BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

06-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #67
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapistwit View Post
Mercedes says the E63 has 507 bhp and 465 lb ft of torque while the E55 is rated at 469bhp with 516 lb ft of torque.

The engine change was really a lateral move for Mercedes. They needed a less torquey motor for their 7 speed tranny.
If you check out the Merc site now they are quoting the 2010 E63 at 518bhp. Must have tweaked something for this year. It's getting like the motorbike world with changes every 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #68
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
That's right. (great tranny, btw, for this motor)

Sorehead, the E63 is NA and the E55 has a blower. The E63 will pull from the line but the E55 catches up. E63 is 507 (in the USA)
The us site is now quoting 518bhp. Even more for your money

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/futu...lsE63AMGclass/
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #69
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
So.........? You are still quoting wrong figures....... figures that MBUSA's marketing devised to lead people to think that the S55 has power than the E55..........

Have you actually driven the E55 extensively?
Eh....! No. I'm quoting the figures that Merc obviously quotes and is published by 3 different sources in different parts of the world. All say 469bhp.
In fact one even points out that it is not the same output as the SL55 which you claim it is. But you choose to believe some nonsense about them quoting it lower to pretend another model has more power??? Ah bless! It's sad really.

I was just pointing out that it is you that is extremely uninformed (to use your own words) but now we find out that it's just that you're delusional. You'd think you'd know a bit about the car you owned.

I don't need to drive a car to know that quoted figures are normally accurate (some exceptions like GT-R) but you keep telling yourself it had more power if that makes you feel better. If I want to go fast in a straight line I'll buy an old muscle car. At least they look good.

I actually heard somewhere that the M3 really has 700bhp but BMW thought they would get in trouble with their mom if they quoted it. If you don't know that you're just plain dumb.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #70
rapistwit
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT-R, Cayenne GTS, GT3 order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
If you check out the Merc site now they are quoting the 2010 E63 at 518bhp. Must have tweaked something for this year. It's getting like the motorbike world with changes every 6 months.

The 2010 model isn't out yet. It is a major overhaul.
Any E63 on the road now is rated at 507bhp.
The 518bhp on the 2010 model is a light upgrade considering Mercedes has always been about big power and BMW is about to push out 550bhp cars, Audi has a 570bhp RS, and Cadillac is at 550+ BHP now.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #71
mvagusta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 coup

I don't know what the problem is.. I raced a E55 AMG. I beat it twice.. I know a friend from a friend that has a silver e 55 amg 2006 or 07. I'll race him this weekend. I'll take his money too.. He raced the same e 55 with Dr's that i beat by two car lengths and he lost by a car to him. So if you guys want to come to Detrtiot and show me a stock e 55 amg from Cali. Come on by.. I know m3's are underestimated..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #72
itz16v
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Turbo///E63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
I don't know what the problem is.. I raced a E55 AMG. I beat it twice.. I know a friend from a friend that has a silver e 55 amg 2006 or 07. I'll race him this weekend. I'll take his money too.. He raced the same e 55 with Dr's that i beat by two car lengths and he lost by a car to him. So if you guys want to come to Detrtiot and show me a stock e 55 amg from Cali. Come on by.. I know m3's are underestimated..
You have a strong M3. Is your M3 stock or supercharged, a stock e92 m3 vs stock W211 E55 will beat the M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #73
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Eh....! No. I'm quoting the figures that Merc obviously quotes and is published by 3 different sources in different parts of the world. All say 469bhp.
In fact one even points out that it is not the same output as the SL55 which you claim it is. But you choose to believe some nonsense about them quoting it lower to pretend another model has more power??? Ah bless! It's sad really.

I was just pointing out that it is you that is extremely uninformed (to use your own words) but now we find out that it's just that you're delusional. You'd think you'd know a bit about the car you owned.

I don't need to drive a car to know that quoted figures are normally accurate (some exceptions like GT-R) but you keep telling yourself it had more power if that makes you feel better. If I want to go fast in a straight line I'll buy an old muscle car. At least they look good.

I actually heard somewhere that the M3 really has 700bhp but BMW thought they would get in trouble with their mom if they quoted it. If you don't know that you're just plain dumb.
Explain why my car and other cars have dyno'ed around 500 crank hp then......? I don't think it's luck that we all got a strong E55.......

I'm gonna peace out because ignorance is bliss for you, my friend.
      06-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #74
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Huh? What are you babbling about?
Don't type with your mouth full, it makes it hard to understand you.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #75
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
The only way this story is true is if your run took place on another planet, or in your dreams when you were sleeping. In reality on this planet Earth your scenario only exists if the E55...

1) Has bald tires and spinned all of 1st and 2nd gear.
2) Has mechanical failure example IC Pump Fail.
3) Driver was drastically in the wrong gear from the start of the run.

FAIL
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #76
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

REALITY CHECK

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...ore-after.html

If you care to still accept the truth, I suggest you do a search on that forum on the subject.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #77
cj350
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz16v View Post
You have a strong M3. Is your M3 stock or supercharged, a stock e92 m3 vs stock W211 E55 will beat the M3.
+ 1 e 55 will own an m3 any day stock for stock. Lets not even talk about the e63...... Thats a diffrent animal
      06-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #78
artur777!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

guys, its simple as our world

m3 dct will be faster from 0 to 200 km/h, after 200 km/h e55 amg will be faster.
in both cars are good drivers. we have made a lot of tests on the track.

m3 dct is faster up to 200 because of gearing, better torque distribution
e55 amg is faster after 200 because of huge torque and gearing that helps in higer speeds (5 vs 7)

DONE.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #79
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Explain why my car and other cars have dyno'ed around 500 crank hp then......? I don't think it's luck that we all got a strong E55.......

I'm gonna peace out because ignorance is bliss for you, my friend.
Explain how you got your car dyno'ed at the crank? And you say I'm ignorant

I think you'll find they can only measure at the wheels. The rest is guesswork. So by all means you tell yourself you had 500 at the crank and enjoy your ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #80
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post

REALITY CHECK

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...ore-after.html

If you care to still accept the truth, I suggest you do a search on that forum on the subject.
Search the completely impartial Merc site? Yeh. Right.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #81
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
The only way this story is true is if your run took place on another planet, or in your dreams when you were sleeping. In reality on this planet Earth your scenario only exists if the E55...

1) Has bald tires and spinned all of 1st and 2nd gear.
2) Has mechanical failure example IC Pump Fail.
3) Driver was drastically in the wrong gear from the start of the run.

FAIL
Well there's a surprise. You don't believe him? We didn't expect you to. You don't even believe Merc themselves when they say a car has a certain amount of bhp

How could he possibly be telling the truth.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #82
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur777! View Post
guys, its simple as our world

m3 dct will be faster from 0 to 200 km/h, after 200 km/h e55 amg will be faster.
in both cars are good drivers. we have made a lot of tests on the track.

m3 dct is faster up to 200 because of gearing, better torque distribution
e55 amg is faster after 200 because of huge torque and gearing that helps in higer speeds (5 vs 7)

DONE.
Not really. In a drag race the torque is not the relevant figure. It's the bhp, weight and aerodynamics.
Power to weight and slippy will win with equal drivers.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #83
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Search the completely impartial Merc site? Yeh. Right.
I'm sorry I have to do this.

Impartial? So I take it there is a VAST conspiracy going on at the W211 AMG forums that it runs so deep that people have decided falsify dyno graphs. Congratulations on destroying your own credibility on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #84
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well there's a surprise. You don't believe him? We didn't expect you to. You don't even believe Merc themselves when they say a car has a certain amount of bhp

How could he possibly be telling the truth.
AGAIN you are uninformed on the W211 AMG. Your knowledge on the car is evident of someone who did a few skims of articles on Car And Driver / Motortrend. Have you even driven a W211 E55 AMG? I have. Have you ever thoroughly searched and read multiple threads from actual enthusiast who own the car and report there feedback on performance/problems/modifications. I have. With that being said, the reasons I gave for the E55 allegedly losing are all valid and consistent.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #85
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

If the E55 was the one with the Kompressor, the only place you will win against it is in your dream.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #86
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
AGAIN you are uninformed on the W211 AMG. Your knowledge on the car is evident of someone who did a few skims of articles on Car And Driver / Motortrend. Have you even driven a W211 E55 AMG? I have. Have you ever thoroughly searched and read multiple threads from actual enthusiast who own the car and report there feedback on performance/problems/modifications. I have. With that being said, the reasons I gave for the E55 allegedly losing are all valid and consistent.
Actually I didn't do any more than do a quick search and quote bhp figures as quoted by different sources from different countries to demonstrate that the actual bhp figure as quoted by Merc themselves is the same in different areas. Dyno runs DO NOT SHOW CRANK BHP. They can't. That's a fact so quoting crank bhp from dyno runs is nonsense plain and simple. I merely quoted bhp figures from the manufacturer of the car.

My credibility on here should only be affected if I sell my car and not by me quoting facts and figures from another manufacturer. Course I could also go the route of claiming that BMW have a big conspiracy going and the car actually has 900bhp but they don't want to say that because it would steal sales from the M5/M6.

I have no more interest than that to do any research and have no desire to drive an dull looking, old mans car with a big engine and an auto box. If I wanted to go fast in a straight line I'd pay pennies for an old american car and do it. I wouldn't spend merc money. However, I like to go round corners too. If I wanted to drive an auto I'd buy an IS-F which at least looks interesting. There are many cheaper, better looking ways of going fast in a straight line then buying an AMG. Whatever floats your boat though. Buy whatever turns you on and enjoy it as I keep saying. I'll still reserve the right to have my own taste and speak my mind in a discussion. I don't care who likes my choices in cars. I like them and that's what matters. Not like a lot of people on here. Again, it is an M3 site. You will get bias towards M3's. If you wanted to find people that like mercs I would suggest a merc site.

Do you honestly believe that mvagusta is lying? Don't you think the start is going to be as important?? If he got a better start there is every chance he would beat the E55. I quoted facts from Car and Driver but obviously it's only the facts that agree with your idea that count. Nothing I can do about that.

I believe that in most cases the C63 will definitely out drag an M3 but the E55 is too close to say the same thing. I think it's going to be down to driver and launch.

We will just have to agree to disagree and then we'll all be happier

Peace?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #87
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
I have no more interest than that to do any research and have no desire to drive an dull looking, old mans car with a big engine and an auto box. If I wanted to go fast in a straight line I'd pay pennies for an old american car and do it. I wouldn't spend merc money. However, I like to go round corners too. If I wanted to drive an auto I'd buy an IS-F which at least looks interesting. There are many cheaper, better looking ways of going fast in a straight line then buying an AMG. Whatever floats your boat though. Buy whatever turns you on and enjoy it as I keep saying. I'll still reserve the right to have my own taste and speak my mind in a discussion. I don't care who likes my choices in cars. I like them and that's what matters.
If you honestly believe this last part of your statement, then what's the point of insulting owners of AMGs? It appears to be a disingenuous way to emphasize your own personal preference in automobiles.

Think about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #88
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
If you honestly believe this last part of your statement, then what's the point of insulting owners of AMGs? It appears to be a disingenuous way to emphasize your own personal preference in automobiles.

Think about it.
I wasn't. I answered the original question about the E55 merc using facts and figures supplied by Merc themselves. It's an M3 forum no Merc so I feel it's okk to give an honest opinion which I did. If I was lurking on a merc forum I might have worded it more softly but I'm not so there ya go.

I didn't insult Merc owners. I stated things and got insulted for my statements by people that seem to think Merc have some conspiracy out to hide the fact that the E55 has more bhp then they claim. I think that's utter drivel and still do so I said it. I only threw insults back. I didn't start them. In fact it all started very light heatedly until the most recent posts where I was being called ignorant and fanboy etc etc.

I stand by what I said though. Buy what you want to buy and enjoy it. Who gives a shit what someone else thinks about your car? You bought it for reasons and that's all that should matter. However, if you give your opinion you should be prepared to take someone elses opinion on board.

Claiming you know the crank bhp of a car by dynoing is still nonsense. You CANNOT measure crank bhp without putting the engine on a table and dynoing it there directly. That's a fact. Saying that Merc claimed the E55 had 469bhp to sell more of another model is, IN MY OPINION, nonsense. They want to sell one car as much as the next. They're not even the in same market sectors. If they say it has 469 then I believe them. Why wouldn't I? I said that and apparently I'm Uninformed, have destroyed my credibility on here and anyone that has claimed to have out dragged an E55 is lying.

It's still an M3 forum. It's just been hijacked by Merc drivers who only want to hear what they want to hear. Even Merc themselves are lying for God's sake.

So as long as this is an M3 forum I will continue to voice my opinions. I suggest that owners of other makes either accept that or head off back to their own forums.

If you want me to start really insulting another car just mention the CTS
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread