BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #67
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
^^ But I struggled between that and Jet Black/ Fox Red. And your car shows why. Menacing and sporty.
      08-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #68
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Julie, be sure to pm me when your car gets to Halifax so I can track it on the train for you.

By the way, Azurite Black, on Black leather with with Piano Black trim looks great. That is the color combo Alan's (TTBear's) car was and it looked great in person........ yours will look even better with the 359M's (ZCP wheels).
      08-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #69
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Julie, be sure to pm me when your car gets to Halifax so I can track it on the train for you.

By the way, Azurite Black, on Black leather with with Piano Black trim looks great. That is the color combo Alan's (TTBear's) car was and it looked great in person........ yours will look even better with the 359M's (ZCP wheels).
Thanks so much Jamie, I really appreciate it....

Right now, ETA in Halifax is August 13.
      08-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #70
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Cool Ship Tracking

Ok, so rather then install an app I just bookmarked the marinetraffic.com website page for my ship.

And I just go to the page on my phone's browser or refresh it every time I want to check its status.

here is a screenshot. The ship is heading to Southampton UK.
Attached Images

08-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #71
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Ok, so rather then install an app I just bookmarked the marinetraffic.com website page for my ship.

And I just go to the page on my phone's browser or refresh it every time I want to check its status.

here is a screenshot. The ship is heading to Southampton UK.
Awesome!!! Excited for you too! Yup - it's the same ship my car traveled on just about 1 month ago after Southampton, it should be headed across the big pond to Halifax!

Nice colour combo you picked, very individual indeed. Any plan to maybe black out the back window, rear 1/4 and maybe darken the sides too? Black kidney grille too and I can see you driving it in the MIB outfit too for extra look!!!

Speaking of options, I basically ticked all the boxes (including BMW Apps) except the exec package (think that's what it's called). Don't care for the rear shade, folding mirror (had it on my last leased car C300, just gimmicky), and parking radar (also had on C300 and sometimes was handy, just made me a bit lazy and less aware on my own merits) - so far I am finding I can back this thing into spots w/o radar help. I am good with the dash design and never thought the dash had a weird double hump TBH - I didn't even bother playing around with the system during my test drive, haha...

Day 3 of my E92M experience, it is everything I anticipated it to be and more... and I still haven't gone higher than 5k rpm yet until break-in period is over!!! I maybe starting a thread to record my new ///Membership experience and some photos, watch for it that way, we can focus on your tracking your car all the way to delivery here!!!

My check-in thread is now here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727282

Last edited by bnombe; 08-05-2012 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: skilly typo, then added link to my check-in thread
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #72
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Awesome!!! Excited for you too! Yup - it's the same ship my car traveled on just about 1 month ago after Southampton, it should be headed across the big pond to Halifax!

Nice colour combo you picked, very individual indeed. Any plan to maybe black out the back window, rear 1/4 and maybe darken the sides too? Black kidney grille too and I can see you driving it in the MIB outfit too for extra look!!!

Speaking of options, I basically ticked all the boxes (including BMW Apps) except the exec package (think that's what it's called). Don't care for the rear shade, folding mirror (had it on my last leased car C300, just gimmicky), and parking radar (also had on C300 and sometimes was handy, just made me a bit lazy and less aware on my own merits) - so far I am finding I can back this thing into spots w/o radar help. I am good with the dash design and never thought the dash had a weird double hump TBH - I didn't even bother playing around with the system during my test drive, haha...

Day 3 of my E92M experience, it is everything I anticipated it to be and more... and I still haven't gone higher than 5k rpm yet until break-in period is over!!! I maybe starting a thread to record my new ///Membership experience and some photos, watch for it that way, we can focus on your tracking your car all the way to delivery here!!!

My check-in thread is now here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727282
Hey, I went to check out your other thread. You are an ace photographer!!

No, it's me that's weird for preferring the single "hump", hehe By far, most people will order the Nav and it makes the car look more luxurious. Actually iDrive is very good, one of the better systems out there right now.

No, keeping my car very stock. The color and trim were my only cosmetic "mods". Trying to get a bit of the refined look in alongside the "mean" look so keeping some chrome to offset all the dark and glossy black of the trim and shadowline.

I bet you're finding every excuse to drive right now! I'll follow your impressions on your other thread...
      08-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #73
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey, I went to check out your other thread. You are an ace photographer!!

No, it's me that's weird for preferring the single "hump", hehe By far, most people will order the Nav and it makes the car look more luxurious. Actually iDrive is very good, one of the better systems out there right now.

No, keeping my car very stock. The color and trim were my only cosmetic "mods". Trying to get a bit of the refined look in alongside the "mean" look so keeping some chrome to offset all the dark and glossy black of the trim and shadowline.

I bet you're finding every excuse to drive right now! I'll follow your impressions on your other thread...
Thanks Julie. You are too kind! I am not an ace photographer, haha... just an amateur snapping away in "trial & error" mode for ~6 years so the "error rate" just possibly slowly and gradually dropping

Yes, I am liking how iDrive works so far, no complaint; will write something in my check-in / impression / photos thread later.

Where's the ship carrying your car now?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #74
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Where's the ship carrying your car now?
The last time I checked (this morning), it had left the Southhamption UK port, and was somewhere in the North Altantic. It said its destination was Halifax, and everything was on schedule. YAY!

Right now, it doesn't seem to be "in range" (whatever that means), so cannot pull up a map

However, I found this cool photo of the ship when it was docked at Bremerhaven (aka Bimmer Heaven) this past July 31st - Aug. 1, 2012, when my M was loaded!

I also searched for photos of the ship when it would have been carrying your car, but could not find any...
      08-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The last time I checked (this morning), it had left the Southhamption UK port, and was somewhere in the North Altantic. It said its destination was Halifax, and everything was on schedule. YAY!

Right now, it doesn't seem to be "in range" (whatever that means), so cannot pull up a map

However, I found this cool photo of the ship when it was docked at Bremerhaven (aka Bimmer Heaven) this past July 31st - Aug. 1, 2012, when my M was loaded!

I also searched for photos of the ship when it would have been carrying your car, but could not find any...
the ships use AIS (Automatic Identification System) which is a radio based (not GPS, etc.) system. Out of range means the ship is not within distance of any station (usually ground based) that can pick up the ship's signal to report the ship's location and other info. When I tracked its voyage carrying my car, the ship was "radio silent" until about 1 day prior to reaching Halifax. Hang in there
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #76
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
the ships use AIS (Automatic Identification System) which is a radio based (not GPS, etc.) system. Out of range means the ship is not within distance of any station (usually ground based) that can pick up the ship's signal to report the ship's location and other info. When I tracked its voyage carrying my car, the ship was "radio silent" until about 1 day prior to reaching Halifax. Hang in there
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! Now I'll know not to expect anything for about a week.
      08-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #77
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
At port of destination!

So, a week has passed and the boat has landed in Halifax!

To show future Canadian owners, here's a couple of screen shots.

One is a screen shot from marinetraffic.com showing the boat anchored at Halifax, and the other is of the tracking page on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website showing that the car has been discharged.

I saw the confirmation of arrival this morning and my salesman sent me an email later today confirming that the car has landed in Halifax.

And I've sent a PM to Jamie - yay!!
Attached Images

08-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #78
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

One is a screen shot from marinetraffic.com showing the boat anchored at Halifax, and the other is of the tracking page on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website showing that the car has been discharged.

I saw the confirmation of arrival this morning and my salesman sent me an email later today confirming that the car has landed in Halifax.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #79
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Thumbs up

Quote:

I can't wait to see pics of your car, Julie.
      08-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #80
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
I can't wait to see pics of your car, Julie.
Thanks NoM3ForMe. When are you thinking of maybe buying one? I waited a long time too.

Well, I have a cool update on my car's status.

First of all, I want to thank Jamie - aka BMRLVR - He is so awesome for tracking my car on the train!!!

After being loaded on a train 6 days ago in Halifax, the car is now at the train yard in Toronto!! This means, if there are no delays, my car should arrive at the dealership sometime next week.

There was also a delay in the trip (3 days?) due to the train needing repairs. So, for future Canadians tracking their car - 6 days is probably longer than the average time it takes to go from Halifax ---> Toronto.
      08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #81
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
PS. If someone knows how I can upload an Safari web screenshot from a Windows computer onto the web, let me know... I can open the screenshot with Safari for Windows, but don't know how to post it...

Anyways, it would look something like this... this is from bnombe's tracking:

08-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #82
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Congrats Julie for getting your car very soon!!!

As for posting the screen shot, regardless of windows Mac safari Firefox... you should be able to take a screen shot (using Ctrl+PrtScrn on PC, Grab app on Mac) and save it as jpeg file to upload like any jpeg "photo".

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #83
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats Julie for getting your car very soon!!!

As for posting the screen shot, regardless of windows Mac safari Firefox... you should be able to take a screen shot (using Ctrl+PrtScrn on PC, Grab app on Mac) and save it as jpeg file to upload like any jpeg "photo".

Good luck!
Thanks! I never knew how to take screenshots on my own computer, lol.

From train to dealership:

Well, the trip from the rail station to my dealership was fast! My dealership estimated 2 to 3 days, but it came after 1.

A couple of crummy Android phone pics of a very dirty car. I will take detailed pics when clean.

About the Azurite: I would say it's very close to Carbon Black, except the blue pigments are more sparkly. And the color can change from dark to black to dark blue again, even under the sunlight. For example, the two pics below:

When it appears black (pic of an Azurite Black from an autogespot.nl review)

An example of the blue sparkles:

I am so excited it's unreal
      08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #84
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Awesome news Julie!!!

When do you take delivery? Time for you to start your impression thread
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #85
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Thanks! I never knew how to take screenshots on my own computer, lol.

Well, the trip from the rail station to my dealership was fast! My dealership estimated 2 to 3 days, but it came after 1.

A couple of crummy Android phone pics of a very dirty car. I will take detailed pics when clean.

About the Azurite: I would say it's very close to Carbon Black, except the blue pigments are more sparkly. And the color can change from dark to black to dark blue again, even under the sunlight. For example, the two pics below:

When it appears black (pic of an Azurite Black from an autogespot.nl review)

An example of the blue sparkles:

I am so excited it's unreal
Congratulations Julie, I am so excited for you and I look forward to some better pictures after delivery!!!
      08-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #86
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:

Julie, Do you know what type of tires came on your Competition equipped car (Conti, Pirelli, Michelin)?

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #87
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Julie, Do you know what type of tires came on your Competition equipped car (Conti, Pirelli, Michelin)?
Good question! I hear from my SA that BMW stopped with the Michelin's for some reason but I'm still hoping.

Congrats you guys!
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #88
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Wow, beautiful Julie!! A long wait for you but well worth it... Enjoy it in good health.
Appreciate 0