BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

12-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #1
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

So I signed up for Dustball Rally 2000 next year and still need a co-driver.

http://dustballrally.com/index.php?o...000&Itemid=269

Basically, it's one of the old school "rally" where people drive good roads and have some fun. One of the main things they do is their Gimmick Rally where we have to decode and find our way around clues and find objectives on the route they planned for us.

I will be participating in my 2011 135i DCT and the rally is between July 31st starting in Las Vegas and ending on August 7th in Vancouver BC. (I'll be driving back to Seattle afterwards so you're welcome to fly out of Seattle if you want)

I will ALSO be driving from Seattle from July 23rd to Las Vegas on the 29th if you want to go with me for that trip. Posting the planned trip route (for suggestions of other roads) in another post soon.

Still a couple spots left, but I figured some people might be receptive to pay for a seat and drive time instead of having to bring their own car/finding their own co driver. And no, I don't mind whatever you guys thrashing my car around (since I already do so on track and autocross days lol and I also got a aftermarket warranty for any and all repairs that comes my way)

And they also try to allow one of each car type so another 1 series is most likely not going to be approved. (maybe a 1M lol)

Their trailer.

Videos from this year's Dustball rally 2000.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Well, I got in so I'm basically looking for a co-driver with autocross/track experience (with proof like either track schedules/receipts for those things) so basically to make sure that you won't wreck my car if we're driving fast/doing shit in the rally. (None of my friends want to go since they either doesn't got the time or doesn't like driving enough to spend the money)

Cost is $1450 (to cover for half of the entry fee) + whatever else you will spend on the trip.

The $1450 will include ALL 7 nights of hotel stay at the 4-5 star hotels (two queen/double beds so we get our own bed) for the entire week. I WILL PAY FOR ALL THE GAS. and you will drive for at least one and half days of the 4 and half days of driving and events. So you can drive as hard as you want (as long as you don't crash and we can make it to the next gas station lol) and also professional camera crew and volunteers and etc.

Hopefully by the time of the rally, my 135i will have a high flow catted DP and the inter-cooler in it so it'll have about 370-380 at the wheels.

If you're interested, send me a message or comment. I'll probably be posting this in all the other addicts forums and the for sale sub-forum (with bumps) of this subreddit to see if there's any interest.

Last edited by killerhurtalot; 12-21-2015 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
sounds cool