BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #23
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
God created everything. i know its hard to grasp but i believe that God always was and will always be. when i was a kid i didnt understand christianity but then i moved to a christian school and felt the presence of God. i know it sounds weird but all of u fellow christians know what i am talking about
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #24
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Joke of the day:

Q: Why do Mexicans make good astronauts?

A: All they do is take up SPACE.
      12-25-2007, 12:27 AM   #25
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I believe in God, and believe that he created everything at one point, all the cells needed to form life. But that is also why I believe in evolution. Who said God couldnt create the big bang, or the cells from which everything evolved. I do not, however, believe in all of the creation stories and fictional stories from different religions.

People didnt have labs, science, and all the knowledge we have today. So of course when humans from thousands of years ago encountered unexplainable things such as the Aura's in space, they would just create some sort of explanation to answer their curiosity. Answers like, "its a message from God" or whatever......are just the result of primitive people fulfilling the human nature to wonder and seek answers to questions.

What? Did you think someone from 3000 years ago could tell you that a comet was a piece of cosmic matter, traveling at amazing speeds, with ice particles and other matter trailing behind it? Or that the Earth was formed over the course of billions of years and that continents shift and so forth?? No, of course not. They didnt have the knowledge to answer those kind of questions. So, to the knowledge of their time, they just dismiss the comet as being some supernatural force or being, and the Earth as just being created by God........which like I said, I believe God created all of the cells and atoms that now make up the Earth and universe, but not through the story of creation. I'm just a modern person who still has faith in God.

Please understand that Im just using this whole a comet and auro thing as an example of primitive people using simple answers to explain complex things that we only now have learned. And that the comet and aura examples Im using arent directly taken out of a story from a certain religion. They do, however, closely resemble other natural or scientific forces that were unexplainable during ancient times, therefore being dismissed as acts of God, or super natural forces. And this is why I believe that religions need to be updated to meet the standards of current times.

Things like not eating pork, or that certain animals are dirty and forbidden are just things of the past. I mean, Im sure that pork was very dirty and unhealthy back then and that certain animals were disease ridden, but not necessarily today.

I believe in a mix between science and God, not religion. I believe that there is one God, that we should do the right things and so on, but I still firmly believe in science.......how can you ignore that. Religion is like a bunch of clubs with minute difference in their rules, but with a few MAJOR and fundamental things in common. So Im not too critical on religions, as long as they believe in a God and do the right things.

The beauty of science to me in relation to God is this: That the more we learn about how things work and further we delve into science. The more the obvious the beauty, balance, precision, and complexity of God's creations become.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #26
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Egg
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #27
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

I don't know what's beyond space, but the universe, from what I understand, shrinks and contracts. When it contracts enough, a big bang happens, and it starts anew.

I know it's not some magical creator. That would be fantasy.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:38 AM   #28
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I know it's not some magical creator. That would be fantasy.
Any sufficiently powerful/advanced being/technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #29
Eurotechnik zhp
Registered
Rep
Drives: '04 6spd Zhp Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisalano22 View Post
Egg
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:48 AM   #30
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I'm really bored. This is a crazy question. I just wanted to throw out an opportunity for a ridiculous thread, hear people's theories, etc. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I was just watching the Discovery channel and tripping out.

So, how did space, as in, outer space, happen?

Also, as a side note, if you believe in that "big bang" bullshit then
Because scientists claiming that a bunch of shit just magically appeared out of nowhere, rammed together, and created the universe = . Who put that "stuff" there, the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? If there was no "Space" prior to that happening, what "Space" was that stuff occupying?

How did all the materials to "start" space happen? Seriously, where in the hell did that shit come from? Why does it exist? Damned Discovery channel.

I have a feeling that this will be the worst thread that I have ever created, and people will hate it. Merry Christmas!
we are living in a big galaxy cluster with dust and gas. When a big planet die. it exploded into dust and gases. and black hole are created by dead star. Thing move around the black hole n get suck into it. when dust and gases together and form new star. You will not going to see with your naked eyes. you need radio wave to look at the differences color of each of the gases. Each gases have different light because the light wave past throught it. just like rainbows.
      12-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #31
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Any sufficiently powerful/advanced being/technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Sorry if I misused the word fantasy.

I don't need to know how a laser is beam is formed, or an MRI machine works, to understand that it's not magic.

The universe wasn't put together by a magic dude. It's called evolution, not magic.

Even if there are advanced races of aliens, they don't have magic either, if that's what you're trying to say. They would use the same physical laws we do.

If they moved matter instantly through space (like in Star Trek), then yes, I would believe that they were able to do that. Still wouldn't be magic.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Where did SPACE (outer ******* come from?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #33
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Its funny how you can throw away the big bang theory as being "bull shit" because stuff just magically appeared, but in the same breathe to just believe that God put it there magically. I believe in God, i'm a Catholic, but I guess I just don't have the blind faith that a lot of other Christians have. I believe in both God, as well as Evolution. To say that evolution exists doesn't mean that God doesn't necessarily, but to totally throw it out the window despite all of the evidence that is shown by science is pretty ignorant in my opinion.

I use to get into fights all the time with one of my friends who is a religious fanatic (also Christian, I don't remember what sect, but he had nothing but bad things to say about the catholic church like I was the one who founded it ) about how he would say evolution was total BS. I would ask him why there were dinosaur fossils then from millions of years ago, and he would basically tell me that fossils were all BS that non-believers put here to fool us like it was some big conspiracy.

So to answer your question of where space came from, I have no idea. I do like to believe that science and God both had a role to play though if that is possible. I guess not everything is so black and white in my eyes.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #34
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Its funny how you can throw away the big bang theory as being "bull shit" because stuff just magically appeared, but in the same breathe to just believe that God put it there magically. I believe in God, i'm a Catholic, but I guess I just don't have the blind faith that a lot of other Christians have. I believe in both God, as well as Evolution. To say that evolution exists doesn't mean that God doesn't necessarily, but to totally throw it out the window despite all of the evidence that is shown by science is pretty ignorant in my opinion.

I use to get into fights all the time with one of my friends who is a religious fanatic (also Christian, I don't remember what sect, but he had nothing but bad things to say about the catholic church like I was the one who founded it ) about how he would say evolution was total BS. I would ask him why there were dinosaur fossils then from millions of years ago, and he would basically tell me that fossils were all BS that non-believers put here to fool us like it was some big conspiracy.

So to answer your question of where space came from, I have no idea. I do like to believe that science and God both had a role to play though if that is possible. I guess not everything is so black and white in my eyes.
Cliff notes: Religion is an answer to why, Science is an answer to how. They can coexist.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
Cliff notes: Religion is an answer to why, Science is an answer to how. They can coexist.
Amen my brotha!

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #36
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Amen my brotha!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #37
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

the God argument is always going to be the easy way to explain things since it requires no further proof. Faith alone is enough to support its
But back to the topic of space - as far as we are concerned as humans, we interact with three dimensions and perhaps only reminded of the fouth dimension during our mid life crises or when we are faced with our mortality. But current though is that there are 11 dimensions - according to M-Theory (string theory). That this universe is one among infinite numbers of multiverses floating/traveling in a higer dimensional plane. That is the comon dimension shared by all these multiverses. Currently our universe is in a state of inflation, from the moments of the big bang 14 billion yrs ago till 2008 and probably will continue to inflate till the night sky becomes completely dark. I guess the closest analogy i can draw would be to comparing fishes to humans. Fishes know the world in their fish tank universe and thats it. They have no sense of a world beyond that plane, kinda of like us humans, we really were never designed to understand a plane of existence beyond what our senses are limited towards - but we definitely sure can "think" about them.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Hasn't anyone done what I suggested above?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #39
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Where did space come from?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #40
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE LABEL View Post
...we really were never designed to understand a plane of existence beyond what our senses are limited towards - but we definitely sure can "think" about them.
We weren't designed, it's called evolution.

Edit - but I get your point.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #41
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

designed might have been a poor choice of wording in that context. Whatever one wants to call it evolution, random mutations, intelligent design - this question of existence and consciousness is def. interesting.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #42
lvlolvlo
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: eeeee nein-tee-two

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
+∞!

Quote:
Hasn't anyone done what I suggested above?
PM'd!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #43
NaTuReB0Y