BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

12-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Talking Anyone knows how to track my order in Canada? Thanks

Hi, everyone, it is my first official thread, hope you guys can offer some help..
According to my dealer's words, my e92 m has already landed in Halifax (Canada) and is probably on the train to Vancouver, but I would prefer to track it on my own (cant wait to see my baby). Anyone knows how to track orders in Canada? Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

No need to shout, we can read it just fine in normal sized print...

Tracking is Canada, particularly once into Halifax, is pretty much not available. Keep in touch with your dealer, he will likely have the best info. AFAIK, you cannot track it any other way.
      06-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
Hi, everyone, it is my first official thread, hope you guys can offer some help..
According to my dealer's words, my e92 m has already landed in Halifax (Canada) and is probably on the train to Vancouver, but I would prefer to track it on my own (cant wait to see my baby). Anyone knows how to track orders in Canada? Thanks a lot
hey there, I have been trying to find info on how to track order shipment to Canada (also Vancouver, BC) too. I know your post is now couple years old but hopefully someone has info sees this now can help me out

I found out so far that I can call BMW Canada 1-800# for info, tried last night after I got my VIN from dealer; no automated system like BMW USA so will have to wait until Monday to try calling again and see if the "talk to an operator" is any use.

Some google search also led me to some posts (elsewhere) saying that I can use the last 7-digit of VIN to search on this shipping site to find which ship the car is on. No luck... I even tried using wildcard (%) as their help page shows in various field.
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

I am hoping my car is actually already off the boat in Canada on its way to the West coast on rail...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Jacking this to document my Canada order tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
hey there, I have been trying to find info on how to track order shipment to Canada (also Vancouver, BC) too. I know your post is now couple years old but hopefully someone has info sees this now can help me out

I found out so far that I can call BMW Canada 1-800# for info, tried last night after I got my VIN from dealer; no automated system like BMW USA so will have to wait until Monday to try calling again and see if the "talk to an operator" is any use.

Some google search also led me to some posts (elsewhere) saying that I can use the last 7-digit of VIN to search on this shipping site to find which ship the car is on. No luck... I even tried using wildcard (%) as their help page shows in various field.
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

I am hoping my car is actually already off the boat in Canada on its way to the West coast on rail...
I am making progress tracking my car. I decided to jack this thread and use it to document how I track my Canada order since most of the other tracking threads are US focused.

For Canada order, there is no BMW Owner Circle site to use. Have to call BMW Canada 1-800# to get a service rep.

Tell him/her you want to get status on your order, they are happy to do it. Just a quick search on their system using the last 7 digit of VIN.

As of today, the rep confirmed my car is done production, but not yet shipped. At least now I can picture my car being a finished car!!

Knowing that my car isn't shipped yet, I am still curious about the WW site search. So I went there and punched in the VIN in the Cargo ID field. I used the first 14-digit plus %. Currently that search actually comes back with one result: another BMW M3 coupe (I used a VIN decoder on it) with only the last 2-digit in VIN different than mine!!!

That car is now at port waiting for the ship to arrive to load; that ship is scheduled to leave port on 29th. I am hoping that my car gets shipped and will make it on this same ship and start its journey at sea this Friday!

So my next step from this point is to call BMW Canada every day to see if it's shipped from factory. Also to do the search on WW site to find out if my car makes it to the ship and can get the shipping route timeline to know when it is expected to reach Halifax, Canada.

Yes, I have got obsessed with tracking my car...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
I am making progress tracking my car. I decided to jack this thread and use it to document how I track my Canada order since most of the other tracking threads are US focused.

For Canada order, there is no BMW Owner Circle site to use. Have to call BMW Canada 1-800# to get a service rep.

Tell him/her you want to get status on your order, they are happy to do it. Just a quick search on their system using the last 7 digit of VIN.

As of today, the rep confirmed my car is done production, but not yet shipped. At least now I can picture my car being a finished car!!

Knowing that my car isn't shipped yet, I am still curious about the WW site search. So I went there and punched in the VIN in the Cargo ID field. I used the first 14-digit plus %. Currently that search actually comes back with one result: another BMW M3 coupe (I used a VIN decoder on it) with only the last 2-digit in VIN different than mine!!!

That car is now at port waiting for the ship to arrive to load; that ship is scheduled to leave port on 29th. I am hoping that my car gets shipped and will make it on this same ship and start its journey at sea this Friday!

So my next step from this point is to call BMW Canada every day to see if it's shipped from factory. Also to do the search on WW site to find out if my car makes it to the ship and can get the shipping route timeline to know when it is expected to reach Halifax, Canada.

Yes, I have got obsessed with tracking my car...
Hey, thanks for documenting your experiences. I had heard it was not possible to track Canadian orders so thought I wouldn't bother trying and then get frustrated. But your post has given me hope.

I think I will start harassing that 1-800 number at least once a week soon. My car's scheduled production week is still a bit far off (week 30, thus end of July) for daily harassment, but I'm sure I'll get to that point as well.

Did you need the VIN when you first called? I have the production number, but I didn't ask (nor get) a VIN yet.
      06-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Hey, thanks for documenting your experiences. I had heard it was not possible to track Canadian orders so thought I wouldn't bother trying and then get frustrated. But your post has given me hope.

I think I will start harassing that 1-800 number at least once a week soon. My car's scheduled production week is still a bit far off (week 30, thus end of July) for daily harassment, but I'm sure I'll get to that point as well.

Did you need the VIN when you first called? I have the production number, but I didn't ask (nor get) a VIN yet.
Production # is good for the 1-800 #; in fact, they ask if I have the production # every time and I just tell them I have the VIN. They then ask for the last 7 digit of the VIN - I suspect that is identical to the production #

I actually never got my production number... I was patient enough (in reality just been way too busy) and didn't try to track until couple weeks ago. I ended up getting the VIN from my sale rep after finding out on forums that I can call BMW Canada up for status.

So today I called again and the service rep told me the car finished production (which I knew 2 days ago) and is on its way to the shipping port; that's good news because 2 days ago it was done production but not yet shipped

He said that's the furthest his office can track. So I suppose from this point on, it is the WW shipping site I will focus doing the search daily... I should (unless some are right that my car doesn't get shipped via WW) soon see my car (VIN) in search result with exactly which ship it is on and its voyage schedule. From that I should at least know when it will arrive in Halifax... then I will have to give up tracking because I haven't found out from anywhere to track the rail portion... hmm... a coworker of mine has a friend working at a logistics place that may be able to...

So I notice in your siggy... yours is a MY13? Mine is MY12... any actual difference between 12 and 13???
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Production # is good for the 1-800 #; in fact, they ask if I have the production # every time and I just tell them I have the VIN. They then ask for the last 7 digit of the VIN - I suspect that is identical to the production #

I actually never got my production number... I was patient enough (in reality just been way too busy) and didn't try to track until couple weeks ago. I ended up getting the VIN from my sale rep after finding out on forums that I can call BMW Canada up for status.

So today I called again and the service rep told me the car finished production (which I knew 2 days ago) and is on its way to the shipping port; that's good news because 2 days ago it was done production but not yet shipped

He said that's the furthest his office can track. So I suppose from this point on, it is the WW shipping site I will focus doing the search daily... I should (unless some are right that my car doesn't get shipped via WW) soon see my car (VIN) in search result with exactly which ship it is on and its voyage schedule. From that I should at least know when it will arrive in Halifax... then I will have to give up tracking because I haven't found out from anywhere to track the rail portion... hmm... a coworker of mine has a friend working at a logistics place that may be able to...

So I notice in your siggy... yours is a MY13? Mine is MY12... any actual difference between 12 and 13???
No difference at all.

Production of model year 2013 starts in July. I will get a new model year but you should get (year end clearance) rebates on your car when it arrives. I think there's at least 3.5 K to date? Maybe more when your car arrives.

There were rumors of an upgraded competition package but it never materialized.
      06-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Question

I am puzzled guys... the VIN shown here is NOT my car but it is a car very recently showed up on WW shipping site search and the VIN is quite close to my VIN (only last 2 digits different)

As you can see in the WW result page, the car got loaded on ship on 2012/06/29. The puzzling part is that when I searched for this car on bmwvin.com it shows the production date as 2012/06/06.

Does that mean it took the car 20+ days from production date to actually getting on a ship?!?? Is that normal?

My car shows production date of 2012/06/25. Is that the day it was finished being built? If it takes 20+ days to get on a ship to start coming across ocean, plus the rail to get to West coast... how can it be a July delivery as my dealer and I established when order was placed?

Which other shipping companies does anyone know BMW use, especially for orders to Western Canada?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Once your cars land in Halifax, I have an account with CN and can track them on the train for you. If you want to PM me your VIN's I will gladly track them for you...... I have done the same thing for many Canadian members on here in the past.
      07-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Once your cars land in Halifax, I have an account with CN and can track them on the train for you. If you want to PM me your VIN's I will gladly track them for you...... I have done the same thing for many Canadian members on here in the past.
Thanks! So is it always CN that takes these cars from Halifax to Western destinations? How long does it usually take from Halifax to Vancouver? Are there usually long delays from getting off the ship to getting on the rail?

Sorry for playing 20 questions
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thumbs up Car on ship!!!

Looks like my car has made it on the ship last Friday after all!! My daily search on the WW site has returned record on my car finally

The status table shows up to "RECEIVED AT TERMINAL", not exactly "LOADED ON VESSEL" like the other car's (VIN # "...015") entry is showing but I suppose that is just another system records updating lag

Finally another fairly significant progress on my car's journey to me!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Live ship tracking

Free an works great on FireFox. This is the ship my car is currently on and making its way to Halifax from Southampton
http://shipfinder.co/ship/266261000

I don't have the paid iPhone app though, don't plan to buy that as I don't think I am THAT obsessed, haha...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Free an works great on FireFox. This is the ship my car is currently on and making its way to Halifax from Southampton
http://shipfinder.co/ship/266261000

I don't have the paid iPhone app though, don't plan to buy that as I don't think I am THAT obsessed, haha...
Duh! Of course there is a free version of the app
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ship-...324177409?mt=8
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks like my car has made it on the ship last Friday after all!! My daily search on the WW site has returned record on my car finally

The status table shows up to "RECEIVED AT TERMINAL", not exactly "LOADED ON VESSEL" like the other car's (VIN # "...015") entry is showing but I suppose that is just another system records updating lag

Finally another fairly significant progress on my car's journey to me!!!
Cool to see!

Thanks for the update on the app. I'm an Android girl, but luckily my husband has an iPhone. I can get him to check for me when the time comes.
      07-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #15
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Cool to see!

Thanks for the update on the app. I'm an Android girl, but luckily my husband has an iPhone. I can get him to check for me when the time comes.
They have apps for other platforms too!
http://shipfinder.co/about/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

It's getting closer by the day, I can feel it!!!

My sale person just emailed me this morning: "your M3 is on boat right now. Its in Canada now and I think we expect delivery very soon.... Hopefully a within a week"

Well... either she actually has insider info that is more accurate than the VIN=cargoID on WW plus ship tracking site info that I meshed together, or she is just giving me a more optimistic rough guess; last I can find is that the ship carrying my car is supposed to reach Halifax next Tue July 10th... so technically not in Canada now... well, if I actually get my car delivered sooner than I expect based on my own tracking, I won't complain at all
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Talking

The ship arrived at Halifax sometime overnight, early this morning hope it doesn't take too long to track across the country and get delivered to me!!! Can hardly wait any longer!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

I don't know how to track orders in Canada. But since everyone involved is Canadian, I'm sure it will be a nicer experience than tracking them in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham
I don't know how to track orders in Canada. But since everyone involved is Canadian, I'm sure it will be a nicer experience than tracking them in the U.S.
Actually from what I've read before trying (and getting obsessed) to track my car's journey to me, it is easier to track US order. For starter there is the OC site that BMW USA provides for production stages tracking. There is a sticky thread on the whole topic on (US orders) tracking
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

OC site for US has been useless for me...

Quote:
Actually from what I've read before trying (and getting obsessed) to track my car's journey to me, it is easier to track US order. For starter there is the OC site that BMW USA provides for production stages tracking. There is a sticky thread on the whole topic on (US orders) tracking
Had my order in/approved May 24th production week of 7/9 targeted and watched the OC page for updates pretty much weekly. Fast forward to today even and the OC page still has no info on my order(it was completed and on its way to port on 07/05/12, almost two weeks early). Its still in port waiting on a ship today so... who knows. I wanted to track it for curiosity if anything else, missed out.

My dealer/rep thinks it will be in by the end of the month so I guess I'll hear from him once we get on a boat and get closer to arrival. Still need to book time at the PerfCenter for the delivery and pay for it. Couple milestones left. BMW could do a better job at all the tracking steps IMO.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Had my order in/approved May 24th production week of 7/9 targeted and watched the OC page for updates pretty much weekly. Fast forward to today even and the OC page still has no info on my order(it was completed and on its way to port on 07/05/12, almost two weeks early). Its still in port waiting on a ship today so... who knows. I wanted to track it for curiosity if anything else, missed out.

My dealer/rep thinks it will be in by the end of the month so I guess I'll hear from him once we get on a boat and get closer to arrival. Still need to book time at the PerfCenter for the delivery and pay for it. Couple milestones left. BMW could do a better job at all the tracking steps IMO.
I would so hate it if you end up getting your MY13 ahead of my getting my MY12!! LOL Mine is also ZCP 6MT btw
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
A shout out to Jamie!!

Hey people, this guy is for real super nice dude - most of you know already as I can see in other threads from years past - helping me tracking my car now literally tracking its way on CN.

As of earlier this afternoon/evening, it's already out of NS and into NB, one province closer to the West coast

Thanks Jamie for feeding my own-car-stalking addiction
Attached Images

Appreciate 0