BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

01-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
It's my experience that people with tints aren't the enthusiasts in my area, they are the assholes. Not saying you are but you can't really give a thumbs up to someone you can't see to begin with.
That could be the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on a forum!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Tell me why I would give a thumbs up to someone that is hiding behind tinted windows? Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #26
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's my experience that people with tints aren't the enthusiasts in my area, they are the assholes. Not saying you are but you can't really give a thumbs up to someone you can't see to begin with.
What part of NJ are you from? I understand if some ricer civic with a grapefruit size exhaust with 5% tint all around pulls up next to you I would be suspicious as well. But thats complete different then a brand new C63 with only 35% tint ( I have 3M film which makes the tint closer to 38% actually) which you could easily see through on a sunny morning which were the conditions on that Tuesday in my OP. I mean if I see a blacked out E92 M3 pull along side of me I wouldn't think its some "thug" who got his car used or from an auto auction at 50% of the original MSRP. Honestly every high end car I see in the Bergen County/Hoboken area has tints on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

I definitely bang more chicks than the OP...well that's because he is a one woman man now haha. What up Garone...let's go out in the snow and race...that would be an interesting one lol. Let's meet up for a photoshoot soon when the weather lightens up a little bit bro. I know monsta and a couple other locals would be down for a friendly meet and greet with Ms and AMGs. I will get it together when the weather stops shitting white on us.
      01-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep

Oh yeah dude...please space out your novels. You make my eyes hurt when I read your posts
      01-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #29
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz M3 View Post
I definitely bang more chicks than the OP...well that's because he is a one woman man now haha. What up Garone...let's go out in the snow and race...that would be an interesting one lol. Let's meet up for a photoshoot soon when the weather lightens up a little bit bro. I know monsta and a couple other locals would be down for a friendly meet and greet with Ms and AMGs. I will get it together when the weather stops shitting white on us.
enough talk already lets get together........we could have a competition of donuts in this snow!!!

I took my bros MINI out into a empty parking lot today and was having a blast!!!! I need to get do this w/ the ///M one of these days...

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #30
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
enough talk already lets get together........we could have a competition of donuts in this snow!!!

I took my bros MINI out into a empty parking lot today and was having a blast!!!! I need to get do this w/ the ///M one of these days...
It's so hard when I don't bring my car out if there is one drop of water on the ground. I'm sure some of you are the same way. This weather SUCKS! Once is gets nicer, I promise you Monsta I am a champ at setting up mini meets. My days on E46Fanatics have paid off lol.
      01-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #31
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
What part of NJ are you from? I understand if some ricer civic with a grapefruit size exhaust with 5% tint all around pulls up next to you I would be suspicious as well. But thats complete different then a brand new C63 with only 35% tint ( I have 3M film which makes the tint closer to 38% actually) which you could easily see through on a sunny morning which were the conditions on that Tuesday in my OP. I mean if I see a blacked out E92 M3 pull along side of me I wouldn't think its some "thug" who got his car used or from an auto auction at 50% of the original MSRP. Honestly every high end car I see in the Bergen County/Hoboken area has tints on it.
I live in Essex County and really almost everyone in this state has tints so it doesn't matter if you have a high end car or an econobox. You seriously underestimate the amount of hip prepsters in this area that just try to look cool.

I had a run in over the summer with some dude in a AW 335i coupe on route 3. We weren't racing and I just happened to pass him as he pulled off to the GSP exit and as I was about to give him the thumbs up I saw the outline of the bird being flipped at me through his tints. The only enthusiasts I've run into that give a nod or a thumbs up are Porsche drivers. Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #32
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Saturday I did a little drifting in my brother's S4 at my office in the parking lot since no one was around. I was able to get her sideways about 60 degrees once.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #33
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes I'm sure its hard to believe but even I to have fallen victim to this evil being they call a woman. I must admit I do enjoy having someone clean the apartment up and do my laundry time to time. However if I could have a nickle for everytime she called/emailed me with a demand I could have retired already.

Phootshoot soon. Definately
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah dude...please space out your novels. You make my eyes hurt when I read your posts
Sorry for hurting your eyes, but do you think it will hurt as much as the view of seeing my taillights.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I live in Essex County and really almost everyone in this state has tints so it doesn't matter if you have a high end car or an econobox. You seriously underestimate the amount of hip prepsters in this area that just try to look cool.

I had a run in over the summer with some dude in a AW 335i coupe on route 3. We weren't racing and I just happened to pass him as he pulled off to the GSP exit and as I was about to give him the thumbs up I saw the outline of the bird being flipped at me through his tints. The only enthusiasts I've run into that give a nod or a thumbs up are Porsche drivers. Go figure.
Take it as a compliment then that he was clearly jealous of your car. But still that’s an isolated incident. I have gotten people of all different cars give me a thumbs up/ talk to me at stop lights. Actually 3 weeks ago where RT3 turns into 46 I noticed in my rear view mirror this white 6 series convertible cut off 3 different cars and finally pulls along side of me. I look over and it’s this black guy with like 21" chrome rims sticking out of his window giving me a thumbs up and screaming something. I didn't know how to respond because he almost ran this one car off the road just to get along side of me before so I just smiled. Anyways there is always going to be one jerk out there that will be jealous of your car.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #36
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

I had a different experience here in SoCal.

I was on an onramp at night, and I see the BMW halo-lights getting closer in my rear view mirror. By the way he was driving, I could tell he wanted to play. I figured it was a 335i just because they are more likely to be out to prove something (right? OK, IMO!) so I gunned it on the onramp (A Benz CAN take a turn!) and I flew up on the guy in front of me and had to brake hard. So, the BMW then stays behind for a bit, then guns it and cuts into the other lane and takes off... and I see the rear and... WHOA, IT'S AN M3! So of course, I chase off after him.

We then do a little high speed stuff, back and forth... I really don't think either car is faster than the other, plus he didn't even have plates yet. We come up to each other as traffic kind of blocks us, and at the same time, we both roll down our windows and give each other the THUMBS UP!! It was really cool!

See, C63's and M3's can be friends.

I guess I should post this in my regional section.
      01-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #37
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Take it as a compliment then that he was clearly jealous of your car. But still that’s an isolated incident. I have gotten people of all different cars give me a thumbs up/ talk to me at stop lights. Actually 3 weeks ago where RT3 turns into 46 I noticed in my rear view mirror this white 6 series convertible cut off 3 different cars and finally pulls along side of me. I look over and it’s this black guy with like 21" chrome rims sticking out of his window giving me a thumbs up and screaming something. I didn't know how to respond because he almost ran this one car off the road just to get along side of me before so I just smiled. Anyways there is always going to be one jerk out there that will be jealous of your car.
hahahah ...thats awesome.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #38
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I had a different experience here in SoCal.

I was on an onramp at night, and I see the BMW halo-lights getting closer in my rear view mirror. By the way he was driving, I could tell he wanted to play. I figured it was a 335i just because they are more likely to be out to prove something (right? OK, IMO!) so I gunned it on the onramp (A Benz CAN take a turn!) and I flew up on the guy in front of me and had to brake hard. So, the BMW then stays behind for a bit, then guns it and cuts into the other lane and takes off... and I see the rear and... WHOA, IT'S AN M3! So of course, I chase off after him.

We then do a little high speed stuff, back and forth... I really don't think either car is faster than the other, plus he didn't even have plates yet. We come up to each other as traffic kind of blocks us, and at the same time, we both roll down our windows and give each other the THUMBS UP!! It was really cool!

See, C63's and M3's can be friends.

I guess I should post this in my regional section.
He didn't have plates yet? So his car was brand new most likely less then 1200 miles on it, and he was running with you on the highway. I think its safe to say this guy was running his car to red line to keep pace with you while he was in the break in period of his car. I guess he was trying to prove he can hang with the C63 at the future expense of possibly causing damage to his car. How old did this genius look?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #39
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.. or even how old you are. It's simple why some people give the thumbs up and some people ignore/flip bird... some people just plain suck.

For the record.. I always give the thumbs up. If you have good taste you have good taste.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #40
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

That's cool, I always give the thumbs up to anyone on the road up for a good time..

A couple of nights ago, when I was driving back from my ski trip up in Blue Mountain I saw a car pulling up aggressively behind me. Kinda annoyed because I thought he was tail gating me. He pulled over to the right lane and pulled next to me. I was doing around 75mph. It was the new hatchback STI, lightly modified. He flashed his lights and gunned it. The road was clear infront of me and I went for it as well. Caught up with him and got ahead of him. Went through a tunnel and he cut behind me before the lanes were separated by double lines. The left lane was completely clear all the way through, the right had a few slower cars. Went up to upwards of 145mph for a few seconds.. he was way behind now.

Got out of the tunnel, he gave me the hazard light and took the next exit. Actually, I never really realized what the hazard lights mean until a few days ago - didn't know it actually is to acknowledge others. lol

Keep me updated if you guys are meeting up, would love to check out a C63
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #41
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
That's cool, I always give the thumbs up to anyone on the road up for a good time..

A couple of nights ago, when I was driving back from my ski trip up in Blue Mountain I saw a car pulling up aggressively behind me. Kinda annoyed because I thought he was tail gating me. He pulled over to the right lane and pulled next to me. I was doing around 75mph. It was the new hatchback STI, lightly modified. He flashed his lights and gunned it. The road was clear infront of me and I went for it as well. Caught up with him and got ahead of him. Went through a tunnel and he cut behind me before the lanes were separated by double lines. The left lane was completely clear all the way through, the right had a few slower cars. Went up to upwards of 145mph for a few seconds.. he was way behind now.

Got out of the tunnel, he gave me the hazard light and took the next exit. Actually, I never really realized what the hazard lights mean until a few days ago - didn't know it actually is to acknowledge others. lol

Keep me updated if you guys are meeting up, would love to check out a C63
Nice Kill. If I had to guess, he was trying the gauge his rice burner against your M3 in terms of speed and performance. I have had a similar situation before. One time when I was going back home I had some clown in a newer Accord coupe pull along side me and pace me on RT 17 South before the RT3 East exit (If anyone knows that exit it is a very sharp curving turn which dips). I got on the gas slightly to see if this guy was really serious and surely he was. Bottom line I left him in the dust took the turn nicely with not braking looked back in my rear view mirror and he was no where to be scene.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #42
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
sure it wasn't the Red Bull so early in the morning giving you the rush? Nice story....wow 8,500miles and you already need new tires I think your having too much fun
My C63 needed rears at around the 6k mile mark, very common for the C63
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #43
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:

Bad luck, whenever in my m3 (the old one), and a fellow m3 driver (old or new) drives by, generally i flash the brights and they give em right back to me. and ive found wrx sti owners to be extremely complementary (generally because theyre all my age, and wish they had my ride)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #44
wuyichao
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
You obviously haven't been out on Friday,Saturday nights cuz Actually younger women would perfer m3 over C63 anyday. All the girls i know think the C class is one ugly car compared to the e92 3 Series. Don't get me wrong, i never said Old people drive Merc's. Merc's are def hot, especially with the new SL,S's,CLS's and CL's. but NOT the C class, We can go to any bar any night and ask 10 girls, im 100% sure at least 8 will say the m3 > c63 in styling.

Btw- gold diggers wouldnt choose either an m3/c63. They go for much higher. And yes they probably would choose the Merc, but again, not the C class.
i would have to agree with you.

younger women def prefer E92 M3 than C63.

i drive an odyssey to parties in the weekend due to stealth look. i dont like being pull over after parties when i have to drive from city to LI.