BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

03-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #639
M3 Gamer
Rep
Drives: M3

Anyways, since you are paying $100 grand for a Nissan car, are you getting alot more performance out of this car vs buying a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW in the same price range? And will this car beat most European sports cars in the same price range such as Carerra, M5, E63 AMG?

I heard this car is as fast as some exotics or comes very close.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #640
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Gamer View Post
I seriously want the GTR and every GTR I see I wanna race if I'm in the M3. I saw one yesterday, but I was at a red light and it went away so I missed the chance to play around with a GTR. I saw one recently by on office buliding, probably someone doing well owned it.

But seriously what's with some of these people thinking GTR is inferior because it's a Nissan and M3 is a BMW? I'm sure the GTR will beat the M3 any day because those things are monsters. Plus GTR is more expensive than M3 so if money is the only concern I'm sure most GTR owner are well to do people who don't need a BMW to define who they are. I've been side by side with one on the freeway and that thing ROARS.

And to whoever talked about BMW is better for picking up chicks, you guys are total tools for getting an M3 for the status. Just to let you know, the Ford Mustang GT was able to keep up with me at a stoplight race so your M3s can be beat by cheaper cars.

I'm sure girls will love the GTR and it would be a more exciting ride than an M3. If the girl sees the GTR and doesn't realize the car is more impressive than most BMWs, then she's probably a super shallow bitch who can't tell a GTR is an expensive car.

GTR is in an entirely different performance class.
As far as the underlined statement, check out my history of posts in debates weve gotten into on here.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #641
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Gamer View Post
Anyways, since you are paying $100 grand for a Nissan car, are you getting alot more performance out of this car vs buying a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW in the same price range? And will this car beat most European sports cars in the same price range such as Carerra, M5, E63 AMG?

I heard this car is as fast as some exotics or comes very close.
It is faster than any other car in its price range. Just read the reviews and articles. There are a ton of information about the GT-R.

Of course speed is not everything, you trade off some civility for all the go-fast performance. But if you want the most speed for your buck, this is the ticket.

I got the M3 not because it is the fastest car in it's price. I got it because it is the best all around package for a daily driver and weekend track car in its price. If I wanted faster performance, I would have kept my Evo.
      03-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #642
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It is faster than any other car in its price range. Just read the reviews and articles. There are a ton of information about the GT-R.

Of course speed is not everything, you trade off some civility for all the go-fast performance. But if you want the most speed for your buck, this is the ticket.

I got the M3 not because it is the fastest car in it's price. I got it because it is the best all around package for a daily driver and weekend track car in its price. If I wanted faster performance, I would have kept my Evo.
My brother just picked up a brand new evo10! Never drove or sat in one going to be interesting. He said it had 3 miles on it so I won't get to drive it hard, but I'm expecting a bare bones lil racer compared to the M3.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #643
S65
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

This thread is awesome. Very entertaining.

My 2 cents.

Gtr = Designed to be a purebred trackcar. On the track, it's the King. On the street, it's not very practical. Designed for the "true" tracker. Guys will like this car over the girls. It's like a girl with an ugly face, but a hot ass body. (Not having a manual tranny is a deal killer for any purist).
M3 = Well balanced car that can do it all. Not the fastest, but it's a practical car that can do it all: Track, DD, pick up the kids at school, etc. My wife even likes driving it,and it's has a manual tranny. It's like the girl next door with a nice face, nice body, and a nice personality.
Exotics = I would purchase the 997.2TT (manual tranny of course) It's shows and it goes. It's like a trophy girl that has everything: face, tits, ass, etc.

Last edited by S65; 03-15-2013 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #644
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
This thread is awesome. Very entertaining.

My 2 cents.

Gtr = Designed to be a purebred trackcar. On the track, it's the King. On the street, it's not very practical. Designed for the "true" tracker. Guys will like this car over the girls. It's like a girl with an ugly face, but a hot ass body. (Not having a manual tranny is a deal killer for any purist).
M3 = Well balanced car that can do it all. Not the fastest, but it's a practical car that can do it all: Track, DD, pick up the kids at school, etc. My wife even likes driving it,and it's has a manual tranny. It's like the girl next door with a nice face, nice body, and a nice personality.
Exotics = I would purchase the 997.2TT (manual tranny of course) It's shows and it goes. It's like a trophy girl that has everything: face, tits, ass, etc.
I disagree on it being not very practical.. have you owned a GTR? I drove one for a year and it was very practical and it was a sledgehammer at the track.. I had other reasons for switching back to an M3 but being unpractical wasn't one of them..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #645
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
My brother just picked up a brand new evo10! Never drove or sat in one going to be interesting. He said it had 3 miles on it so I won't get to drive it hard, but I'm expecting a bare bones lil racer compared to the M3.
Yup, it is a pretty bare car - it makes the GT-R and M3 look like a Rolls Royce. It's great fun to drive on track. Traction control must be off, then the S-AYC can work it's magic allowing you to do sideways 4 wheel drifts and hold 1 G on a skidpad - much more cornering G than an M3 and matching the GT-R. Good thing the Recaros hold you in. Straight line power is so-so until you tune it, then it becomes real fun.

Here is a track lap in my Evo X from a while ago. In the first few corners of this lap, I am able to hang on to the 911 GT3 in the corners, he only gets away on the straights. I catch up to my friend's GT-R at the end of the lap. And the Evo X only has RE01R street tires and HKS street comfort coilovers.
      03-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #646
S65
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
ok...

#1 Manual trannys are going away in performance cars. No human can shift as fast as my DCT and the fact that I can shift that quickly in my car MAKES it more fun than a manual. This is coming from a guy who has exclusively owned manuals for the past 15 years in a wide variety of sports and performance-oriented cars. I will not own a manual again.

#2 I use my GT-R to drive every day to work, it has heated seats and a rear seat with enough room to put my daughter in her rear-facing infant carrier. I do this while chatting with my wife over Bluetooth. This car has all modern comforts that make daily driving easy. AWD makes me feel safe and secure in bad weather.

#3 I don't buy cars to impress women, even when I was single.

Guys who buy certain cars to impress other people, especially women, are LOSERS. Want to impress women? Read a book, go to the gym, work hard at the office. Don't be so goddamned insecure and materialistic!!
No need to get your panties all waddled up. This is just car talk. No need to be so worked up. Relax. To each his own, no matter what he drives.

1. The reason why manufacturers are going away with manual is most people that buy sports cars nowadays use it to pick up groceries. I think I am a little older than you, and all my sports cars were always manual. My current automatic is a Prius. What's the point of a 100k car that does the driving for you. Might as well have a computer drive for you too.

2. You seem to have a young family. I have two little girls myself. Buy a minivan for the family or a suv. A daily driving GTR for lugging the kids around is not practical and safe. Think about your kids over your driving pleasure.

3. I am married bro. I don't buy a car to pick up girls. My daily driver is a prius. When I met my wife, I drove a piece of shit. lol. I drive a M3 cause this is the last NA motor by BMW that has a manual tranny. It's too bad that many people get hooked up on the latest and greatest. My next car is still going to be a manual. If porshe doesn't make one, I'll get a used 997.2TT.

All in all, I like the GTR. It's a great car, but it's a track car. That's what it was built for, not to pick up groceries.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #647
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

But it can do groceries too.

And the next day it can lay down a crazy lap time.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #648
anthonyrap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 competition package

I went from a supercharged VF540 2011 M3 fully loaded with DCT to a 2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition and I love it!

The only thing I can say is that you trade a little bit of comfort for performance but other than that the car is a blast to drive and I think you will be more than happy with it.

The GTR can be driven as a daily if one wanted to. It has a very comfortable ride when the suspension setting is on comfort. With that being said it still has a stiff ride compared to, lets say an M5 or M6 even in comfort mode, but it is by no means harsh enough to be annoying. I would feel comfortable driving this car every day if i had to. When the suspension is in normal mode, the car handles VERY well when cornering. In Race mode the car feels like it is literally glued to the ground even when cornering at high speeds!

The GTR obviously also has a ton of power and is extremely fast. The biggest thing to note here is that it puts every bit of that power to the ground perfectly. My VF540 M3 was a blast on the highway but had absolutely no traction in 1st and 2nd gear and on back roads. 3rd gear even broke loose sometimes when driving the car very hard.
The GTR on the other hand feels like it is glued to the ground in any gear and any speed.
The GTR has a ton of torque at a very low RPM (2500 and up) so if you enjoy feeling the power of the vehicle at lower speeds as well as lower RPMS then you will be MORE than happy with the GTR.

The exterior of the car is beautiful in my opinion. With a set of lowering springs and spacers, it makes the car look VERY agressive.

The interior of the car is VERY nice and has a good balance between luxury and sport. With that being said it still isn't as expensive and luxurious looking as a new BMW M, Audi RS, or Mercedes AMG interior. But it is very sporty looking and I feel it compliments the car perfectly. It isn't too much but also isn't too little if you understand where I'm coming from. The seating position is very comfortable as well and can be compared to the feel of the M3. I recently test drove a 2012 ZR1 and I felt very uncomfortable and felt as if i was laying down. Not to mention the visibility was horrible. The GTR is not like this at all, it has a very comfortable seating position and visibility is perfect!

I sometimes miss my M3 because a BMW M's balance between luxury and sport is 2nd to none but, I personally am a sports car enthusiast and the GTR is exactly what I wanted. It has GREAT performance and also has a very good balance of luxury and sport compared to most vehicles in its class, although the interior and feel of the car just doesn't quite have the same feel as a BMW M.

My true and honest opinion is that the GTR is a perfect sports car with the capability to out perform most exotic cars. For the price of the vehicle, there is not anything else out there that can perform as well as the GTR. Performance is not all you get with this car though. You will feel more than happy with the luxuriousness of the GTR. The car can be used as a grocery getter when needed and also a race car with the flick of a few switches and that alone is something that can't be said about most cars.

The car has 545 crank hp, 463 lb-ft of torque stock and can put down a 0-60 time of 2.7 seconds and finish the 1/4 mile in 10.8 seconds. With software, 3" intakes, a set of downpipes, mid-pipe, and exhaust the Nissan GTR is capable of putting high 500's down to the wheels and run the 1/4 mile in mid 10's. Those performance numbers ALONE are enough for most people to buy this vehicle and be happy with it.

Last edited by anthonyrap; 03-17-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #649
KrackerXL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Get the gtr man. I made the mistake of driving one when I had the m3 lol. Still craving that car but also looking for a 2010 for a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #650
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackerXL View Post
Get the gtr man. I made the mistake of driving one when I had the m3 lol. Still craving that car but also looking for a 2010 for a good deal.
he already bought one got tired of it and bought another m3 since this thread started.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #651
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
he already bought one got tired of it and bought another m3 since this thread started.
yep... and loving every minute of it..

I did a 1:38 @ PR today on nt01s and stock suspension.. passed an Audi R8 V10 and kept up with a GTR...

I wonder what I'll get to when I get my KW CS installed..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #652
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
yep... and loving every minute of it..

I did a 1:38 @ PR today on nt01s and stock suspension.. passed an Audi R8 V10 and kept up with a GTR...

I wonder what I'll get to when I get my KW CS installed..
sweet nice work.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #653
KrackerXL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Oh what! Thats crazy man...

Then again you track your car so that could of been the deal breaker. Gtr sucked on track?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #654
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Sitting in a GTR assured me it wasn't the right, "next step." I was disappointed with the switches, knobs, well all of the interior adornments. The seats were quite lovely, as can be said about the fun auxiliary gauge display, however a lacking of the above, as well as no HD radio -- it didn't figure out at the price point. I'm also not particularly found of the engine sound as compared to the S65
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #655
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Sitting in a GTR assured me it wasn't the right, "next step." I was disappointed with the switches, knobs, well all of the interior adornments. The seats were quite lovely, as can be said about the fun auxiliary gauge display, however a lacking of the above, as well as no HD radio -- it didn't figure out at the price point. I'm also not particularly found of the engine sound as compared to the S65
lol you obviously haven't been in a gtr at full tilt on the track with a tune and a exhaust/midpipe.... it .. will.. blow.. your.. mind.. you will be rendered speechless.. just sitting in a gtr and twiddling with switches and moaning about interior quality isn't what the gtr is about..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #656
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
So you going for luxury or performance?
All out (lux and perf) would be the 911 turbo and thats a SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER price range.
Or you could go lower end all around and go with the M3.

Straight performance would be GTR on a semi lower end in comp to the 911T.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #657
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

High perf, good looking, shitty brand, so so quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #658
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
friend making a pull in my car. this is pump 93 and my road race tune
Congrats on your win @ TX2k13. Your GTR is beast. Can't believe it's going for more upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #659
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Congrats on your win @ TX2k13. Your GTR is beast. Can't believe it's going for more upgrades.
thanks man. it was an absolutely amazing weekend. Still cant believe i won my class

new parts are ordered. Should be good for 1k whp on 93 and 1200whp on racegas. And we might throw some nitrous at it for shits and giggles

and im still going to roadrace the shit out of the car

8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #660
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
thanks man. it was an absolutely amazing weekend. Still cant believe i won my class

new parts are ordered. Should be good for 1k whp on 93 and 1200whp on racegas. And we might throw some nitrous at it for shits and giggles

and im still going to roadrace the shit out of the car

Wow! That's sounds like the ultimate driving machine to me