BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Bavarian Technic Question

Just a question for any users of BavarianTechnic diagnostic software/cable - when I plug mine in it connects OK but the units for many parameters seem to be incorrect.

For example, monitoring air temperature I'm getting a reading of 2850 (supposedly degrees celcius). Some units the scaling is easy to determine - e.g. Throttle Angle goes from 0 to 1000 so divide by 10.

Anybody had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
Just a question for any users of BavarianTechnic diagnostic software/cable - when I plug mine in it connects OK but the units for many parameters seem to be incorrect.

For example, monitoring air temperature I'm getting a reading of 2850 (supposedly degrees celcius). Some units the scaling is easy to determine - e.g. Throttle Angle goes from 0 to 1000 so divide by 10.

Anybody had this issue?
I saw the issue months ago in "Active Values" in both the graphs and the exported data. It looks like they've fixed the active values in the graphs but the export function still needs a fix (based on PG's post).

If the problem is in the graphs try updating your software (uninstall, reinstall) to the latest build and see if that fixes it in the graphs, etc. BT updates the software builds pretty frequently so it's possible you have an older build installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep

The issue I have is with the active values displayed in real time on the graphs.

I only installed the software yesterday after installing Windows 7, I had previously installed it approximately 3 weeks ago on Vista with the same issues...

The version of software I have is 1.7.2.1, when I load the software it detects the Engine as MSS60 for M3 (after I select E90/92/93 family)...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep

Send through a log to Bavarian Tech, they advised there is a bug and will be fixed in next software release at the end of October.

BTW I noticed there is an actual value called Torque - does anybody know if this is some form of measured engine torque or is a target Torque level set in the ECU?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
Send through a log to Bavarian Tech, they advised there is a bug and will be fixed in next software release at the end of October.

BTW I noticed there is an actual value called Torque - does anybody know if this is some form of measured engine torque or is a target Torque level set in the ECU?
Not sure about that...but thanks for contacting them and getting an update on this bug.
Appreciate 0