BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #111
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

not sure what is going on with your system. I've never seen mine do anything remotely like that...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #112
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

Just downloaded the most recent version. Seems to hook up fine with the car via USB - 2013 M3 with BMWapps. All the data are on my phone. But for some reason I can't mark a finish line by dragging the flag on my iphone - it drags, but the "button" to mark and set it can't be pressed. Does anybody have any idea how to get this to work. Kind of wanted to play around with this app this sat at the track. Thanks for any tips.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #113
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Just downloaded the most recent version. Seems to hook up fine with the car via USB - 2013 M3 with BMWapps. All the data are on my phone. But for some reason I can't mark a finish line by dragging the flag on my iphone - it drags, but the "button" to mark and set it can't be pressed. Does anybody have any idea how to get this to work. Kind of wanted to play around with this app this sat at the track. Thanks for any tips.
Okay, I'm not 100% sure of this, but you don't do it that way.

Instead, as you are driving on a track, you press down onto the iDrive button to "set" the start/stop finish line. Then each time you cross that point, the app will build a lap and begin a new one. You can't edit anything via the app later. You can just progress through the lap to see the metrics/statistics, but that's it.

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #114
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

Quote:
Saandiaago, thanks! Just moved my start/finish line on my phone by clicking on the finish line. Mine allowed me to save the position as long as it was on my route. Worked great!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #115
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y
Quote:
Okay, I'm not 100% sure of this, but you don't do it that way.

Instead, as you are driving on a track, you press down onto the iDrive button to "set" the start/stop finish line. Then each time you cross that point, the app will build a lap and begin a new one. You can't edit anything via the app later. You can just progress through the lap to see the metrics/statistics, but that's it.

- V

Thanks man. I'll give this a try.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #116
asleep636
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3, '07 E86 Z4M Coupe

Problem with setting finish line on M Laptimer

[QUOTE=VMcV3y;17436140]Okay, I'm not 100% sure of this, but you don't do it that way.

- V

This thread is pretty old but I am confronting the same problem with my 2012 M3 where I cannot set the finish line. My question: Once the "go" button is pressed, the Laptimer started the route then press the IDrive button? Or do I have to move to a different menu before I press the IDrive button?

- asleep
Appreciate 0