BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

01-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
M3OwnerHtown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coupe, Blk/Blk

Best Car Cover M3

I wanted to know any suggestions on purchasing a car cover for the E92. What do you guys recommend who have experience with car covers? Brand and weblink to purchase if you have that would be appreciated?

Whats the best car cover without paying over $150-$200 USD?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
JJM335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I use the OEM BMW cover I bought for my 335 and it fits fine.

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...&productId=132
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Innovative Detailing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 06 Denali, 53Ford F100

I have always told my clients to either get the following covers depending on the application.....Both Kimberly-Clark materials

Evolution 4 Heavier Duty use

Covercraft's Evolution 4 Car Cover is custom-made to fit your vehicle
Innovative Evolution 4 fabric can take almost anything the elements dish out—nothing short of a tornado will do it harm
The Covercraft Evolution 4's thicker material gives your covered car exceptional impact protection
Breathable, non-absorbing fabric dries quickly and easily—holds no moisture
The Evolution 4 comes equipped with grommets for a tie-down cable and your antenna
Available in 3 universal colors: Grey, Tan and Blue
Your Covercraft Evolution 4 car cover comes with a 4-year warranty
For a detailed comparison of the strengths of each available fabric, click on the Detailed Info tab
Description
The Evolution 4 is the natural selection when you want your car cover to do it all. The Kimberly-Clark fabric is cut to custom fit your vehicle.

The Evolution 4's tough exterior can withstand acid rain, industrial pollutants, tree sap, even bird droppings. The core layers block minute dust particles, yet allow air to circulate. The super-soft inner lining babies your vehicle. And, all the layers combine to provide a thick, impact-resistant shield. Plus, the entire cover is breathable for fast drying after storms.

Made in the USA and it comes with a 4-year warranty. Darwin would be proud.

Noah Lighter daily use

The Covercraft Noah Car Cover is custom-made to fit your vehicle
One-way breathable—trapped moisture leaves, while dust is kept out
The Covercraft Noah Car Cover is made in the USA of lightweight 4.45 oz./sq. yd. Kimberly-Clark fabric that offers good impact resistance
Easy to fold and store in your trunk, garage or car cover storage bag
The Noah Car Cover is equipped with grommets for a tie-down cable and the antenna
Available in heat-resistant Grey with a paint-safe inner layer
Your Covercraft Noah Car Cover is protected by a 4-year warranty
For a detailed comparison of the strengths of each available fabric, click on the Detailed Info tab
Description
Covercraft's Noah Car Cover is an excellent outdoor/indoor car cover that delivers on all your vehicle-covering requirements.

An impact-free inner layer of polyethylene/nylon blend is gentle on your ride's finish. The central layer of the fabric repels water with its vapor-porous design - microscopic pinholes are too small for water droplets and dust, but large enough for moisture vapor to escape. The exterior is polypropylene/polyethylene spunbond, durable and UV-resistant.

Made in the USA with Kimberly-Clark fabric. Your Noah Car Cover boasts a 4-year warranty.

Dave @ Innovative Detailing
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
M3OwnerHtown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coupe, Blk/Blk

Dave, Thanks for the feedback, good information !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

cover king

you have a M3 but cannot afford more then 200 for a cover? get quality is all I can say
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
kenwelch
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 M-DCT & 2017 440GC

I purchased at:

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Their service was great. I use the cover everyday at work. The fit is outstanding and easy to install/remove.
I purchased this model to keep the dust off and protect from the California sunshine.
2008 - BMW M3 Plushweave - Gray $179.99
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
I have Coverking covers, a Autobody Armor for protection and a Stormproof I keep in the trunk for light use. Both excellent covers. The AA cover has a soft fleece interior but is too heavy for quick use, the Stormproof is very light and easy to throw on.

Whatever you do go custom and not a generic fit.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Innovative Detailing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 06 Denali, 53Ford F100

Regardless of what cover you decide to go with, use your best judgement as to how dirty your car is when you cover it. Try to give it a QD before covering it to avoid scratches or harming the finish from the abrasive dust that settles on the paint. Obviously if its very dirty do not use the cover!....

Be sure to follow Mfg. recomendations and wash or launder often.

Dave @ Innovative Detailing
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

What would you recommend for an indoor only cover? I park in a garage that dates back to the early Roman times and has never been powerwashed or cleaned. An easy to drape on/off dust cover would be great when I'm traveling. I have the BMW car cover for outside use, but its too heavy/cumbersome most of the time in the garage.
Appreciate 0