BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-19-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Brand New KARBONIUS Elbow

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 600.00

Item Interest
Karbonius Elbow for sale. It comes with brandnew AFE Coupling. Free Shipping in All States!

, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
E46PP
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 M3 ZCP

Will this match up with factory air filter!? 🤔
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46PP View Post
Will this match up with factory air filter!? 🤔
Factory air filter fits yeah. I never installed on my vehicle. But i do have Brand New AA air filter and fits :

, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 1
E46PP22.00
      03-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #4
E46PP
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 M3 ZCP

Is this a new part by Karbonius!? Or the elbow from the carbon plenum kit?

Doesn't look like the elbow is listed individually on their website? 🤔 Trying to confirm fitment with stock plenum. 😎
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 07:35 PM   #5
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:

Doesn't look like the elbow is listed individually on their website? 🤔 Trying to confirm fitment with stock plenum. 😎
This is from the Karbonius CF Plenum. Yeah they do not sell individually. I am planning to get Eventuri Full Kit. And not planning to use the Karbonius Elbow on it. The plenum part does not have to exact fit cause AFE kit will seal and keep the elbow in place without air leak. You may have issue on Air filter housing worse case scenario but not the plenum side. I am pretty sure about it.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 06:50 AM   #6
24yearvet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 E92/S65

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Quote:

This is from the Karbonius CF Plenum. Yeah they do not sell individually. I am planning to get Eventuri Full Kit. And not planning to use the Karbonius Elbow on it. The plenum part does not have to exact fit cause AFE kit will seal and keep the elbow in place without air leak. You may have issue on Air filter housing worse case scenario but not the plenum side. I am pretty sure about it.
I have half the Eventuri system and would not switch to anything but. Eventuri is great-you won't regret that decision!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:07 AM   #7
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24yearvet View Post
I have half the Eventuri system and would not switch to anything but. Eventuri is great-you won't regret that decision!
Karbonius has superior quality over Eventuri but unfortunately i dont like the design. Eventuri has the best OEM look. If they should have used aluminum housings that would be great.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:22 AM   #8
24yearvet
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Karbonius has superior quality over Eventuri but unfortunately i dont like the design. Eventuri has the best OEM look. If they should have used aluminum housings that would be great.
"Superior quality over Eventuri" that's a very, subjective statement. What are you basing that on? I've seen more people switch to Eventuri all the while unloading their Haimus and Karbonius intakes/plenums.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:37 AM   #9
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
"Superior quality over Eventuri" that's a very, subjective statement. What are you basing that on? I've seen more people switch to Eventuri all the while unloading their Haimus and Karbonius intakes/plenums.
What was the reasoning they were switching from Karbonius to Eventuri?
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 03-23-2022 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #10
24yearvet
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Was was the reasoning they were switching from Karbonius to Eventuri?
Primarily Looks, performance (throttle response)/sound and higher quality CF clear and no fitment issues.

I love mine over the Dinan. Never even bothered with Haimus or Karbonius. CarboProject—maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:13 PM   #11
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Primarily Looks, performance (throttle response)/sound and higher quality CF clear and no fitment issues.

I love mine over the Dinan. Never even bothered with Haimus or Karbonius. CarboProject—maybe.
I ve seen couple Eventuri kit with fitment issue as well. But company sent new units to fix it. I have heard good stories on Karbonius never heard bad one , guess i was just looking at the good side.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:55 PM   #12
24yearvet
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I ve seen couple Eventuri kit with fitment issue as well. But company sent new units to fix it. I have heard good stories on Karbonius never heard bad one , guess i was just looking at the good side.
I'm right there with you but I want to know as much about each as possible especially when we drop that much Quid on these systems. I'm like you-just offering what I've heard/seen as well. I mean it took almost $10K and on my 4th and final exhaust —until I found the grail in craftsmanship and performance gains—my Akra Ti Evo cat-back. Tame yet, unique Euro-exotic sound. I'm sure a CF Plenum would only add to the uniqueness. Hit up Abdul for the Eventuri cold air intake—good price too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:34 PM   #13
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm right there with you but I want to know as much about each as possible especially when we drop that much Quid on these systems. I'm like you-just offering what I've heard/seen as well. I mean it took almost $10K and on my 4th and final exhaust —until I found the grail in craftsmanship and performance gains—my Akra Ti Evo cat-back. Tame yet, unique Euro-exotic sound. I'm sure a CF Plenum would only add to the uniqueness. Hit up Abdul for the Eventuri cold air intake—good price too.
Abdul is my brother, when the time comes of course will do. Even tho i have heard more good things on Karbonius than Eventuri, the design is very important since this is also and mostly a visual upgrade beside the sound, Eventuri wins 10 times over Karbonius design. And Thank you for your input.
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 03-24-2022 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 1