BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

09-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
I guarantee you that there are many, many, many very nicely tuned Civics that will blow the doors off an M3. It is a pleasing thing to many hard core modders to build their otherwise lesser car to the level of outperforming an expensive benchmark car like an M3. Don't assume that you will beat them all
That is why i never ever race them. You have nothing to gain. U beat them, it's expected of u. U loose, u are gonna get embarrassed real badly.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
MisterM3
not so newbie
Rep
Drives: VTEC to V6 to V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
I look down on them as I would a dude with a popped collar spilling his Rockstar energy drinks on everybody as he tries to show off the crip walk he learned while vacationing with his parents in Nantucket.... Yes, the same level as a douche.

What's wrong with saying, "Nice car man, show me what it's got?" Or a head nod, or wave, or thumbs up, or some kind of gesture signaling 'wanna race?' I hardly ever street race but I'm more likely to oblige the guy who acknowledges me and sees if I'm even interested in a street race over the dumb ass who weaves in and out of traffic to get near me and bounces his engine off the limiter for a mile down the road. The same would go for if the douche was driving a damn Ferrari wanting to race me.
i agree with that. with a nicer gesture maybe i would of lauched. imo, a guy that just revs his engine and staring is a douche bag. stuff like that is asking for trouble from popo
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

just a rant! on my way home and this M3 with a eurotrash exhaust wanted to race? im located in Los Angeles, but i was in the Glendale area earlier. why must they do this? i dont care how fast your M3 is, it's still not a porsche
      09-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #26
Cl0ud7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I look down on them as I would a dude with a popped collar spilling his Rockstar energy drinks on everybody as he tries to show off the crip walk he learned while vacationing with his parents in Nantucket.... Yes, the same level as a douche.

What's wrong with saying, "Nice car man, show me what it's got?" Or a head nod, or wave, or thumbs up, or some kind of gesture signaling 'wanna race?' I hardly ever street race but I'm more likely to oblige the guy who acknowledges me and sees if I'm even interested in a street race over the dumb ass who weaves in and out of traffic to get near me and bounces his engine off the limiter for a mile down the road. The same would go for if the douche was driving a damn Ferrari wanting to race me.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #27
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
just a rant! on my way home and this M3 with a eurotrash exhaust wanted to race? im located in Los Angeles, but i was in the Glendale area earlier. why must they do this? i dont care how fast your M3 is, it's still not a porsche
Me likey.

...M3 is at least around the same class as a Porsche, but I get it, I see what ya did there.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #28
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I take it as a compliment as long as they aren't jagoffs.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #29
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
Me likey.

...M3 is at least around the same class as a Porsche, but I get it, I see what ya did there.
hardly...
150k vs 75k

75k vs 25k

I think M3 drivers have a worse reputation than ricers...for a reason
      09-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #30
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
hardly...
150k vs 75k

75k vs 25k

Cayman and base 911 are definitely in a similar class (the Cayman for sure). Sure, lots of what Porsche make is outside the range but there are definitely cars that are in the same class.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #31
SoTempted
Captain
Rep

Quote:
hardly...
150k vs 75k

75k vs 25k

I said class, not price range... I bet you typed that out with about as smug of a face as the OP.

Same class as in, you see a lot of cross-shopping between M3s and 911s. You'll NEVER see cross-shopping between civics and M3s.

"Hardly"... Pff, this guy.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #32
MisterM3
not so newbie
Rep
Drives: VTEC to V6 to V8

imo, i dont think M3 drivers have a worse rep than ricers. most people that drive M's are more mature. not all, but most "souped up" civics are driven by kids.

SoTempted is right. i was looking at porsche's also. not in my mind i ever thought about buying a civic
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

OMG...I love reading these posts. Some are funny, some are intellectually challenged. In all honesty, whether it's a Civic, Integra, GTi, or Sti....each can smoke a stock M3 is modded to the enth degree. So, as some have said, who cares, have fun with it, ignore it, or buy a Busa and be done with the "Mommy, why is she stairing at me" situations. That is, untill the Supra smokes you! Mwhahahahahaa.....then blows up.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #34
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I said class, not price range... I bet you typed that out with about as smug of a face as the OP.

Same class as in, you see a lot of cross-shopping between M3s and 911s. You'll NEVER see cross-shopping between civics and M3s.

I gotta agree with this...

The same could be said about your Porsche compared to some other fancy more expensive car.

Either way, unless your a billionaire, you'll never win the epeen argument as to which car is the best ever.

As far as racing on the street goes, not only is it stupid, it's downright irresponsible. Street racing in a more controlled environment maybe, but weaving in and out of traffic trying to "prove something" is dumb as shit. It's best to ignore people when they do this to you. Like was mentioned earlier, you'll either win, which is expected, or you'll lose and feel like an idiot. OR you'll get pulled over and find yourself behind bars, or whatever the punishment is for street racing.

A couple of months ago some guy in his turboed Dodge Neon pulled up next to me and did the same thing. I let him go and ignored it. A couple blocks down the road he was sitting on the sidelines with a cop leaning towards his window.

It's just not worth it...
      09-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Cayman and base 911 are definitely in a similar class (the Cayman for sure). Sure, lots of what Porsche make is outside the range but there are definitely cars that are in the same class.
Quote:

BMW makes alot of cars outside the range too but Honda still makes some cars to compete with BMW like Acura.
I typed that with a sad look on my face because BMW drivers tend to think because they think you can buy class with money?
      09-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #36
dbhg1124
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xdrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
I know most if not all would disagree, but it just seems people who drive an M3 think it's the best out there, the guy in the 150hp civic worked just as hard for his car as we all have, looking down on him for trying to race a faster/expensive just doesn't seem appropriate, just my opinion
dude go get a box of tissues and take ur sympathy for civic drivers on the honda civic si forum. We are all on here b.c we love our m3's and I can guarantee we are sick of all the punks in acura tl's honda civics evos stis that come and try to race me. I dont drive to race i enjoy my car, my comeback is I could buy ur car burn it for fun and buy another one so leave me alone. And they all didnt work as hard as we did that is why there is different classes in society, work hard play hard.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #37
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhg1124 View Post
dude go get a box of tissues and take ur sympathy for civic drivers on the honda civic si forum. We are all on here b.c we love our m3's and I can guarantee we are sick of all the punks in acura tl's honda civics evos stis that come and try to race me. I dont drive to race i enjoy my car, my comeback is I could buy ur car burn it for fun and buy another one so leave me alone. And they all didnt work as hard as we did that is why there is different classes in society, work hard play hard.
-.- you can't be serious
      09-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #38
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This is why BMW owners get a bad name
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #39
SoTempted
Captain
Rep

Quote:
WOW. I'd have to say I myself, as well as a lot of the other military forum members, are closer in societal class to the honda guys than to a lot of the (wealthy) members on this forum. You seem to be in a lesser class of person than us all.

Man... some people... Just, wow.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #40
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This is bullshit... there are a lot of very hard working people who don't have wealth. Some people don't come from a privileged background and have an inherently uphill battle. Some are born without the same level of intellect or talent and regardless of hardwork may not get as far. Some who have money can also attribute it to luck... right place, right time... falling into a great opportunity, whatever. A ton of people are born into money and do nothing to earn it... does that somehow make them a better person?

Disrespecting the millions of people who work every bit as hard as you do (and more) and judging them because they don't have as much wealth is really moronic. Money, class, status have NOTHING to do with who someone is or their value as a person. I think some of the comments in this thread actually suggest the opposite... people who have very little character can have money.

Last edited by gthal; 09-15-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #41
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

^--- LOVE that! So true.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #42
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Douchebag of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
This is bullshit... there are a lot of very hard working people who don't have wealth. Some people don't come from a privileged background and have an inherently uphill battle. Some are born without the same level of intellect or talent and regardless of hardwork may not get as far. Some who have money can also attribute it to luck... right place, right time... falling into a great opportunity, whatever. A ton of people are born into money and do nothing to earn it... does that somehow make them a better person?

Disrespecting the millions of people who work every bit as hard as you do (and more) and judging them because they don't have as much wealth is really moronic. Money, class, status have NOTHING to do with who someone is or their value as a person. I think some of the comments in this thread actually suggest the opposite... people who have very little character can have money.
Well said.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #43
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

The OP's statement that "it's still not an M3" sent this thread into a whole money/"class"/money doesn't buy class discussion, but the point I'd like to take away from it is that the behavior some drivers display around our cars is truly moronic. I can't tell you how many times I see guys in performance cars, whether they be modded Civics, Evos, STIs, 370Zs, G37 Coupes (all the time), or 328s, 335s, 535s, 550s, or 135s, going into Fast 'n' Furious mode and weaving in and out of heavy traffic. They have absolutely no regard for the safety of those around them or for themselves. All it would take is one car needing to tap the brakes as one of these guys pulls an inches-off-the-bumper weaving maneuver to create a multiple-car disaster.

Take it to the track. As someone posted above, why can't these dudes just give a thumbs up and say, "Nice ride..."
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #44
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

lol, it is annoying sometimes. Especially when they beat you. hahah
Appreciate 0