like three weeks ago on Ebay and only used like 5. Due to early pregnancy symtoms I can't stand coffee right now.

The best part is the final line about early pregnancy syptoms.....if there is no expire date then why sell them?..........scam? I think so.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG_2006325i_KG
The best part is the final line about early pregnancy syptoms.....if there is no expire date then why sell them?..........scam? I think so.
maybe she wants the money for them now since she can't use them, or someone gave them to her so she just doesn't want them.

i'm not saying it isn't a scam, i'm just giving reasons. how much feedback does this particular seller have?

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Starbucks, the crack of the new millennium.
The coupons are real though. I had recieved one in the mail too. I bet the coupons on e-bay are stolen. There is no way for them to get caught becase the sku on the back of the coupons are all the same i bet.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #9
aranjha
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
maybe she wants the money for them now since she can't use them, or someone gave them to her so she just doesn't want them.

i'm not saying it isn't a scam, i'm just giving reasons. how much feedback does this particular seller have?
They got 266 feedback as of this morning and 233 of them are all from starbucks coupons...wish I could get my hands on that many for resale! lol
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
aranjha
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLancaxX
The coupons are real though. I had recieved one in the mail too. I bet the coupons on e-bay are stolen. There is no way for them to get caught becase the sku on the back of the coupons are all the same i bet.
Yeah, thats what I'm starting to think - that they are stolen...and youre right the SKU numbers are all the same so that explains it....dirty crooks
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
aranjha
Private
Rep

Quote:
:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #12
zimbofk
Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
I like alcohol. I like cigars. I like my E90. I like booty. But nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, gets me more excited than that first sip of Starbucks when I'm feeling a little low. It's like all the world's problems just slip away for a few seconds and I'm in a caffeine induced coffee bean bliss. Starbucks is my crack. Damn - I think I need a fix - a nice cold frapp with two extra shots on top. Hmmm.....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
MG_2006325i_KG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Alpine White

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
HOW TO GET FREE DRINKS AT STARBUCKS

During my years frequenting Starbucks, I’ve observed ways to beat the system and get free drinks. This is dedicated to your poor schmos who cant afford an affordable luxury. I pay for my drinks but have “accidentally” stumbled on these field-tested rules.

Rule number 1: Go the busiest store near you to capitalize on worker confusion.

The key is to find a *$ that is busy, where confusion makes it easy to get away with things. If you go to an empty store where the person who rings you up is the same person who makes your drink, you aren’t getting away with anything.

Rule number 2: Make it seem like your order was incorrect.

If a barista screws up your order, they correct it and give you a coupon for a free drink the next time you come. Technically this isn’t completely free since you have to make that first purchase, but you can keep the chain alive and get free drinks forever.

Example: “Yeah, um, this is a caramel latte but I actually ordered a vanilla latte.” Of course you really did order a caramel latte but the person who took your order is busy (you’re at a busy *$ remember?) and forgot what you really ordered.

Rule number 3: Purchase something small and then act like a patient, confused customer waiting for his coffee beverage.

A bolder extension of rule number two is the real/fake purchase scam. You first need to order a baked good from the cash register person. After she gives it to you in a bag, mill around for about five minutes and then go to the barista and say, “Have you made a grande white mocha?” Look confused but gentle, like a puppy dog. They will look at their cups and see it was missing, and then promptly add yours to the queue.

Rule number 4: Wait by the bar like a snake and grab a drink that has been sitting there for more than 3 minutes.

At busy stores the inefficiencies in the system cause a lot of duplicate drinks to be made. The drinks sit on the bar for a while until the barista’s throw them away. All you gotta do is go up there and grab a drink. This scam has a couple downsides: the drinks will probably be lukewarm by the time you get it and like a person shopping for a home in a hot real estate market, you will never get your first choice. Most of the drinks are lattes with some wussy modification like a splash of soy milk.

Rule number 5: Greet barista’s by their name.

If you are a regular at a specific store, simply ask for the first names of the people that work there and introduce yourself. They will promptly forget your name but it doesn’t matter, for each time you go there and greet them by name you create a friendly vibe that encourages them to hook you up. It’s acceptable to be a little funny. To milk your connection indefinitely, it may be a good idea to tip them every now and then so they don’t think you are cheap. Little do they know that you are just broke because you have no skills that companies would pay for.

There are holes in every system and if you patient enough its easy to pick them apart with simple observation. I conclude with a disclaimer: don’t blame me if your stupid ass gets caught.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

my aunt emailed me and my cousins a bunch of starbucks coupons. I dont know how or where she got them but they work. so that's all I care...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #15
aranjha
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
my aunt emailed me and my cousins a bunch of starbucks coupons. I dont know how or where she got them but they work. so that's all I care...
lol emailed you?! So now you can print out a venti chia latte....what's next lol
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #16
whippersnapper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: people mad

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I have gotten use to Starbucks now that I'm living in the States but the coffee is still average which is why I invested plenty in a machine for home.

It is funny that back in Australia, Starbucks was a last resort and people would prefer to get a real coffee from a real cafe, whereas in the US it is kind a of a premium place. It certainly make sense when you compare it to the alternatives in Atlanta!