BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #45
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
I think that would only make it worse for me (anger) if he was working. It's more than evident that they don't want to make it right - They could have called not necessarily with an answer, just saying that they are working at it, getting approval, etc and that he would be off today.. something more in a professional level that I would expect from a BMW dealership.

I'm confident upper management will make it right and have a meaningful talk with the sales rep and his manager.

Thanks for your input guys!
they don't have to make it right. If they do it's a courtesy. Remember they don't have to disclose it to you as a buyer as it's under a certain dollar amount. Get the car detailed (remove overspray) and be done w/ it. You didn't notice it when you bought the car right? Can't be that bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep
Drives: EBII F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
they don't have to make it right. If they do it's a courtesy. Remember they don't have to disclose it to you as a buyer as it's under a certain dollar amount. Get the car detailed (remove overspray) and be done w/ it. You didn't notice it when you bought the car right? Can't be that bad.
I'm sorry but no... I bought a NEW car, not some used car with a sanded finish rear bumper..
      01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #47
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry but no... I bought a NEW car, not some used car with a sanded finish rear bumper..
It's still a new car, no?

Yes, but that's the law. Car companies vehicles get damaged in transit all hte time. Hence the reason for repair shops near ports. If the damages are under a certain threshold then they tech. don't have to disclose it. Yes it sucks, but it's true. This is also where "Caveat Emptor" applies. You took the car and didn't notice it either.

Not being a dick, but this is teh reality. If they make good on it, it's their perogative and a courtesy to keep a customer. Otherwise don't sweat the small stuff; you still drive a BMW, right?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #48
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's still a new car, no?

Yes, but that's the law. Car companies vehicles get damaged in transit all hte time. Hence the reason for repair shops near ports. If the damages are under a certain threshold then they tech. don't have to disclose it. Yes it sucks, but it's true. This is also where "Caveat Emptor" applies. You took the car and didn't notice it either.

Not being a dick, but this is teh reality. If they make good on it, it's their perogative and a courtesy to keep a customer. Otherwise don't sweat the small stuff; you still drive a BMW, right?
I don't have an issue with the damages at port, shipping etc.. I have an issue with a damage that was incurred at the dealership and was not disclosed and was not done properly. Ok, by law they don't have to disclose it - I get that. But at least do a correct job and not leave the bumper feeling like sand paper with 2 tones of paint. I also understand Caveat Emptor, but like I mentioned earlier - It is supposed to be a new car with no issues.. Lessoned learned and I will touch ALL panels for my next purchase, take a paint meter and perform a PPI by a third party - similar to buying a USED car...
      01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't have an issue with the damages at port, shipping etc.. I have an issue with a damage that was incurred at the dealership and was not disclosed and was not done properly. Ok, by law they don't have to disclose it - I get that. But at least do a correct job and not leave the bumper feeling like sand paper with 2 tones of paint. I also understand Caveat Emptor, but like I mentioned earlier - It is supposed to be a new car with no issues.. Lessoned learned and I will touch ALL panels for my next purchase, take a paint meter and perform a PPI by a third party - similar to buying a USED car...

Situation sucks, but I wish you the best... Good luck getting it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Situation sucks, but I wish you the best... Good luck getting it sorted.
Thanks.. I'll try to upload a video, probably that would be better than the pictures so you can hear how rough and different the finish is where there is clear coat and where the sandpaper starts.
      01-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #51
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 M3, '06 M3, '02 M3

Quote:
Completely agree with you. A new car should not have a rough poorly sanded bumper. Unacceptable. Cars are expensive, I don't agree with some of the statements here that say "it's just a car, don't worry about it."

"Sorry, sir. We sometimes use some of our products at home before selling them as new. Hope you're OK with that."

Last edited by Goat Rodeo; 01-22-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #52
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Rodeo View Post
Completely agree with you. A new car should not have a rough poorly sanded bumper. Unacceptable. Cars are expensive, I don't agree with some of the statements here that say "it's just a car, don't worry about it."

"Sorry, sir. We sometimes use some of our products at home before selling them as new. Hope you're OK with that."
Thank you!!!
      01-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #53
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:

Agreed! Yes, some damage and resulting repair is always possible but the car should be repaired to like new/factory standards, especially when the car is being sold by a dealer as a new vehicle... Clearly the OP has been sold a car where this was not the case. The dealer should make it right by properly repairing/respraying the affected areas.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #54
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

The finish on my car was not completely smooth until I clay bared and detailed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #55
andeee05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
I wouldn't pay a new car price for a car that had been in an accident.

I would not accept the car nor continue the sale.

If I order a new car I want a new car. Especially since I keep my new cars in new condition; this would be completely unacceptable.

Resale is also impacted by any bodywork/paintwork and more and more buyers are showing up with paint meters.

yup, i agree. why pay a new car price
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #56
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJ View Post
The finish on my car was not completely smooth until I clay bared and detailed it.
Agreed.. The issue here is that there is no clearcoat on the sides of the bumper - It looks and feels like frozen white
      01-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #57
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Tora - don't listen to anyone saying "just accept it, it's ok..." etc. It's easy to stand there and say that when it's not their car. It would be one thing if they didn't disclose work done at the port and it was "good"repair work / like factory. Fine. But given your situation post port delivery and the poor job clearly done, it's simply unacceptable.

The only problem I think you might have legally is when you signed paperwork saying you accept the car "as-is" upon delivery (that includes the repair work).

If you haven't filled in the post purchase survey, the GM will likely work to make sure you fill that in positively. If he doesn't, call BMW NA right away to get it sorted.

The GM gets one chance to make this right by you, it's already nuts the manager and rep stood you up.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #58
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

BMW NA must be notified of this!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #59
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 M3, '06 M3, '02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
BMW NA must be notified of this!
From experience, BMWNA doesn't give a crap about a disgruntled customer. You'll end up on the phone with a guy with a radio voice who will pretend he's listening for a while and then tell you no matter what you told him that BMW can't help you. Free therapy if you hang up early.

Best way to get a response from a dealer that is ignoring you is a cheap lawyer.

Just in case anyone thinks the OP is overreacting:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777392
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #60
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Sorry to hear this. Maybe bring it to a certified body shop and have them checked to see if any actual body damage was there. It's hard to believe what a SA says after all they can't be more professional than bodyshop guys.

As for canceling the sale, I believe it can happen but like others have mentioned, it will be a long and stressful process. If you like the car and think that you have got a good deal, try to get them to fix it the right way and enjoy driving.

I am glad that when I bought my car my SA actually pointed out some scratches and minor damages. I was offered a great deal to buy the car as-is but the salesman later gave me a $200 gift card to shop at their store. Better than nothing I guess.
      01-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #61
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Sorry to hear this. Maybe bring it to a certified body shop and have them checked to see if any actual body damage was there. It's hard to believe what a SA says after all they can't be more professional than bodyshop guys.

As for canceling the sale, I believe it can happen but like others have mentioned, it will be a long and stressful process. If you like the car and think that you have got a good deal, try to get them to fix it the right way and enjoy driving.

I am glad that when I bought my car my SA actually pointed out some scratches and minor damages. I was offered a great deal to buy the car as-is but the salesman later gave me a $200 gift card to shop at their store. Better than nothing I guess.
Thanks for the input! Yes, that is precisely the type of behavior one would expect from a luxury dealership.
      01-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #62
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Here is a quick video of how the bumper sounds (feels) as edited on post #1:
      01-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #63
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
OP, did you lease or purchase?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #64
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

OP, have you determined how much it will cost to make it right?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #65
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
OP, did you lease or purchase?
Purchased.
      01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #66
Tora
EBII F30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
OP, have you determined how much it will cost to make it right?
No, I havent gotten a quote. I did see the bumpers on Tischer for 510 I believe... I have no idea how much a paint and detail and labor would be