BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
ChuckGm3
In full effect
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, Interlagos Blue

Who services your M3 and are you happy with them?

The very first time I took my M3 in for service, they gave me a Mazda 3 (maybe they thought that was the same thing, hah), for a loaner vehicle which kind of put me off a little, and I talked to my service advisor afterwards and he said that I should let them know I'll need a car every time I make my appointment and they'll save one for me.

Since then I've had the car in twice, once for service and once for a warranty issue and both times I received my 328i loaner, no problem.

Today I brought the car in for another warranty issue and my service advisor no longer works there. They gave me a new guy who seemed like he didn't really know anything about M3s, he looked at it as though it was his first one. Then proceeds to ask me where I bought the car. After I informed him that it was Irvine BMW and not this dealership, he tells me "Oh, we're not supposed to give out BMWs to people who didn't buy their cars here, but I'll make an exception"... turns out, they were all out of BMW loaners anyway hadn't saved one for me when I made my appointment, so I'm driving around in a Nissan Sentra.

I'm not so much of a BMW snob that I can't drive a Sentra around for a day or two, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyone else?
      05-13-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
All i know is that Crevier BMW has the worst service department policies and employees. Stay away. I've had an alright experience with New Century.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
MSoldier
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckGm3 View Post
The very first time I took my M3 in for service, they gave me a Mazda 3 (maybe they thought that was the same thing, hah), for a loaner vehicle which kind of put me off a little, and I talked to my service advisor afterwards and he said that I should let them know I'll need a car every time I make my appointment and they'll save one for me.

Since then I've had the car in twice, once for service and once for a warranty issue and both times I received my 328i loaner, no problem.

Today I brought the car in for another warranty issue and my service advisor no longer works there. They gave me a new guy who seemed like he didn't really know anything about M3s, he looked at it as though it was his first one. Then proceeds to ask me where I bought the car. After I informed him that it was Irvine BMW and not this dealership, he tells me "Oh, we're not supposed to give out BMWs to people who didn't buy their cars here, but I'll make an exception"... turns out, they were all out of BMW loaners anyway hadn't saved one for me when I made my appointment, so I'm driving around in a Nissan Sentra.

I'm not so much of a BMW snob that I can't drive a Sentra around for a day or two, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyone else?

Which dealership was this?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
rominl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

go to sterling in newport beach and ask for ernie, he's the BEST. his tech andrew is also a member here, very very good guy, met them both and i give them big thumb up. brought my m3 in for service (i didn't get my car from them) and had no problem schedule for a bmw loaner. just make sure you ask for one when making appointment with ernie. tell him henry with the AW m3 refers you and he will take care of you
      05-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Hassell BMW in freeport NY, is hands down. the worst service department in america!

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
ChuckGm3
In full effect
United_States
Rep

This was at Valencia BMW. I bought the car from Irvine BMW, I used to live down there, but now I live in Valencia so it would be a bit out of the way to service the car at Irvine or Sterling. The next closest dealership is in Sherman Oaks about 20 miles away. Which is an option but not terribly convenient either.

On another note. Does anyone have a direct line for BMW USA Customer service? I tried finding it via the website but all I could find was a form where you request that someone call you. I filled it out and received an email reply (even though I requested a phone call) asking for more specific information about my car. I just want to ask someone what their policy is regarding warranty and ultimate service and if this is acceptable from their dealers. If it is, then that's BMW's fault not the dealer's.
      05-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
MSoldier
Private
Rep

I would think it would'nt matter where you bought your car from, you're going to get it serviced and worked on by BMW. That sucks, you would think that these dealerships would be more receptive.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
ChuckGm3
In full effect
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSoldier View Post
I would think it would'nt matter where you bought your car from, you're going to get it serviced and worked on by BMW. That sucks, you would think that these dealerships would be more receptive.
That's what I would think, but I'd like to hear what BMW USA has to say about it, I just can't seem to get ahold of them.
      05-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
ChuckGm3
In full effect
United_States
Rep

Just FYI. I talked to BMW USA today and they informed me that they do not have a universal policy regarding loaner vehicles and that it is up to the dealer. She said that they were in the process of implimenting such a policy but that it would take some time. She suggested talking to the head of service at the dealership but that there was nothing they could do. I'll talk to the guy at my dealership and if I don't get a satisfactory answer I'll try Sherman Oaks
      05-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #10
MSoldier
Private
Rep

I figure if you make an appointment in advance then you could secure a loaner no matter who the dealer was. I think its just plain rude for a dealership to ask where you purchased your M from. You could probably just lie to them and say that you bought it from that dealership if thats the answer they want. I've noticed service departments don't know who you bought your car from, I just don't see a system place that they're doing it but I may be wrong.

I gotta get my M serviced so I'll let you all know it goes.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
MSoldier
Private
Rep

I went to Southbay BMW and I'm very happy with them. Didn't think twice after I read negative feedback about Santa Monica and ok feedback with Beverly Hills BMW. I paid for the oil change because I didn't want to wait till 16000 miles like a lot of members here. Its peace of mind and I'm happy I paid for it. Ask for Jose Virgen if you guys roll down there, very professional, courteous, and he has a E92 M3 himself.

If you haven't been there, they have enterprise right next to them but I stuck around and lounged waiting since it wasn't going to take too long.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
onefastdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Southbay BMW. Request Hiep Nguyen as your mechanic. Vatche is the SA that writes up the tickets for him. Hiep is well regarded by the 335 guys as a great mechanic.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

sterling is pretty decent.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #14
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

South Bay BMW.

Alex Caicerdo is the service guy you should ask for.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0