BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Road Rage

TLDR; Fat bald dude tailgates, flashes, and honks at me for driving slow towards red lights and punches his own car while almost hitting the car infront of him.

So today I got off the i405 and apparently I was driving too slow after getting off the freeway and pissed off a bald fat guy in his toyota/honda suv. During the mess I read some of the words out of his mouth (cant hear him) and he punched the roof of his car a few times . After making a left, there is 2 lights before I make another left into my apartment complex. So I had to drive on the very left side because there is quite a few cars on the road. After making the first left, the light was red so obviously whats the point of driving speed limit, after all you have to brake and stop... Then we were off towards the next light and the fat guy keeps honking and flashing his lights at me. In my mind I thought wtf and ignored him. I didnt drive speed limit again since the next light was just turning red and the cars about 15 car lengths ahead of me were already getting ready to stop... so again... why go speed limit when you have to stop again? This fat bald guy tailgates me and flashes me none stop until we stop he pulls to my right (keep in mind there are cars in front of me and him). Funny thing was... his car was still moving while I first saw him yell at me and he almost hit the guy in front of him He commences punching his roof and shouting "Why you drive so slow in fast lane? Move to the slow lane!" I just rofl'ed and said "Cool story bro" and he took off fast when the light turned green again almost hitting the camary infront of him and cutting off a semi truck driver who was laughing the whole time watching. While typing this I just realized I had an AK in my trunk at the time.

TLDR; Fat bald dude tailgates, flashes, and honks at me for driving slow towards red lights and punches his own car while almost hitting the car infront of him.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

i've never understood this either. You clearly see ahead that the light is red, so I just ease off the gas and let the car coast to a stop. Nobody is going anywhere because the light is red. I have had people get mad at me and go around me.

Why brake at the last moment?
      01-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
i've never understood this either. You clearly see ahead that the light is red, so I just ease off the gas and let the car coast to a stop. Nobody is going anywhere because the light is red. I have had people get mad at me and go around me.

because racecar

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

I've seen a few aggressive drivers (never to the point of getting pissed at me though). Just pulled to the side and let them pass, no point in having to worry about getting hit or any stress. I like to be relaxed when I drive and try not to be around drivers who are abusing the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
I've seen a few aggressive drivers (never to the point of getting pissed at me though). Just pulled to the side and let them pass, no point in having to worry about getting hit or any stress. I like to be relaxed when I drive and try not to be around drivers who are abusing the road.
The guy looked like he was about to punch through my window and beat the shit out of me lol... If that were to happen I would just let him kick the shit out of me and sue the shit out of him... but since my female friend was in the car sleeping id somehow get to my trunk and get the AK... damn california law... Ever see that vid on youtube where this guy was speeding up and the guys in the car ahead (camera car) pulls out a gun and the speeding car just braked hard? btw after posting this I heard fire trucks and ambulances... Hope nothing bad happened...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

The 405 has one of the highest concentrations of awesome road rage incidents per capita.

I never got yelled at by a bald fat guy, but I am constantly being told off by Prius drivers who think I'm "racing" them or cutting them off intentionally.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post

So today I got off the i405 and apparently I was driving too slow after getting off the freeway and pissed off a bald fat guy in his toyota/honda suv. During the mess I read some of the words out of his mouth (cant hear him) and he punched the roof of his car a few times . After making a left, there is 2 lights before I make another left into my apartment complex. So I had to drive on the very left side because there is quite a few cars on the road. After making the first left, the light was red so obviously whats the point of driving speed limit, after all you have to brake and stop... Then we were off towards the next light and the fat guy keeps honking and flashing his lights at me. In my mind I thought wtf and ignored him. I didnt drive speed limit again since the next light was just turning red and the cars about 15 car lengths ahead of me were already getting ready to stop... so again... why go speed limit when you have to stop again? This fat bald guy tailgates me and flashes me none stop until we stop he pulls to my right (keep in mind there are cars in front of me and him). Funny thing was... his car was still moving while I first saw him yell at me and he almost hit the guy in front of him He commences punching his roof and shouting "Why you drive so slow in fast lane? Move to the slow lane!" I just rofl'ed and said "Cool story bro" and he took off fast when the light turned green again almost hitting the camary infront of him and cutting off a semi truck driver who was laughing the whole time watching. While typing this I just realized I had an AK in my trunk at the time.

in europe, they call this driving.

i'll play antagonist and say move to the right, like you're supposed to, if someone is on your bumper trying to pass and you're not actively turning left. left lane is for faster traffic, and by the word of the law, slower traffic is supposed to yield to faster traffic in the left lane. i know this concept is foreign to most drivers in america, but it's also a contributing cause of why the standard of driving is so poor here, although the poor quality of driver education is definitely the leading cause. you wanna coast between lights with all the other coasters, do it in the right lane. it would take 2 seconds to let him by and this becomes a non-issue. turning left 2 lights ahead is plenty of time to let anyone by.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post

i'll play antagonist and say move to the right, like you're supposed to, if someone is on your bumper trying to pass and you're not actively turning left. left lane is for faster traffic, and by the word of the law, slower traffic is supposed to yield to faster traffic in the left lane. i know this concept is foreign to most drivers in america, but it's also a contributing cause of why the standard of driving is so poor here, although the poor quality of driver education is definitely the leading cause. you wanna coast between lights with all the other coasters, do it in the right lane. it would take 2 seconds to let him by and this becomes a non-issue. turning left 2 lights ahead is plenty of time to let anyone by.
I guess I forgot to mention but there were cars towards my right so I couldnt move right regardless. The light was also red... If it had been green I would of been driving 45 but since it was red i was coasting somewhere between 35-45. In addition, there was a car 15 car lengths ahead of me and the lane right of me. There was a car right of me as stated before, yet I was faster than he was to the light because I managed to be fully stopped before the angry fat bald guy switched to the right lane to express his anger... That means he probably cut off the guy right of me or the guy right of me is driving way too slow.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:

i'll play antagonist and say move to the right, like you're supposed to, if someone is on your bumper trying to pass and you're not actively turning left. left lane is for faster traffic, and by the word of the law, slower traffic is supposed to yield to faster traffic in the left lane. i know this concept is foreign to most drivers in america, but it's also a contributing cause of why the standard of driving is so poor here, although the poor quality of driver education is definitely the leading cause.
I love the driving on most highways in EU.

Sometimes when I pull up behind a driver in the left lane (here) and they don't merge out to let me pass, I try the left blinker but that's never worked

There's just a respectful way of doing things and a way that puts other drivers at danger. It's the people that don't know the difference that cause issues. Worst thing a slow driver in the left lane will do is hold up a bit of traffic.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
I guess I forgot to mention but there were cars towards my right so I couldnt move right regardless. The light was also red... If it had been green I would of been driving 45 but since it was red i was coasting somewhere between 35-45. In addition, there was a car 15 car lengths ahead of me and the lane right of me. There was a car right of me as stated before, yet I was faster than he was to the light because I managed to be fully stopped before the angry fat bald guy switched to the right lane to express his anger... That means he probably cut off the guy right of me or the guy right of me is driving way too slow.
blah blah blah. lots of ad hominem. if i wanted to be in a lane, i could get there easily. both of you are at fault. just the way you describe things leads me to believe you were being passive aggressive to the 'fat bald guy', just as he was being actively aggressive toward you. all i'm saying is you could have 100% found a way to let him by, but i'm sure you were glancing in your rear view thinking 'look at this fucking idiot' while subconsciously antagonizing him by coasting along, which you've already acknowledged made him even angrier. and the fact that you would even bring a gun into the conversation really makes your argument take a decided dive into the immature. i carry a gun with me almost everywhere and would never think about bringing that into play in a situation similar to yours. it's not a toy and not something to even fantasize about threatening someone with, unless you plan to use it. and since you did, maybe you need to analyze your own rage a bit more carefully. people with issues like that shouldn't be carrying a high powered assault rifle in any part of their car, let alone own one period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
I love the driving on most highways in EU.

Sometimes when I pull up behind a driver in the left lane (here) and they don't merge out to let me pass, I try the left blinker but that's never worked

There's just a respectful way of doing things and a way that puts other drivers at danger. It's the people that don't know the difference that cause issues. Worst thing a slow driver in the left lane will do is hold up a bit of traffic.
our laws are very similar to europeans laws, except they're not taught or enforced with very much emphasis. we've all heard people say all you need is a pulse to get a driver's license here. it's true. there's no responsibility of diligence for 90% of the drivers i encounter on the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
I am not fat ...Nor bald ...But you need to GTFO next time
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
The 405 has one of the highest concentrations of awesome road rage incidents per capita.

I never got yelled at by a bald fat guy, but I am constantly being told off by Prius drivers who think I'm "racing" them or cutting them off intentionally.
Quote:
Ever see that vid on youtube where this guy was speeding up and the guys in the car ahead (camera car) pulls out a gun and the speeding car just braked hard?

There are alot of stupid drivers on the road.

Just this weekend I was mearging onto a freeway look to see if it's safe to merge and the nearest car to my left was a Prius. It was literally 5 cars behind me so I causally start to merge with the traffic in front of me which was going the speed limit.

Next thing I know as the merge lane is ending the prius is right at my door out of no where. Like he literally had to speed up to cut me off he didn't for some reason want to let me merge mind you there were about 3 car ahead of me. So I'm pissed I had to slam on my brakes to avoid this idiot, I avoid him and get in the left lane to pass him as I dont want to drive around someone as stupid as him.

He swerves into the left lane trying to run me off the road, at this point I'm like WTF I've been driving carefully, not speeding, not cutting people off, and some jackass in a prius is trying to run me off the road. I get to his driver side window and it's some old fucking man and he's staring me down. So at this point I'm pissed and I'm like fuck it I pull out my Glock and flashed him. Needless to say he slowed right the fuck down.

I'm a super defensive driver, I dont street race in stupid situations and I dont clog the fast lane. I'm usually only 5 over. Leason of the story here is dont fuck with people on the road you dont know what that person is capable off even if he drives a Bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
blah blah blah. lots of ad hominem. if i wanted to be in a lane, i could get there easily. both of you are at fault. just the way you describe things leads me to believe you were being passive aggressive to the 'fat bald guy', just as he was being actively aggressive toward you. all i'm saying is you could have 100% found a way to let him by, but i'm sure you were glancing in your rear view thinking 'look at this fucking idiot' while subconsciously antagonizing him by coasting along, which you've already acknowledged made him even angrier. and the fact that you would even bring a gun into the conversation really makes your argument take a decided dive into the immature. i carry a gun with me almost everywhere and would never think about bringing that into play in a situation similar to yours. it's not a toy and not something to even fantasize about threatening someone with, unless you plan to use it. and since you did, maybe you need to analyze your own rage a bit more carefully. people with issues like that shouldn't be carrying a high powered assault rifle in any part of their car, let alone own one period.

our laws are very similar to europeans laws, except they're not taught or enforced with very much emphasis. we've all heard people say all you need is a pulse to get a driver's license here. it's true. there's no responsibility of diligence for 90% of the drivers i encounter on the road.
No sense of humor in you I guess. Now I dont think speeding up to cut someone off on the right side is a good idea only to brake hard to a spot, unless people where you are from call that safe driving. Now why would I look at the rearview mirror the whole time while cars in front of me are coming to a stop? I can easily tell he was flashing me even without looking at the mirror. Most of the cars around me are slowing faster than I did yet you call this passive aggressive driving? The first to second light is most likely a lot less than 1000ft short and you suggest speeding up when the light turns green at the first light, cut someone off to the right lane, then braking hard to a stop. Now why I add more information after my original post? Because people like you don't understand simple fact and have the urge to argue about something which you clearly don't understand unless explained clearly to you. Now if you read the above, obviously I wouldnt of used a firearm in this event, (note that I would rather have my ass kicked) than to resolve this issue with violence itself. Its a simple tension relief for the post yet you dont understand it. If this happened on the freeway now I admit it is my problem since I would be driving slow on the fast lane but this is local road with lots of cars around and I have to make a left into my apartment complex. Would cutting someone off by speeding up fast to the very right lane then cut all the way back to make it into the left turn only lane at the next light sound safe to you? There is no way this guy would of followed me down the freeway and be angry at me for being slow, I drive 70-80mph usually depending on traffic.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #14
spanner1751
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post

+1 Sometimes it works out so you don't even have to step on your brakes before you can accelerate again. The guy was an idiot. Forget about it.
      01-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

01-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
TL;DR
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #17
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
There are alot of stupid drivers on the road.

Just this weekend I was mearging onto a freeway look to see if it's safe to merge and the nearest car to my left was a Prius. It was literally 5 cars behind me so I causally start to merge with the traffic in front of me which was going the speed limit.

Next thing I know as the merge lane is ending the prius is right at my door out of no where. Like he literally had to speed up to cut me off he didn't for some reason want to let me merge mind you there were about 3 car ahead of me. So I'm pissed I had to slam on my brakes to avoid this idiot, I avoid him and get in the left lane to pass him as I dont want to drive around someone as stupid as him.

He swerves into the left lane trying to run me off the road, at this point I'm like WTF I've been driving carefully, not speeding, not cutting people off, and some jackass in a prius is trying to run me off the road. I get to his driver side window and it's some old fucking man and he's staring me down. So at this point I'm pissed and I'm like fuck it I pull out my Glock and flashed him. Needless to say he slowed right the fuck down.

I'm a super defensive driver, I dont street race in stupid situations and I dont clog the fast lane. I'm usually only 5 over. Leason of the story here is dont fuck with people on the road you dont know what that person is capable off even if he drives a Bimmer.

wtf??
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #18
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: BUS PASS

If I feel like driving slow on the left lane on the street then I'm driving slow on the left lane. Idgaf go around me. Freeway that's a different story.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

tl;dr

Asian driver claims he did nothing wrong, did everything wrong.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #20
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
tl;dr

Asian driver claims he did nothing wrong, did everything wrong.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
ok...I'm in, a bit bored this morning.

WTF are you doing with an AK in your trunk!! Did you have rounds in the mag? I'm an NRA member, have a CCW license, and owner of several weapons, but that my friend is wrong.

-OR-

Am I not understanding your comment?

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
wtf??
+1

Are you fucking kidding me?

This guy is the reason why they want to take guns away from regular people....