BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
am I the only person who doesn't torrent/download music illegally from the internet?
Nope I get most of my stuff from Beatport, Totally legit site.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #24
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
am I the only person who doesn't torrent/download music illegally from the internet?
I download illegally because the artists don't make shit off of CDs, and Itunes pays them shit too. Last I read most artists make $0.80 per album, all the rest to the producer, so all that money you spend you THINK is supporting the artist is just going into the producers mansions and cars. If you want to support the bands go to concerts and buy shirts etc...
      12-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

I live in Canada and technically downloading music is not illegal here =P as long as I dont use it for anything other than personal use.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #26
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
piratebay.org

just as good as demonoid, demonoid isnt what its cracked up to be...havent seen any problems with quality in music, movies is a little different, have to know how to pick the right ones
Nah i used to use demonoid a lot... it sucks now. Piratebay is OK but a really nice torrent site my brother showed me is xtremespeeds.net
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #27
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
I download illegally because the artists don't make shit off of CDs, and Itunes pays them shit too. Last I read most artists make $0.80 per album, all the rest to the producer, so all that money you spend you THINK is supporting the artist is just going into the producers mansions and cars. If you want to support the bands go to concerts and buy shirts etc...
I'm sure the artists would rather get nothing, and not get a sale registered, you are doing the Lords work by stealing the property of others, you are a hero.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #28
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
I'm sure the artists would rather get nothing, and not get a sale registered, you are doing the Lords work by stealing the property of others, you are a hero.
Honestly... stfu, I buy a lot of my music, but I've got about 30,000 songs. @ 1$ a song thats a damn lot of money bud. Even more ridiculous to think about since i started getting music lets say when i was 13 or so? how in the world would you expect a 13 year old to pay that kind of money?

You're right though, fuck the kid why does he need music?
I buy whenever I can... or if it is an outstanding song that really deserves it.

Collins is right... you really want to support the artist? Go to their shows, thats the money maker.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Honestly... stfu, I buy a lot of my music, but I've got about 30,000 songs. @ 1$ a song thats a damn lot of money bud. Even more ridiculous to think about since i started getting music lets say when i was 13 or so? how in the world would you expect a 13 year old to pay that kind of money?

You're right though, fuck the kid why does he need music?
I buy whenever I can... or if it is an outstanding song that really deserves it.

Collins is right... you really want to support the artist? Go to their shows, thats the money maker.
No, you're right. How do you expect me to afford a Bugatti Veyron, but I want one....I should be able to go take one. Stealing isn't wrong
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #30
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
do you not know how to torrent?
Not since I got a letter from my cable company threatening to file a lawsuit
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #31
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
google

Just type in song name and then mediafire after it.
are u sure this works? i did it and got to their site but it just stuck on "your download is starting" with the icon there

**wait nevermind...OMG, it really works...im gonna be up all night downloading all the stuff i was about to buy off itunes before they shut this site down...THANKS!

Last edited by ES_TRADER; 12-16-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #32
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Music today is shit, mainstream music is JUST a money maker, same songs with a different beat. Majority of songs on the radio are terrible and with no heart in the music, if you want to support the producers bank account go ahead be my guest.

The bands I listen to do it because they love it, and don't have the following other BS artists on the radio do. So I contribute to the BAND by seeing them live and buying a shirt or something, because that goes towards the bands equipment and traveling expenses, as well as their families.
      12-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #33
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Good producers deserve their cut. Poorly produced media, be it music, tv, radio, whatever, is a really hard listen (really hard lol no homo). Production is a very critical element
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #34
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Music today is shit, mainstream music is JUST a money maker, same songs with a different beat. Majority of songs on the radio are terrible and with no heart in the music, if you want to support the producers bank account go ahead be my guest.

The bands I listen to do it because they love it, and don't have the following other BS artists on the radio do. So I contribute to the BAND by seeing them live and buying a shirt or something, because that goes towards the bands equipment and traveling expenses, as well as their families.
You are either a retard or a liar.

They may love it, but they are also trying to make a living. I am sure if you asked them they would prefer that you purchased their product rather than stealing it. Weather you bought a t-shirt from their last tour or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Good producers deserve their cut. Poorly produced media, be it music, tv, radio, whatever, is a really hard listen (really hard lol no homo). Production is a very critical element
Indeed, these days, with pop crap especially, it is the production that sells.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #36
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are either a retard or a liar.

They may love it, but they are also trying to make a living. I am sure if you asked them they would prefer that you purchased their product rather than stealing it. Weather you bought a t-shirt from their last tour or not.
The bands I listen to barely sell CDs because they are barely known. Bands that not a lot of people listen to due to the type of music, bands that release EP's free just to get known, I dont listen to the BS radio music. There is a reason why the biggest rapper in the business started producing, for the money.
      12-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #37
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

I downloaded before but now u buy from iTunes.

Quote:
Maybe you are right but that still doesn't give anyone the right to download music illegally.

But who gives a crap... We're all going to hell anyway so fuck it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #38
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The bands I listen to barely sell CDs because they are barely known. Bands that not a lot of people listen to due to the type of music, bands that release EP's free just to get known, I dont listen to the BS radio music. There is a reason why the biggest rapper in the business started producing, for the money.
you should start posting in the apple thread
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #39
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want View Post
We're all going to hell anyway so fuck it.
QFT
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #40
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want View Post
I downloaded before but now u buy from iTunes.

Maybe you are right but that still doesn't give anyone the right to download music illegally.

But who gives a crap... We're all going to hell anyway so fuck it.
Limewire, Frostwire is all the same as what I do, just torrenting for retards. Itunes due to it being so big talks the bands down to almost nothing to feature them, it is ALL money for Apple, not the bands
      12-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #41
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

For bands and stuff I really like, I buy the physical CD's. If not I search for the song name or album + "mediafire 320kbps"

Oh btw I need a demonoid invite - I had the password saved for the past year or so, got a new computer, and now can't log in -___-
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #42
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Fucking this
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #43
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

Quote:

Lol so true. I don't listen to radio these days either. Nowadays music is tailored for high school kids, their puppy love crushes and raging hormones.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #44
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
For bands and stuff I really like, I buy the physical CD's. If not I search for the song name or album + "mediafire 320kbps"

Oh btw I need a demonoid invite - I had the password saved for the past year or so, got a new computer, and now can't log in -___-
pm sent
Appreciate 0