BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-19-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
emthreeboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E46 M3

Eibach Pro kit front + H&R Race rear!

Question for you guys, so I have Eibach pro kit installed on my car right now and im superpleased with the lowering in the front, no lower! But in the back im kinda dissapointed with the drop so my question to you guys is, could I put H&R race springs in the back and keep the Eibach pro kit springs in the front? Cause the car looks higher in the rear right now and I personally hate that look. But to each his own i guess.

Would this mess up anything as far as the balance of the car goes? I mean, using a different pair of lowering-springs for the rear?

Eibach Pro kit front: -0.8''
H&R Race rear: -1.5''..............A difference with 0.7''. (not to bad of a change).

Thanks in advanced guys and gals!

-06 E46 JET BLACK/// m3 6MT!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
henryyxyu
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: YXZ

I'm pretty sure it would ruin the balance.. (pretty sure H&R engineered the rear to work with H&R fronts and vice versa with the Eibachs). Though if you don't push the car too hard, I doubt anything bad is gonna happen. It'll still work I guess. Whatever floats your boat, your car lol

IMO if you have the cash, get coilovers. Like KW V3's or something. Those for sure won't mess up the balance of the car and you can adjust the height for the front and rears until your hearts content lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
emthreeboy
Captain
Rep

Yeah thats what I was afraid of. I don't really push it hard and I doubt it will see any trackdays. So i guess it should be fine. Have you heard anything negative about going with different spring setup front and rear?

Some KWV3s would be the best, but can't afford it right now. But lets say i had KWV3s on now and I were to set the car a tad lower in the back, to get the same look as with front Eibach Pro kit and rear H&R race. Wouldn't that mean i should get the same effect as if I were running a pair of different springs in the back?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryyxyu View Post
I'm pretty sure it would ruin the balance.. (pretty sure H&R engineered the rear to work with H&R fronts and vice versa with the Eibachs). Though if you don't push the car too hard, I doubt anything bad is gonna happen. It'll still work I guess. Whatever floats your boat, your car lol

IMO if you have the cash, get coilovers. Like KW V3's or something. Those for sure won't mess up the balance of the car and you can adjust the height for the front and rears until your hearts content lol.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthreeboy View Post
Yeah thats what I was afraid of. I don't really push it hard and I doubt it will see any trackdays. So i guess it should be fine. Have you heard anything negative about going with different spring setup front and rear?

Some KWV3s would be the best, but can't afford it right now. But lets say i had KWV3s on now and I were to set the car a tad lower in the back, to get the same look as with front Eibach Pro kit and rear H&R race. Wouldn't that mean i should get the same effect as if I were running a pair of different springs in the back?

Thanks
The main difference would be the spring rate change. A height change will also make a difference but I'm sure the H&R rears are going to be stiffer. Try comparing the two rates so you can get closure on this issue.

My two cents:
Keep the Eibachs on there now and save up for coilovers later. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's only a small amount of aesthetics.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
punksterz626
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Alpine White M3

same here..dissappointed in the eibach rear...save up and get KW...it was one of my best investment when i had my 335...
      10-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
emthreeboy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
The main difference would be the spring rate change. A height change will also make a difference but I'm sure the H&R rears are going to be stiffer. Try comparing the two rates so you can get closure on this issue.

My two cents:
Keep the Eibachs on there now and save up for coilovers later. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's only a small amount of aesthetics.
Thats right, I didn't even think about the spring rate. Thanks for letting me know. This just seem like to much hazzle just for looks. But a question, driving with different spring rate can be bad for the car in some way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punksterz626 View Post
same here..dissappointed in the eibach rear...save up and get KW...it was one of my best investment when i had my 335...
Yeah I don't understand why they lower it so little in the back with their springs. Same with sportline, huge lowering in the front and less in the back.

Yes KWV3s are something id like to get my hands on someday! Do you have kwv3s on your m3 punkster?

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

um bad idea
      10-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

If you don't mind a bit more lowered in the front then you should get the RD Sport springs. They ride better than the HnR's and have a similar ride to the Eibachs. They pair awesome with the ZCP dampers.