BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-22-2024, 12:28 PM   #23
14_deltaM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36m3 euro —>e92m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
This and the Corolla GR are my favorite cars for sale right now, cost no object

I am getting sick of fancy cars. My inner hillbilly wants to get out and walk around, but he's still practical and demands four doors and some usable cargo space
It’s a sad state of affairs for practical fun cars under 100k.

The m2 is probably the best there is on top of the GR and type R. But frankly, the GR feels like an old STI except an even less nice interior, and the Type R is just insanely priced for most buyers.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:10 PM   #24
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

For me, the low-rent interior is a feature not a bug. I have big dogs and I don't want to have to care if they're dripping snot on the leather I don't have

It's also right-sized, the interior is like exactly the same inside for me and my body type/seating position preferences, as an E90. I can reach the back seat and such - one of my big bitches with newer cars is just how huge most of them are compared to even my E90 which wasn't tiny back when it came out. Like, I am eye level with the door handles of an Accord in the E90. Yeesh. The corolla hatch is at least kinda still a compact, even if it's also 30% bigger than a corolla from 25 years ago
      02-25-2024, 09:24 AM   #25
14_deltaM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36m3 euro —>e92m3

Fair points - I’ve just accepted having the nail scratches from my vizsla on the soft m3 leather….

It’s too bad the latest golfs seem so boring to me. It’s such a great daily package, and an R has sufficient power and performance nowadays. They just don’t do it for me the same as a civic type r.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 08:20 PM   #26
BimmerMan33
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3, 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
The FL5 Type R has tickled my fancy recently, would never replace the E92 but will add one to the fleet once I can source one at MSRP.

FL5 Type R certainly seems interesting but have you actually driven one?
But also if we get a Type R while keeping the M3, they’ll both serve a similar purpose practically…, if adding a 2nd sporty car would it not make sense to get something more sporty/less practical than the M3? Like.., ND2 Miata or a Cayman of some sort?

I currently have My e92 M3 & a 981 Cayman S, both 6MT. Cayman feels special like a sports car should, if I drive it twice a week, anymore frequently & it starts feeling “normal” plus driving the M3 after the Cayman, M3 feels too soft & not sharp enough!
Just don’t feel like paying so much for the Cayman if I don’t drive it much.. therefore entertaining the thought of replacing the Cayman with a Miata or Type R..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 11:33 AM   #27
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMan33 View Post
FL5 Type R certainly seems interesting but have you actually driven one?
But also if we get a Type R while keeping the M3, they’ll both serve a similar purpose practically…, if adding a 2nd sporty car would it not make sense to get something more sporty/less practical than the M3? Like.., ND2 Miata or a Cayman of some sort?

I currently have My e92 M3 & a 981 Cayman S, both 6MT. Cayman feels special like a sports car should, if I drive it twice a week, anymore frequently & it starts feeling “normal” plus driving the M3 after the Cayman, M3 feels too soft & not sharp enough!
Just don’t feel like paying so much for the Cayman if I don’t drive it much.. therefore entertaining the thought of replacing the Cayman with a Miata or Type R..
I've driven plenty of FK8s but not an FL5 yet. I come from being a HUGE Honda fan, that's where my car enthusiasm stems from. As soon as the FL5 came out I knew I had to have one eventually, it looks great now and grown up. Never would I buy an FK8 just because I despise the way it looks. The FL5 will be replacing my 135is and being my 2nd car, I think the Type R will be more practical compared to my E92 with the hatch, 4 doors and will probably net me better than 12mpg. So far, the best deal around SoCal is 5k+ Markup. I can wait.
Appreciate 0