BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
Falcon Keeper
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Atlantis Blue Metallic M4

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Due to Hit Destin...

Hey all, just wanted to see what the M scene was like in Destin. I am currently serving out my year long tour here at Kunsan AB, South Korea. I will be leaving in April and my follow on is Eglin AFB. Just wanted to see who or what was all out there in this location. I am coming from Phoenix where it was a vast abundance of M's all over the place as well as M specific shops. Thanks!

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

I was stationed out there in 98. Beautiful area, and the ladies are quite nice during spring break ;-) I don't remember seeing much high value cars, but the scenery is very nice. I would love to get stationed back out there.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
mark896
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
I was stationed out there in 98. Beautiful area, and the ladies are quite nice during spring break ;-) I don't remember seeing much high value cars, but the scenery is very nice. I would love to get stationed back out there.
Really?? I'm stationed at Fort Rucker, AL and my wife and I go down there often. Every trip we see either, a Ferrari, Bentley, 911 Turbo, etc. Last time we saw a Ford GT.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
RON1X
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S Guards Red

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
I go often for vacation (we have a condo there) and doubt you will see "a lot" of M cars or BMW enthusiasts. From what I gather, most would be people just like yourself with Military ties. Just as mark896 said, however, you will certainly see some nice exotics. Last time I was down a guy was pulling out in a yellow Ferrari Enzo. Needless to say, I pulled off the road just to hear it go by
Regardless, its a great place to have the M3. I love taking mine down there!

Yours is absolutely perfect BTW.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
Really?? I'm stationed at Fort Rucker, AL and my wife and I go down there often. Every trip we see either, a Ferrari, Bentley, 911 Turbo, etc. Last time we saw a Ford GT.
I was mostly talking about the Eglin AFB / Ft. Walton Beach / Niceville areas; however, you will find some nice exotics past Okaloosa Island. I guess if you can afford a multi million dollar house on the water you could afford a Ferrari.

I have a very good friend of mine that lives in San Destin across the street from Popano Joes... he was telling me that Britney Spears owns a place down the road on old 98.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
mark896
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
I was mostly talking about the Eglin AFB / Ft. Walton Beach / Niceville areas; however, you will find some nice exotics past Okaloosa Island. I guess if you can afford a multi million dollar house on the water you could afford a Ferrari.

I have a very good friend of mine that lives in San Destin across the street from Popano Joes... he was telling me that Britney Spears owns a place down the road on old 98.
Ah, ok. Wow, didn't know that about Britney but doesn't surprise me. That place is on fire during spring break! SanDestin is likely the cream of the crop. That highway 98 is a great place to drive the ///M though!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
jteef
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

There's not a whole lot of car enthusiasm around here, although there are plenty of cool cars around. I saw an Alpina Z8 and a Fisker Karma today at the Publix. My 1M gets almost no attention.

There's a BMW CCA club that has a meet about once / quarter.

There's a Porsche Club that meets in Destin every month with a few cool cars/owners. That yellow Enzo owner showed up to their annual car show last fall Same dude owns an 840hp Ford GT

There's a meetup at the Swamp first tuesday? of every month, although it is mostly JDM. I haven't been to this in a couple years.

Smith Motorworks in Panama City brought some pretty cool cars out last year, so that's where I'd start for modding. I don't have good experience with the local shops or the stealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
QIKBLU
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Interlagos Blue M3

Our local BMW CCA chapter, Gulf Coast Bimmers, is great, be sure to join if you are not already a member. We try to get together about every 4-6 weeks. Having a Road Rally with some other groups this weekend (Feb 9). Life on the Emerald Coast is great!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
mark896
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteef View Post
There's not a whole lot of car enthusiasm around here, although there are plenty of cool cars around. I saw an Alpina Z8 and a Fisker Karma today at the Publix. My 1M gets almost no attention.

There's a BMW CCA club that has a meet about once / quarter.

There's a Porsche Club that meets in Destin every month with a few cool cars/owners. That yellow Enzo owner showed up to their annual car show last fall Same dude owns an 840hp Ford GT

There's a meetup at the Swamp first tuesday? of every month, although it is mostly JDM. I haven't been to this in a couple years.

Smith Motorworks in Panama City brought some pretty cool cars out last year, so that's where I'd start for modding. I don't have good experience with the local shops or the stealer.
The guy who owns the Ford GT, is his name "Cash", as in, "Cash's Liquors"?

I think we might be talking about the same guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
jteef
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
The guy who owns the Ford GT, is his name "Cash", as in, "Cash's Liquors"?

I think we might be talking about the same guy.
i forgot what his name was, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cash. The one I'm talking about is grey and black. I've also seen a red and white one and a yellow / black, although i don't know how modded they were.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
mark896
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteef View Post
i forgot what his name was, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cash. The one I'm talking about is grey and black. I've also seen a red and white one and a yellow / black, although i don't know how modded they were.
Ah, ok. Yea the red and white one is Cash, from Cash's Liquors. Bad-ass car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
Falcon Keeper
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Atlantis Blue Metallic M4

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Sweet! Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIKBLU View Post
Our local BMW CCA chapter, Gulf Coast Bimmers, is great, be sure to join if you are not already a member. We try to get together about every 4-6 weeks. Having a Road Rally with some other groups this weekend (Feb 9). Life on the Emerald Coast is great!
How do I join? Just go to the BMWCCA website?

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Sweet! Thanks everyone!

How do I join? Just go to the BMWCCA website?

http://www.bmwcca.org/node/2182
Appreciate 0