BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

10-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Post removal question

What exactly is going on with all the post and thread deletions? Looks like one of the moderators is going crazy with all of those (and I'm not naming names, but we all know which one).

Most of these have no obvious reason, other than the fact that the moderator is being questioned on why they are making the decisions they are. One person should not be able to censor the board based on personal bias.

If they are being deleted because of a violation of the TOS/EULA/etc, that's different - but I'd like to know how the posts and threads that have been removed have done that. Maybe some explanations are in order?
      10-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
Maybe some explanations are in order?
+1

Anything the mods do, they should post in the thread what they did, and why they did it.

No one learns anything from posts/threads (or even users) just disappearing from the board. A lot of people are frustrated right now because of this behaviour by the mods.

I guess it's still down to the shit that started when someone asked to "help a fellow BMW owner out"

My take on that one was that the thread shouldn't have been deleted. If any of the implemented parties had second thoughts about their posts, they could have just edited or deleted those as they saw fit. It is not "for free" to write shit on teh webs. In the end it's a personal decision how one want to portray oneself on the board.

Banning yomama though was uncalled for imo.

Kudos to taliesen for starting such a thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

i think the mods should just stay the fuck out of OT...OT is a place for people to have fun and talk about random bullshit. Send the mods to the marketplace and have them run that, i see so many sales get ruined by stupid posts or sellers not disclosing price and then it ends up being a bidding war like Ebay.

OT is one of the reason why im still here, i browse the forum, link it to other forums and create more traffic for the E90post's owner to profit from...i know i dont make a difference, but if we all get fed up and leave one day, this place will be dead and OT will be filled with new idiots who reposts shits over and over

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

OT is the only reason I'm here. Whenever I venture to the other forum areas I get too many ideas for mods I want and it becomes too expensive of a habit haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
i think the mods should just stay the fuck out of OT...OT is a place for people to have fun and talk about random bullshit. Send the mods to the marketplace and have them run that, i see so many sales get ruined by stupid posts or sellers not disclosing price and then it ends up being a bidding war like Ebay.

OT is one of the reason why im still here, i browse the forum, link it to other forums and create more traffic for the E90post's owner to profit from...i know i dont make a difference, but if we all get fed up and leave one day, this place will be dead and OT will be filled with new idiots who reposts shits over and over
When you sign up for this forum you agree to the terms and conditions. Its that little box you checked. If you cant play by the rules you get in trouble. thats just life.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
When you sign up for this forum you agree to the terms and conditions. Its that little box you checked. If you cant play by the rules you get in trouble. thats just life.

you read all that bullshit? lol

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Youre supposed too.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules

[...]
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Even so, I don't see why the "Help a fellow BMW owner out" and the "Helped a fellow BMW owner out" threads were deleted, and Yomama69 was banned.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep

And the 'violating any laws' part should have been used against the person who started that thread, but wasn't.
      10-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

It is unfortunate, and I don't know the specifics of the violation (Assuming there is one), but I don't believe I saw anything from yomama that was horribly different than what anyone else was saying, myself included. If it was just due to language, that's one thing, but the message was the same. Perhaps some details from the mods would clear things up a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

i think two or maybe three more threads were deleted since last night.

have to agree with everyone here and OT has been censored too much lately. it seems that the regulars here (without the aid of the Mods) do a good job to police the idiots and spammers who invade it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
Quote:

wthh spool's banned now?!

did he get banned for posting that ^??
      10-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post

everyone is getting banned! WTF
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep

Quote:

He's not banned . . . you can change that line yourself in your User CP.
      10-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

No, he was banned for a derogatory insult and a threat against someone.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
He's not banned . . . you can change that line yourself in your User CP.
Can't change it to say "Banned", it shows up as *******.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread