BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #67
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Anyone else see some similarities?

Last edited by M3-S65; 04-27-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #68
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post

No.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #69
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Oh yeah, I get it now. Black wheels, right?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #70
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:

They are both 2 door w/ black wheels? That's about all I see.

I think the next Boss Mustang may end up being the M3/M4 daddy on the track.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #71
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:

I see virtually no similarilites. The new Mustang does, to me, however, look like the offspring of a sexual encounter between the outgoing Mustang and an Aston Martin Vantage. This is good.
      04-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #72
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I see virtually no similarilites. The new Mustang does, to me, however, look like the offspring of a sexual encounter between the outgoing Mustang and an Aston Martin Vantage. This is good.
It looks a lot like the ford fusion, which in itself is a rip off of aston styling
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #73
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
It looks a lot like the ford fusion, which in itself is a rip off of aston styling
Agreed. In the Mustang, however, it is not only the front of the car, but especially the overall side window design and the rear fender arches as well.
      04-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #74
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I am not saying that it looks as good, calm down M3 fan boys..... I am saying that when you compare the old style mustang with the new, then compare the new mustang with the M3....Ford obviously borrowed/stole some of the lines of the M3 bumper ...the design of the front headlights and air inlet areas although different than the M3 are similar. More similar with the M3 than the old lines of the Mustang...

Last edited by M3-S65; 04-27-2014 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #75
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Nope. That's BMW paying off the journos under the table. The M3 is a pretty good car for what it its. but it's not even in the same galaxy as a 911 or a GT-R. It's far from a "perfect" car. Drive it hard enough on the track and you will notice the car's numerous shortcomings.

Agreed…M3 can run with a base 911 in straight line, but nowhere else and once you hit the S model and up, no contest.

Quote:
Are you saying an M3 stands a snowball's in hell against a GTR or 911 GT3 on a track assuming equal driver skill?

An M3 is a 8:05 minute car around the ring. That should tell you something about its relative pace and its position in the pecking order.
Agreed.

Quote:
I have always said that beyond a certain level of absolute performance, the enjoyment of the driving experience becomes highly subjective. One is hard pressed to find a more subjectively enjoyable street car than the M3. Notice, that I said, street car not track car. Building a car that excels on a track comes at the expense of street civility. The M3 has struck this balance absolutely perfectly IMO.

In any case, since I don't race on the Nurburgring for money, I really don't care about 'ring times. The car which gives me the best overall sensory experience is the one for me. All cars will ultimately have to compromise in some areas to excel in others.
To be honest, there isn't a better car than the 991 at this. It IS perfection in a car.

Quote:
sorry but it didn't "hold its own". it got totally crushed in the performance tests. the authors gave the M3 the win because of some subjective talk about the "overall package". But by the same token I can argue the M3 is better than a Veyron or Koeniggsegg Agera or Mclaren F1 because it's a better "overall package".
This comparo was laughable at best.

Quote:
I find the new Mustang to be an absolutely stunning design. I love it from every angle, including the rear. I am seriously going to have to consider one of the top performing models. And if the interior sucks, I will have the money left over for a complete custom interior build.

Quote:
I see the same style cues…and the new Mustang IS quite a nice looking car from all angles.
Appreciate 0