BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

06-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3 E93 6MT

Finally, i had it. navigation issue went a long way. i video taped it couple of times. however, i wasn't able to bring the car in for service/checkup while it was doing it. last time, i said myself, i would take my car in if it happens. guess what. it did. so i drove streight to my nearest dealer and show it to one of SA. she looked at it. she confirmed that what i told other dealer is true. she grabbed one of a technitian walked by to take a look at. the technitian tapped on my screen. XD you think less than 2 years old nav has bad connection? oh man. i usually kick my 13years old TV and get batter screen. not 2 years old BMW nav. anyway, she confirmed it has problem. while she's typing, she went out to check other things. i am not sure about other cars. but mine has a small red sticker on the front windshild saying "car has equipped w/ police something something..." so bascially if someone steal this car, polica can find you. it was there when i purchased it. i didn't take it off. why right? anyway, she thought i installed non-BMW alarm. and mess up the electronic. and i knew where she was going with this. basically, i told her i didn't install anything, touched anything. that car is bascially stock. nothing added or subtracted. and that kinda shut her up. and a moment later, she said "your car is two years old and you only drove 5k miles?" i told her it's my weekend car. seems like she found some excuse to tell me why the nav is shuttig down. she told me if i don't drive my car everyday, the car drain battery like crazy and will harm electrical system. excuse me? i never ever heard this line of story before. tell me if you guys heard anything like this. very weird SA. anyway, she can't say no since she confirmed that the nav is doing whatever i mentioned and she took the car in. at the end of May, she filed PUMA case and replace the entire nav system. i am kinda wondering what SA get educated on. our CARs? or sales technique. anyway, it wasn't fun experience. but i got what i deserve at the first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3 E93 6MT

I guess this thread is dead. no one is replying or saying anything about the nav issue. but for recording purpose, i am going to write what happen today. I am the only one having this issue? last post, the dealer fixed it. invoice says "replacing car communications computer" and "programming /encoding control units w / cas" so i assume they change the nav computer. guess what. today after work, it was very nice sunny day (OC CA) and decided to put my top down. and there it is. blank screen again. every 30 seconds. same as last time. recorded using my droid phone also. not sure what cause this . do you guys hear or know anything about this? i went to the dealer and they told me the person who helped me last time left for the day. and i have come back on next tuesday just to speak with her and confirm what's happening. oh. at the bottom of the invoice, it says

"team leader verified CID screen blank, performed short test, no falult code available, ran the test plan for most system analysis, CCc Control module test, and most control unit supply. all checked Okay. filled PUMA case 31710912, per PUMA AUTH, replaced the CCC complete. and performed complete cehicle programming and encoding with ISTA/P, imported the activate code for BO. Audio and Display works normal at this time."

i can only guess that the dealer checked faulty code but nothing showed. my case, i turned the car off and on. it stil blinks. not sure why. it comes and goes. it only does it when my top is down. anyone guess? i think someone suggested to disconnect the car battery and reconnect it. do i really need to do that? i only have 5k miles and only a year old car.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #25
john335coupe
08 e92 M3 DCT, Pulley, AFE stage 2 intake, Dinan
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S, e92 M3 DCT

I just had the same thing happen to me for the first time yesterday. All audio,idrive and nav froze.. No steering wheel buttons function. Idrive knob did noting. Everything else works fine. The radio was stuck on the station and volume it was on before problem occurred. I taped the incident on my iphone. I called the dealer while in the car, which was funny with loud rap music in the background that I would not turn off or down, and he told me to shut it down for over an hour and if it reoccurs then we can set an appt. That seems to have stopped the problem. I guess we'll see what happs.

2008 e92 M3

John
Appreciate 0