BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Question Sony NEX-5N...

I am looking for a decent compact camera and during my search I came across the Sony NEX5N. The Sony got very good reviews on CNET and by users. I am aware that Nikon and Cannon are usually the go-to cameras for those looking for that DSLR camera. However, I really like that the Sony is compact, which is a big plus with 3 kids because space is at a premium.

Now for some quick background,,, I am not a hobbiest or aspiring photograher, I am just looking for a quality, "compact" camera with the ability to be able to change out the lenses when the need arises, as well as a camera that can also take quality video. I am ashamed to admit that I have been using an 8 mp point-and-shoot for the last 6 yrs. With a 3rd kid on the way I thought it would make sense to invest in a quality camera that can take some good shots of the family. Looking for a camera that will last me a while. THE END.

Does anyone have any experience with this camera or opinioins?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
Do it!

Honestly for being a family man you can't beat having the compact size and quality this camera provides.

Yes people always look at Canons and Nikons as the dominate cameras but Sony has definitely made a name for themselves in the camera market.

Also look at the new Nikon J1. (I personally prefer the 5N)
      03-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Do it!

Honestly for being a family man you can't beat having the compact size and quality this camera provides.

Yes people always look at Canons and Nikons as the dominate cameras but Sony has definitely made a name for themselves in the camera market.

Also look at the new Nikon J1. (I personally prefer the 5N)
I meant to respond sooner,,, Thanks for your feedback. I ended up purchasing the camera, it was shipped out today.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I meant to respond sooner,,, Thanks for your feedback. I ended up purchasing the camera, it was shipped out today.

Sweet!, post up some shots when you get a chance!
      04-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Okay took some shots. First series of my car which were some of the first pics I took. I was just playing around with the different ISO settings and shutter speeds - they are slightly over exposed, didn't realize the exposure setting was on +2! . Second series of pics were from a recent trip to Big Cat Rescue in Tampa. Last one is of my dog, first pic I took with the camera on auto mode. All pictures are straight from the camera.

I am still learning, hope to get better with more time and experience. Love this camera so far.
Attached Images

Last edited by cssnms; 04-07-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0