BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

07-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #23
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93M3ofSFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I have a guy in the St Petersburg area. Did mine, came out perfect. Yea I know, not exactly in the Miami area, but if you ever make the trip I can help schedule it for you. I think it took around 3 or 4 hours.
Thank you ,

my mechanic said he could easily do it , he has experience in welding ... we r also doing 90 mm tips matte black ,rear diffuser , front lip ,eibach springs , 12.5 turner spacers all around ...

Anxious now ...
Of course you are anxious, took my guy three or four days to get it scheduled. I could not wait to have it done. Have your exhaust guy hit the start button so that you can stand behind the car. You are going to want to hear it from outside the first time. I suggest you do a video of before and after sound. Months later I still sometimes listen to the before and after sound. Two different worlds. Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #24
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 , 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a guy in the St Petersburg area. Did mine, came out perfect. Yea I know, not exactly in the Miami area, but if you ever make the trip I can help schedule it for you. I think it took around 3 or 4 hours.
Thank you ,

my mechanic said he could easily do it , he has experience in welding ... we r also doing 90 mm tips matte black ,rear diffuser , front lip ,eibach springs , 12.5 turner spacers all around ...

Anxious now ...
Of course you are anxious, took my guy three or four days to get it scheduled. I could not wait to have it done. Have your exhaust guy hit the start button so that you can stand behind the car. You are going to want to hear it from outside the first time. I suggest you do a video of before and after sound. Months later I still sometimes listen to the before and after sound. Two different worlds. Enjoy it.
He took exhaust out already , he will get it done Monday, will do video once it's done , I always read that YouTube sound doesn't even compare to real thing ...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #25
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you ,

Anxious now ...
He took exhaust out already , he will get it done Monday, will do video once it's done , I always read that YouTube sound doesn't even compare to real thing ...
So did he do the OEM mod on Monday?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #26
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you ,

Anxious now ...
So did he do the OEM mod on Monday?
He is done with the exhaust but tips were too short (see pic) ,new tips need to be welded on and they are getting here on Tuesday ...
also installing diffuser and front lip so next week I will update ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #27
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

He is done with the exhaust but tips were too short (see pic) ,new tips need to be welded on and they are getting here on Tuesday ...
also installing diffuser and front lip so next week I will update ...[/QUOTE]

Waiting patiently for pics lol. Anyone know of a good mechanic in Ft Lauderdale. Looking for a PPI on another forum members M3 that I am purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #28
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
also installing diffuser and front lip so next week I will update ...
Waiting patiently for pics lol. Anyone know of a good mechanic in Ft Lauderdale. Looking for a PPI on another forum members M3 that I am purchasing.[/QUOTE]
I went out of town for a week , tips are being painted now !! Will show video when 100 % ready...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #29
olaf m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

exhaust

E93M3ofSFL where did you have this done? Price was reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #30
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

And we are all waiting patiently on the video. I am hoping everything came out just perfectly.
Appreciate 0