BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

02-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #111
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I guess the TTRS is a 135i rival.
Look at this vid, 123d vs TT TDI, on a soaking wet track, the 123d has more grunt but also weighs 120kgs more than the TT, the 123d wins on this soaking wet track, despite the 'Quattro'TT. Anyway, Audis in general look great and that's about it.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #112
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
The TTD is a lot slower in a straight line than the 123d, that is why at the first checkpoint the 123d was over 0.6s ahead (within a few hundred yards) but in the corners the TT pulled back 0.4s to a difference of 0.2s at the second checkpoint before the BMW pulled another 0.3s over the remaining straightish bits of the course to win by 0.5s.

Sorry RH but to compare the poor attemp diesel TT as an indicator of how the TT-RS will be is not only insecure but childish.

A much better example of what is capable from the TT chassis is the Best Motoring race (also in the wet) against the TT-S, M3, IS-F, EXO-X and the CL63.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #113
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

LOL, to call me insecure and childish...says the man who is wrong 9 out of 10 times with his 'facts' and I have to correct him time after time...

I just posted a vid of a rwd car vs a 4wd car with no benefit(the 123d weighs 120kgs more you know) whatsoever for the quattro system in the TT on a wet track. Do you read at all footie?

Just keep it to 'cars' in general here and don't call me insecure and childish Looking at other postings from you and the reactions from others, I'm not the only one here who is irritated by some of your postings...
Maybe you should think before you write down something, your way of writing sometimes is arrogant and mr-know-it-all including offences to people(calling me insecure and childish i.e.) And you know you don't know it all. Nobody does.

Last edited by Robin_NL; 02-05-2009 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #114
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Clearly I hit a nerve, will try and watch for that again.

Sure I am wrong and don't know everything, but on some stuff I am pretty clued up and on quite a few subjects I have equally clued up members in agreement with me. The only people I can think of that I have rubbed up of late is V1.47Fan which is more to with both of you disliking Audi products and not accepting them as a true alternative to BMW.

I openly admit I hold no brand loyalty and change brand as the mood takes me, but I appreciate quality engineering and that is why I mainly stick to German motors. I doubt I will be driving another BMW next time round, unless something peaks my interest but at the moment there is nothing new on the horizon that looks likely of doing that, unlike some up and coming Audi products, so chances are I will continue to cross swords with you in the future.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #115
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Crossing swords is fine with me, but keep to the facts(cars) footie.

I had 2 Audis before my BMW'era' and I love(d) them. The models, build quality, interior refinement: Excellent in general. But when it comes to driving with the heart and soul:No.

Not even a R8 ftm.(A 997S has much more sportiness, a R8 is a dull drive for the money, it really is!) . The S5 is also a dull drive. I don't expect the TT RS to be the best driving Audi(that is the R8 for sure) . Quattro in general is also uninspiring*...and it's not 'magic' at all..Japanese manufacturers do that a lot better(though I know Nissan is cheating).

You don't have 'brandloyalty' you say and I know by reading your postings I 'm not 'that BMW addict' you might think I am. I 'm a rwd biased driving enthousiast, but love group B cars, some Porsches, some Benzes, some Ferraris, Astons etc and many lightweight cars and motorsports in general. A fine example of non-motorsports is the RS6. Plenty of power, a heavyweight, very fast, very nice to look at, very uninspiring to drive.

*And I know a 4wd car is different in approaching/taking bends than a FWD/RWD, I have 'some'track experience thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #116
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
I can't agree that the 997 is a more enjoyable drive to the R8, maybe I prefer the car to work with me as the R8 does instead of working against me as is the case with the 997. I have tracked a few 997 (Mk1) and found it's behaviour in mid corner unacceptable, having both understeer and oversteer in longest corners and barrelling understeer in slowish corners. The R8 has barely any understeer at all (very un-Audi) with a lovely progressive and playful manner of oversteer.

I also doubt the TT-RS will match the R8 but it doesn't have to, it's sights are set of lesser cars (M3, Z4M, Cayman S). I'm expecting it to feel more pointy than the M3, to also feel lighter on it's feet but have that added security that all awd car have regardless of design or execution.

You say you had Audis before 'seeing the light' and switching to BMW, well the most 'anti' smokers are the people who have quit so I reckon you may be more 'anti' Audi than you think.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #117
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
You say you had Audis before 'seeing the light' and switching to BMW, well the most 'anti' smokers are the people who have quit so I reckon you may be more 'anti' Audi than you think.
You're right about that, I am. Audi's don't give me the 'driving pleasure' which is more important to me than exterior/interior design.Just me, I know.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #118
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
LOL, to call me insecure and childish...says the man who is wrong 9 out of 10 times with his 'facts' and I have to correct him time after time...

I just posted a vid of a rwd car vs a 4wd car with no benefit(the 123d weighs 120kgs more you know) whatsoever for the quattro system in the TT on a wet track. Do you read at all footie?

Just keep it to 'cars' in general here and don't call me insecure and childish Looking at other postings from you and the reactions from others, I'm not the only one here who is irritated by some of your postings...
Maybe you should think before you write down something, your way of writing sometimes is arrogant and mr-know-it-all including offences to people(calling me insecure and childish i.e.) And you know you don't know it all. Nobody does.
You have to know who you are talking to.

Footie is a huge Audi loyalist. Huge, gigantic, as in Audi can do no wrong.

Despite what he claims, he is a brand loyalist.

I got banned from rs6.com for actually setting that Audi cult straight and footie was the one standing up for Audi and against the M3. Guess what he ended up buying? I can post the link if anyone wants, it was actually before the M3 came out and I am surprised at just how accurate the statements were. He actually went so far as to claim BMW was ripping off the RS4's engine sound LOL.

Footie is a car an enthusiast, and that is great, and love to see that. However, he has a HUGE Audi bias, HUGE.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #119
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post

I got banned from rs6.com for actually setting that Audi cult straight and footie was the one standing up for Audi and against the M3. Guess what he ended up buying? I can post the link if anyone wants, it was actually before the M3 came out and I am surprised at just how accurate the statements were. He actually went so far as to claim BMW was ripping off the RS4's engine sound LOL.

Footie is a car an enthusiast, and that is great, and love to see that. However, he has a HUGE Audi bias, HUGE.
I'd be interested in reading it. Entertainment is entertainment!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #120
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'd be interested in reading it. Entertainment is entertainment!
1. http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11674&page=3

2. http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11744

Knock yourself out, that is from 2007. Amazing how I nailed the M3 RWHP on the dot, if I do say so myself. Also amazing how Footie (leadfoot) ended up with an M3 after all that.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #121
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Knock yourself out, that is from 2007. Amazing how I nailed the M3 RWHP on the dot, if I do say so myself. Also amazing how Footie (leadfoot) ended up with an M3 after all that.
Thanks....I'm grabbing my popcorn and heading over to RS6.com to enjoy some engaging automotive banter. I'll report back soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #122
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Good read! The Admin/Mods over at RS6.com were hasty (..liberal) with the ban. IMHO, I feel that the discussion was firm, but with a hospitable overtone. I saw no immediate need to ban you twice in one day. Ah well! Water under the bridge.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #123
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Good read! The Admin/Mods over at RS6.com were hasty (..liberal) with the ban. IMHO, I feel that the discussion was firm, but with a hospitable overtone. I saw no immediate need to ban you twice in one day. Ah well! Water under the bridge.
Exactly.

Reality is that if I used the same tone, but pro-Audi, there would be no objection. The problem was, I gave a different perspective (called them on BS) and it warps minds.

It was just amusing to see Footie as he was before the M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #124
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Thanx for the links Sticky.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #125
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Thanx for the links Sticky.
I'm just a nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #126
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
wait for the RS5
I think the RS5 will be more mature in it's manner, very accomplished but without the aggressive/instance behaviour that the TT-RS should have, one will weigh over 250~300kgs more and you will feel all of that. The same has been said about the E9? M3 over the previous models (E36 and older) even though it can corner harder and steer more accurately.

As for the other BS posted of late, I don't need to reaffirm my position ... again and again and again. I did it once and that should have been enough.

P.S.
Thanks for the links, it was indeed interesting and entertaining reading and though your manner was a bit aggressive the same reaction wouldn't have happened here from the mods. Maybe it was your final statements which signed your fate.

Quote:
I think you confused yourself with a moderator.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #127
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

Quote:

I always thought this to myself, but only occasionally brought it up (or hinted at it) in the forums through a joking manner. Not to sound childish and without meaning to offend, I've got to say, most everything Footie says, in regards to Audi vs BMW, has a slight overtone of Audi bias. Honestly. I just never felt like pointing that out, but it really shows in those threads. It's like a mild loyalty. Probably similar to my mild bias towards BMW (though it's clear through my post history that I let logic and experience choose what I think is best, not bias).
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #128
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
So are you saying that because I insist the S4 is both quicker and has better road holding that I have to be this guy Leadfoot. Come on guys catch a grip, the evidence is there in front of you in two road tests, each showing very similar results. Tell me, why aren't you saying I'm someone from a GTR forum because I have probably championed the GTR more than any other car including Audis.

I simply don't agree that a car has to be rwd to get enjoyment from it, there are merits with all drivetrains as well as disadvantages.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #129
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

We all biased regarding cars and women. Nothing wrong with that, keep the threads interesting.
Audi is very highly regarded in Europe, with better reputation then BMW in some countries. If I have good experience with the M3 I am sure gona be biased somewhat.
I cannot speak anything of the TT-RS - and I think the whole discussion is premature - since it's not available yet but the TT-S is a really nice sports car. I was impressed by the TT-S more than by the M3 on test drives, but I need back seats and old fashioned 6sp manual gearbox.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #130
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
So are you saying that because I insist the S4 is both quicker and has better road holding that I have to be this guy Leadfoot.
...So, are you saying that you aren't Leadfoot?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #131
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

each car has different characteristics, and I think it's going to appeal to different people. I'd rather compare a RS5 to the M3.

the only edge the current Audi's will have over the M3 is the AWD. We'll see how the performance is on the RS5 when it comes out. I'm looking forward to driving one.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #132
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

A not so nice move to post these links. None the less it was a quite interesting read.

I'm willing to give foot the benefit of the doubt.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0