BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

06-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #23
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
killerfish bought his car with already high miles on it, think 98k? So he avoided this whole issue by getting one of the cars that came with good clearance etc.

Yet wants to tell everyone thats spinning bearings etc that they are fear mongering etc, tell that to somone that has spun bearings at 50k or switched them out at 30k and had many of them worn through to copper "as mine were"

Dont buy a car that passed the mine field and tell everyone else they got nothing to worry about and that you have no fear, especially when people in the 5k-70k mile range and blowing engines and pulling bearings that look like you took a grinder to them.

Its just not cool man.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #24
hebert51
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
killerfish bought his car with already high miles on it, think 98k? So he avoided this whole issue by getting one of the cars that came with good clearance etc.

Yet wants to tell everyone thats spinning bearings etc that they are fear mongering etc, tell that to somone that has spun bearings at 50k or switched them out at 30k and had many of them worn through to copper "as mine were"

Dont buy a car that passed the mine field and tell everyone else they got nothing to worry about and that you have no fear, especially when people in the 5k-70k mile range and blowing engines and pulling bearings that look like you took a grinder to them.

Its just not cool man.
"we dont look for problems.....we let them find us" i think was what he said.......that statement alone rendered his opinions useless
Appreciate 0