BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

12-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Just put down deposit on 2009 M3 Sedan from Desimone

After basically no haggling, save for getting a few hundred more off at the end, I just ordered the following M3 from Desimone BMW in the Cherry Hill NJ area.

2009 Space Gray Metallic M3 Sedan
Black Novillo Leather
Carbon Leather Trim
M-DCT Tranny
19 Inch Wheels
Tech Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Enhanced Premium Sound
Ipod
Sirius

Total price was $66,400 which was about $1000 over the wholesale invoice. The dealer pack was $500 which they would not budge on so that means the car was $500 over wholesale invoice. I could have shopped it but their first offer was over $4000 off of sticker. So, I felt they earned the business by not playing games with me. I told them I would not if they did not start off with some ridiculous offer. I did come in prepared though so they knew I knew....

If anyone wants the same deal, Christian Frank my sales guy (young guy into cars), said he will take care of anyone who says I sent them. My name is Scott.

I am excited! Can't wait till February. Hopefully they have a reduced rate. 3.9% is not bad, but .9% is even better! I'll probably put 15-20K down and keep the payments about $1000 a month. Payment is $990 with 18K down at 3.9%. .9% drops about $50 or so a month.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Congrats on your order! I've been doing business with DeSimone BMW for over 15 years...a great dealership!
      12-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
After basically no haggling, save for getting a few hundred more off at the end, I just ordered the following M3 from Desimone BMW in the Cherry Hill NJ area.

2009 Space Gray Metallic M3 Sedan
Black Novillo Leather
Carbon Leather Trim
M-DCT Tranny
19 Inch Wheels
Tech Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Enhanced Premium Sound
Ipod
Sirius

Total price was $66,400 which was about $1000 over the wholesale invoice. The dealer pack was $500 which they would not budge on so that means the car was $500 over wholesale invoice. I could have shopped it but their first offer was over $4000 off of sticker. So, I felt they earned the business by not playing games with me. I told them I would not if they did not start off with some ridiculous offer. I did come in prepared though so they knew I knew....

If anyone wants the same deal, Christian Frank my sales guy (young guy into cars), said he will take care of anyone who says I sent them. My name is Scott.

I am excited! Can't wait till February. Hopefully they have a reduced rate. 3.9% is not bad, but .9% is even better! I'll probably put 15-20K down and keep the payments about $1000 a month. Payment is $990 with 18K down at 3.9%. .9% drops about $50 or so a month.

Scott
How many months loan?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #4
dogears
Rep

60 month. Fortunately I am flexible and can finance any amount. I am torn on how much to put down. I may only put down 5-10K and pay a little more each month as I feel I can make a lot more on my $$ than the 3.9% I will pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt beard View Post
How many months loan?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
dogears
Rep

Holman now! My last M3 (1996) came from Princeton. Desimone was terrible with me and lost that sale big time. Actually blatant lies to my face on multiple occasions. Including one service dept incident that was so bad it was like a scene from a movie. Turnersville BMW got that one and I never went back to Desimone until now.

This time was smooth as sugar. Highly recommended now that the economy seems to have humbled them (or the Holman management is sharper). I could not be happier with how they handled the deal. I went in, laid the cards down, told them I would not shop the deal if they aggressively priced from the get go. They did. Easy sale. Done.

For the record, I had bought two Infinitis from Holman in the past and was treated fairly those times as well.

I am actually an easy customer as I show up and already have the cars speced to the "T" with every feature and option I want. No indicision at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
Congrats on your order! I've been doing business with DeSimone BMW for over 15 years...a great dealership!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Holman now! My last M3 (1996) came from Princeton. Desimone was terrible with me and lost that sale big time. Actually blatant lies to my face on multiple occasions. Including one service dept incident that was so bad it was like a scene from a movie. Turnersville BMW got that one and I never went back to Desimone until now.

This time was smooth as sugar. Highly recommended now that the economy seems to have humbled them (or the Holman management is sharper). I could not be happier with how they handled the deal. I went in, laid the cards down, told them I would not shop the deal if they aggressively priced from the get go. They did. Easy sale. Done.

For the record, I had bought two Infinitis from Holman in the past and was treated fairly those times as well.

I am actually an easy customer as I show up and already have the cars speced to the "T" with every feature and option I want. No indicision at all!
I am under the impression that $60000 financed at 3.9% for a period of 60 months yields a monthly payment of about $1100, does this seem to hold true given your experience as of late? I plan on making an order for build before the new year and am curious as to the down payment/monthly payment. Thanks for your insight and congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
dogears
Rep

Sounds about right. I was about $66K without tax and docs, etc... I think the total is around 71. If I finance 54K, the payment was about $990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt beard View Post
I am under the impression that $60000 financed at 3.9% for a period of 60 months yields a monthly payment of about $1100, does this seem to hold true given your experience as of late? I plan on making an order for build before the new year and am curious as to the down payment/monthly payment. Thanks for your insight and congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
NYSPEM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Sounds about right. I was about $66K without tax and docs, etc... I think the total is around 71. If I finance 54K, the payment was about $990.
I think your numbers are right. I financed $54k also with PenFed, at 4.25%. My monthly payment is $1002.

I checked that number god-knows-how-many-times on spreadsheets, so it should be accurate.

Certified V1 Zombie
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I should just delete my account.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #10
dogears
Rep

Hi Ali,

If Desimone was not minutes from my house (I live in Cherry Hill and work in Voorhees) I would have checked you out. Fact is, I just joined the forum but had already been to Desimone for test drives before even knowing you existed.

Your presence is much appreciated my friend.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@TurnersvilleBMW View Post
I should just delete my account.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #11
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Holman bought out DeSimone. I've been doing business with them for so many years I know them as DeSimone. Actually, the delaership still has the DeSimone name, but that may change soon.
      12-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

How do you go in to a dealership and let them know that you are well informed and you won't be ripped off? what do you say to them?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #13
dogears
Rep

I told them that I am completely serious about buying the car and that I have checked the comparable local sales and IMO between $500-800 over invoice was a fair price. Especially in light of the economy. I told them i would not shop the deal if they were serious about dealing with me. They said they were and I lived up to my end and did not try and get another dealer to undercut them. No dealer likes those games. I told them up front I would only deal with them if they were really interested in selling me the car. I also told them I had the wholesale BMW pricing report and was aware of MACO and training fees. I had all the info, options, and prices memorized as well (not intentional, just a byproduct of all the hours reading about the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
How do you go in to a dealership and let them know that you are well informed and you won't be ripped off? what do you say to them?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
I told them that I am completely serious about buying the car and that I have checked the comparable local sales and IMO between $500-800 over invoice was a fair price. Especially in light of the economy. I told them i would not shop the deal if they were serious about dealing with me. They said they were and I lived up to my end and did not try and get another dealer to undercut them. No dealer likes those games. I told them up front I would only deal with them if they were really interested in selling me the car. I also told them I had the wholesale BMW pricing report and was aware of MACO and training fees. I had all the info, options, and prices memorized as well (not intentional, just a byproduct of all the hours reading about the car.
If you don't mind me asking, what are the MACO fees you're referring to and how much of a fee is it? I am familiar with the training fee since I see this listed in the wholesale BMW pricing report.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
dogears
Rep

Some type of ad fees? I worked off of the wholesale invoice prices in this forum sticky. Guzzler tax and delivery charges were additional. I got about $500 over the invoice which included the training and Maco. Then the dealer added their markup pack which includes mats and wheel locks, detail prep, and possibly some type of advertising. I believe in the end I was no more than $1K over the bare bones invoice.

Btw, nice car you have. Read the article. Good luck with everything.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what are the MACO fees you're referring to and how much of a fee is it? I am familiar with the training fee since I see this listed in the wholesale BMW pricing report.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Some type of ad fees? I worked off of the wholesale invoice prices in this forum sticky. Guzzler tax and delivery charges were additional. I got about $500 over the invoice which included the training and Maco. Then the dealer added their markup pack which includes mats and wheel locks, detail prep, and possibly some type of advertising. I believe in the end I was no more than $1K over the bare bones invoice.

Btw, nice car you have. Read the article. Good luck with everything.....
Thank you so much!! I've definitely been blessed with good luck surviving my 5 open-heart surgeries and living to see the day I married the woman of my dreams and holding my infant daughter for the first time in the hospital.

I'm trying to figure out right now if I'm getting ripped off by the dealer in terms of them offering me $1500 below MSRP (total MSRP for me with my options would be $57125) and this would be for a 2009 LeMans Blue M3 sedan with heated seats and iPod adapter as my only 2 options.

I did the math using the wholesale invoice prices document and came up with:
$50,140 + $455 (heated seats) + $365 (iPod adapter) + $500 (metallic paint) which equals $51960, but then I'm not sure if I should also add the destination&handling fee, gas guzzler tax, and training service fee THEN add the $500 on top of that to make it $500 over invoice - or would that extra $500 over invoice be used towards the extra fees I mentioned?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
dogears
Rep

I wound up at about 4500 under sticker. Call Christian Frank at Desimone BMW in South Jersey. He'll shoot straight with you. Tell him I sent you. You are not that far!!

Guzzler and destination are not part of discount. You should pay about $52,500-52,700 plus the guzzler, dest, dealer pack. IMHO. If the dealer is only knocking $1500 off, then he is actually marking up about $2500.

Quote:
Thank you so much!! I've definitely been blessed with good luck surviving my 5 open-heart surgeries and living to see the day I married the woman of my dreams and holding my infant daughter for the first time in the hospital.

I'm trying to figure out right now if I'm getting ripped off by the dealer in terms of them offering me $1500 below MSRP (total MSRP for me with my options would be $57125) and this would be for a 2009 LeMans Blue M3 sedan with heated seats and iPod adapter as my only 2 options.

I did the math using the wholesale invoice prices document and came up with:
$50,140 + $455 (heated seats) + $365 (iPod adapter) + $500 (metallic paint) which equals $51960, but then I'm not sure if I should also add the destination&handling fee, gas guzzler tax, and training service fee THEN add the $500 on top of that to make it $500 over invoice - or would that extra $500 over invoice be used towards the extra fees I mentioned?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #18
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wound up at about 4500 under sticker. Call Christian Frank at Desimone BMW in South Jersey. He'll shoot straight with you. Tell him I sent you. You are not that far!!

Guzzler and destination are not part of discount. You should pay about $52,500-52,700 plus the guzzler, dest, dealer pack. IMHO. If the dealer is only knocking $1500 off, then he is actually marking up about $2500.
Thanks bro! I appreciate your time in helping me out here.

What's your name though? I'd hate to call Frank and tell him "dogears" sent me... he would probably charge me OVER MSRP for saying that, haha!!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
dogears
Rep

Scott.

He knows I posted here as well!

Glad to try and help.

Quote:
Thanks bro! I appreciate your time in helping me out here.

What's your name though? I'd hate to call Frank and tell him "dogears" sent me... he would probably charge me OVER MSRP for saying that, haha!!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #20
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Scott.

He knows I posted here as well!

Glad to try and help.
Thanks Scott! Happy New Year to you and your family... be safe!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #21
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

congrats
Appreciate 0