BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #1827
Bimmer777
Rep
Drives: Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
sorry for being unknowledgable about BMWs, but what is the DSC? i know it's off topic, but my dad's 6 series has it as well, and i've wondered about it.

also: there are a couple of mistakes on that dealership blog site. it says that the seller made the origional post, just as an example of one mistake

This is quite a threadjack, don't even know why you'd ask this question on this thread but whatever.

DSC - Dynamic Stability Control. Think of it as a very fancy traction control.

Now, back on topic. My vote goes to "NO RESRV"!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #1828
ucdbiendog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Well Ken, looks like this is finally ending (happily). Glad to hear you'll be gettin your new M3 shipped to you, this has to be the most famous M3 ever... Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #1829
bobr2001
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F11

NO RESERV gets my vote. congratz Ken!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #1830
Ral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '92 Lexus SC300 5-speed

Quote:
sorry to be offtopic here, but ral? is this the ral that used to be on ricecop? just wondering, haven't seen you on rideroom. did lemming scare you off? lol.
LOL yes, that's me, man. I thought your name looked familiar. Anyway, I tried to log into RideRoom yesterday and apparently I have not only forgotten my password, but the email address they have for me is no longer one I have access to. Doh. Nah, it wasn't lemming. I got tired of people like Markus being total douchebags to me.
      03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #1831
///austin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW ///M3 Coupe

Congrats on finally getting the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #1832
Ral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '92 Lexus SC300 5-speed

Quote:
question: does california require front and back plates? if it doesn't, maybe for the front plate, you can get a picture of fil, with the circle and line through him. like the no smoking symbol, but a no-fil symbol instead.
California law requires a car to have both front and rear plates, but the extent to which that is enforced depends a lot on locality. I live in San Jose, where the cops don't care. I have only the rear plate on my car, since no holes were ever drilled in the front bumper and I like the clean look. I have the 2nd plate in the car under the front floor mat.

If I ever go to San Francisco, I have to stick the 2nd plate on the dash by the curb or the cops will cite it.
      03-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #1833
kevhouston
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1972 AMC Gremlin

I have a friend who had a similar issue with another dealer. He also stuck to his guns and finally got the car. His view on it is, "Anyone can buy a car, but I got a story. It makes driving the truck even sweeter that someone finally won against a $tealer."

Good job Ken and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #1834
caholla
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 Civic Hybrid

Ok, I signed up to ask the question that hasn't been asked yet....who names their kid 'Fil'?

Is it short for something?

Filbert?

BTW...congrats Ken! Thanks for standing up for the little people
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #1835
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

So Ken has finally won? I missed that post...

Just seen it! Well done. And make sure to check for signs of sabotage when you collect it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #1836
corsa
Rep
Drives: 528e, Boxster, 944S, Corvair

Another vote for "NO RESRV" -- that's the best so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #1837
nist7
Rep
Drives: Pmagnet

damn! still no update from ken yet.......
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #1838
nist7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmedias14 View Post
So Ken has finally won? I missed that post....
Not quite, the car is now on its way to a BMW dealer near Ken for inspection and cleanup and the usual delivery service that goes with a brand new car. Well, at least that's the theory at least. Ken hasn't updated today so far.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Ok, here is whats going on. The details for paying for the car are complete, and it should be ready to be shipped tomorrow. Despite the dealer insinuation about finances (I blame my barrio, the mean streets of RPV), yes I qualified! I've asked Lincoln BMW to ship it to South Bay BMW and Philippe Kahn, South Bay's Internet manager, will go through the car with me when it arrives, and show me how everything works. South Bay's service dept will also check it out real closely. South Bay is my closest BMW dealer, and Philippe has been following this saga closely and volunteered to help. Phillipe and I talked today, props to him for helping set this up.

That said, I do have a pretty hefty legal bill to deal with. Scott's such a good guy, he has promised to reduce the fees but having worked so hard, he is the last person that I want to stiff. I don't care if I end up paying close to MSRP, but you got to take care of those who help you out. In this case, I wouldnt have gotten over the final hump without Scott. So, here is what Im thinking. I mentioned this before, but Lincoln BMW has promised to send the car to me with two license plate frames with the Husker cardboard inserts. I plan on using one of them. But I wanted to auction off the other license plate frame, with the Husker cardboard insert. Winner of the auction gets to
DESIGN MY CUSTOM CA LICENSE PLATE. And I will drive it around proudly, with an M3POST sticker.

PWNDFIL
FILSHIL
DOOMAM3

What do you think? Half the proceeds goto legal, half to charity. More details on the plate will be posted as the time comes.
But Wait! There is more. Despite all thats happened with Husker, they were kind enough to place me on the dealer mailing list. Buy a car, and receive a coupon for 2 free tickets to Nebraska's Spring Football Game!! Husker was kind enough to send this yesterday. Assuming the dealership will honor their coupon commitment, I fully expect to see 2 tickets in my car when its delivered. These too, will be included in the auction.

Before anyone volunteers again, I absolutely refuse to accept any donations. If you feel compelled to, please bid on the auction (but please, no fake bids and I promise not to shill bid! BTW, I have 100% positive feedback)

So was it worth it? Judging from the overwhelming response from all my friends here at M3post and beyond, hell yes.

By the way, please refer to my very first post on this board:

Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of you who helped out, including all the posters with great ideas, all the posters who provided advice and encouragement, and all of the rest of you who told me you were rooting for me. Props to Scott, who helped me out....I owe you big time. Let's keep this community alive. Don't stop now!

PS: When the car comes in I will announce it in advance and if some of you want to welcome it and take photos you'll be able to.

Thanks Again,

Ken
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #1839
wrxgoose
Rep
Drives: '07 cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer777 View Post
This is quite a threadjack, don't even know why you'd ask this question on this thread but whatever.

DSC - Dynamic Stability Control. Think of it as a very fancy traction control.

Now, back on topic. My vote goes to "NO RESRV"!

i know, and i appologize for being so offtopic, but looking through the pictures of the auction linked from the dealer's site, i saw that there was this little button, which said DSC, and i was curious. done now.

back to making fun of fil's hair (where's the smiley with his hair now?), his poor business sense, and waiting for updates on how the dealer is going to deal with this.

and yes, NO RESRV ftw
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #1840
BrynRhys
Registered
Rep
Drives: LandRover LR3 HSE

FILTERD
Shouldn't violate any deceny rules, and those who know will know what it means.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #1841
q_and_a
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

After reading this epic, I guess I really have to weigh in. Great job Dooma, I hope the car is perfect and you love it. For those who believe it was an honest mistake, even if it started that way (which I believe is B.S.) their treatment of Ken was ridiculous. Glad to see a winner that everyone can be happy for.

Even though Ken will be auctioning the naming rights, I'd like to reccomend

BUYITNOW
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #1842
nist7
Rep

how about:

FIL FTW
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #1843
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

FILABSTER FTW would of made a nifty plate but missed the tool
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #1844
lando
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
Ken,

It is always sweet when the good guys win their due. If the eBay auction
of the Husker BMW license plate frame does not retire your financial obligation
to Scott, please send me a private message and I will assist in that regard.

I was very serious about holding 1:2 back for a bit. I am pretty certain that
you will be getting a call from a Leno booking-agent. His autograph and a few
other celebrity autographs should certainly retire your obligation to Scott.

Scott,

Well done. Justice Brandeis got it right, very right.
Well said!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #1845
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Ken, too bad you're not picking up that car yourself.

It would be cool if you grab any free branded schwag the dealership offers.

I am sure Husker BMW keyrings or other stuff like that would find their friends around here now. I'd love to have a Husker ballpoint pen to sign those checks that I know are going to bounce... hehe.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #1846
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

and even better i just looked up the definition of fillibuster

A filibuster, or "talking out a bill", is a form of obstruction in a legislature or other decision-making body. An attempt is made to infinitely extend debate upon a proposal in order to delay the progress or completely prevent a vote on the proposal taking place.

The term 'filibuster' was first used in 1851. It was derived from the Spanish filibustero meaning 'pirate' or 'freebooter'. This term had in turn evolved from the French word flibustier, which itself evolved from the Dutch vrijbuiter (freebooter). This term was applied at the time to American adventurers, mostly from Southern states, who sought to overthrow the governments of Central American states, and was transferred to the users of the filibuster, seen as a tactic for pirating or hijacking debate
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #1847
DCMotorer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynRhys View Post
FILTERD
Nice!
      03-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #1848
Bimmer777
Rep
Drives: Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynRhys View Post
FILTERD

Now that's a good one! I have to change my vote to this one now!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread