BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

01-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
marky3d
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2011

iPhone 4 bluetooth contact display

Hi,

as most of you owning a "smartphone", I have multiple numbers assigned to each Contact on my iPhone 4 (mobile, work, home, ...).
For a year now I never knew which number to call because of duplicate entries on the iDrive menu labeled just as contact name and surname for each number per contact on my iPhone, which is really annoying. A few weeks ago after starting my car I was able to see (mobile), (work), ... after the name of the contact on my iDrive. I can not reproduce this today - can someone please tell me what options must be changed to get this back. I have done no software updates on my iDrive and/or iPhone 4 (running the newest iOS 5)
I have multiple exchange accounts with contacts sync and that might be the issue. My car is a 2011 M3 E92 with all bluetooth options.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Assuming you are using Outlook or Apple's Address Book application create one contact card for each person. Put all of their phone numbers on the same card but for each number specify "Work", "Mobile", "Home", etc. Then when you bring up the Phonebook in iDrive you will see one entry per person and for that entry multiple numbers each with a little phone icon that is different for "Work", "Mobile", "Home", etc.

That's the way I do it anyway.
      01-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
marky3d
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Assuming you are using Outlook or Apple's Address Book application create one contact card for each person. Put all of their phone numbers on the same card but for each number specify "Work", "Mobile", "Home", etc. Then when you bring up the Phonebook in iDrive you will see one entry per person and for that entry multiple numbers each with a little phone icon that is different for "Work", "Mobile", "Home", etc.

That's the way I do it anyway.
that is exactly how I have it
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky3d View Post
that is exactly how I have it
I thought there was a little icon by each number in the shape of a house/building/phone(for mobile).

I was having similar problems. I just bit the bullet a few months ago and organized my contacts via iCloud so I wouldn't have this problem any more.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I thought there was a little icon by each number in the shape of a house/building/phone(for mobile).
There are.