BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep
Drives: TransLink

Unhappy No tones, no SOS, no audio from speakers?!

Almost forgot to mention, iDrive shows no connectivity to my hard drive in the centre console either! It has always worked before, it is live as the drive lights up but doesn't register as connected. It's a 1.8" drive with very low power draw, I even tried a flash drive!

I had removed the centre console to install a CIC controller, the rear-view mirror to run wiring for my radar detector, and the footwell panel to run wires through the firewall. Currently, everything is reconnected other than the LED strip under the footwell; any ideas?

As always, any insight you can provide is much appreciated; thanks in advance
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep

Exclamation

Apparently the SOS could be from the new CIC controller, software possibly needs to be updated before it'll accept the upgrade! Could this also be causing the other problems? I'm also curious as to what software needs to be updated, the vehicle is running 231E or is that completely independent?
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
If you replaced the CCC with CIC, then you will definitely need some coding.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
If you replaced the CCC with CIC, then you will definitely need some coding.
I've been lazy with the coding, lost everything after a software update @ the dealership and it's been the last thing on my mind!

I did end up finding the problem, I had forgotten to plug a black optical connector behind the driver's footwell panel
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
s65power
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeez View Post
I've been lazy with the coding, lost everything after a software update @ the dealership and it's been the last thing on my mind!

I did end up finding the problem, I had forgotten to plug a black optical connector behind the driver's footwell panel
This will do it. Any part of the MOST bus network must be plugged into powered modules or terminated, or the loop stops at the weakest link

Ususally when it says "No Tones Available" it means there is a break somewhere or a malfunctioning module.
Appreciate 0